blackjays24

CAG Veteran
Hello from Canada!

Looking at the wal-mart flyer I noticed a mistake was made. It reads likes this

#589670.
Our Reg. 99.83.
88.83 each
Save $11

Now this is referring to the playstation move being on sale BUT in the advertisement there is no title proclaiming "Playstation move" instead there is just an image. The problem for wal-mart is that the image being shown is the image for the Playstation move bundle which INCLUDES the PS3. Online, they do have the correct image which includes only the playstation move with the game. But in their boxing day flyer all that is visible is the stuff I typed above and an image showing the bundle including a ps3+controller+move+the game. And since wal-mart does not declare in the ad that it's just the playstation move, do they have to sell the bundle that is displayed for 88.83? I mean I'm realizing they probably won't, just not sure.

Note: The online flyer has since CHANGED the image and now just has the Playstation Move advertised. But the physical one that they sent out, which is exactly the same as the one online, has the playstation move and ps3 bundle meaning they obviously realize they made a mistake.

Thanks!

It's worth a shot, but since they've obviously realized their mistake, odds are word has been sent to the stores not to sell the Move+System bundle for $88.

Well I read through the flyer to see if there was any small print that would prevent them from honoring the flyer and I couldn't see anything. THe only small print I could find way this stuff

Through all the small print all I can see is "*Item may be subject to additional environmental handling, recycling or disposal fees. Such fees may vary by product and by province. See store for details." And that's on a cellphone page. On the page with the move it says at the bottom "(While supplies last.)" and on the last page there is a big one reading

"Items and prices available in Canada only and only for stores in the distribution area of this flyer. Flyer effective Monday, December 27th to Friday, December 31st, 2010. Walmart has great selection available at everyday low prices, and we continually strive to lower our costs so that we can roll back our prices for you. No rain checks will be issued for the items advertised in this flyer. We reserve teh right to limit quantities to normal retail purchases. If the scanned price of non-price ticketed item is higher than the shelf price or any other displayed price, you're entitled to receive the first item at no charge, up to a $10 maximum. Certain items may be subject to additional environmental handling, recycling or disposal fees. Such fees may vary by product and by province. See store for details.

You may be able to access the flyer at walmart.ca/flyers

Province Prince Edward Island and any location

They're not going to honor that. You can try, but you'll be wasting your time. They're not going to take a $200 hit on something that's an obvious error.

Eh, it happens more frequently than you think. When I worked at Gamestop, they would usually send a memo to all stores first thing in the morning telling us about a price error or something. I'd imagine its the same deal over at Walmart.

[quote name='blackjays24']Well I read through the flyer to see if there was any small print that would prevent them from honoring the flyer and I couldn't see anything. THe only small print I could find way this stuff[/QUOTE]

There doesn't need to be any small print. Companies are not obligated to honor obvious price mistakes. A lot of times, if it's a small mistake, some stores will take the hit, because it's not worth the ill will to avoid losing $10. But in this case, it's big enough that they are not going to take the loss. As others have pointed out, they more than likely have already caught onto the mistake, and there will probably be signs up informing customers that there was an error in the ad.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']There doesn't need to be any small print. Companies are not obligated to honor obvious price mistakes. A lot of times, if it's a small mistake, some stores will take the hit, because it's not worth the ill will to avoid losing $10. But in this case, it's big enough that they are not going to take the loss. As others have pointed out, they more than likely have already caught onto the mistake, and there will probably be signs up informing customers that there was an error in the ad.[/QUOTE]

Furthermore, it's been corrected in the online ad, meaning that if the OP did ask them to honor the pricing error, they would most likely direct him to the updated version of the flyer.

Laws also vary by state but their are laws in place that prevent stores from being required to honor obvious misprints. These usually require stores to take steps in good faith to show it was a mistake such as changing the ad.

Your free to try to get it but i wouldn't hold your breath.

Unless Wal-Mart normally charges $99.83 for the bundle you're not going to have much luck. The flyer lists that as their "regular price."

bread's done
Back