Wal Mart B&M still has GB Micros for 39 bucks

fenderhutz

CAGiversary!
I just went to my local Wal Mart to grab some groceries and lo and behold most of the black friday items they had left are still at the black friday price. So I grabbed a Black Micro while I was getting my Wheaties.

EDIT: should have put B&M in the title

My Wal-Mart probably has 40 each of the black and silver and about 10 of the Famicoms.

No one wants these at $39 - and to think it launched a year ago at at $99 MSRP.

[quote name='fenderhutz']I just went to my local Wal Mart to grab some groceries and lo and behold most of the black friday items they had left are still at the black friday price. So I grabbed a Black Micro while I was getting my Wheaties.

EDIT: should have put B&M in the title[/QUOTE]

Then go down to the 'advanced edit' option and change your title ;)

It seems like some stores did a better job of publicizing it. I went to the main Walmart in town just after the sale started and they were apparently already sold out, but another one a little off the beaten track never put them out of the glass case, so most people didn't even see them and they still had a bunch even late in the afternoon.

At $99, the micro was way overpriced, but at $35-$40 it's a fantastic deal. I love my micro. Instead of positioning it above the GBA SP, they should have made it the entry-level model (and I think that may be what they are doing now, since they have dropped MSRP to $60).

I bought two, one for me and one for my daughter. It's good to put in your pocket and play games on the crapper.

Looks like I should go check-out my local Walmart then, maybe I'll find a famicom micro for $40. For collection purposes, I'll wait to pick up the silver or black ones when they're cheaper. I really hope this isn't YMMV by an employee forgot to reset the prices or something.

I just picked a silver one up last night around 9:30PM for $39.92. They only had black and silver but there was a ton left.

One strange thing was that there was a note with the instructions stating that the face plate was not changeable on this model. I'm not sure if this is a Wal-Mart only thing and it wasn't a big deal to me, but just wanted to make people aware.

That is interesting. I personally don't care too much about changing faceplates for their looks, but I did like that the faceplate could be changed, since it allowed you to put on a new one if your old one got scratched up (the face plate actually sits over the screen itself and protects it).

[quote name='mick16']I just picked a silver one up last night around 9:30PM for $39.92. They only had black and silver but there was a ton left.

One strange thing was that there was a note with the instructions stating that the face plate was not changeable on this model. I'm not sure if this is a Wal-Mart only thing and it wasn't a big deal to me, but just wanted to make people aware.[/quote]

Am I reading this right, the micros available at Walmart can't remove the faceplates or just don't advise it seeing how there aren't any included in the silver/black ones?

[quote name='Demontooth']It's in a different package, so maybe you can't remove the face plates on these.[/QUOTE]

You can remove the face plates, these just don't come with the tool to remove them.

Edit: Of course these also don't come with any additional face plates. The silver, black and famicom face plates are available from nintendostore.com for $5 a piece. I'm thinking about picking up a black one to have an all black Micro.

[quote name='rperez1025']You can remove the face plates, these just don't come with the tool to remove them.[/QUOTE]

That's the way the 20th anniversary one comes.

[quote name='Demontooth']That's the way the 20th anniversary one comes.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I bought that one a few months ago. So now I have two Micros (famicom and black) and no extra faceplates or tools to remove them.

[quote name='schuerm26']Are you sure they ring up at $39.99? My had tons but they rang up as $59.99[/quote]

Ours rang up at $39.99. They also had a big stack of some computer deals and some LCD TV too.

TBW

[quote name='schuerm26']Are you sure they ring up at $39.99? My had tons but they rang up as $59.99[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was at my Walmart today and they had a sign "black micros $59.99" so definately YMMV

I woke up at 3am to buy two of these online for my niece and nephew! I was stoked to get them. Toys R Us never sold them online as far as I could tell. I just assumed they were sold out but I probably should have checked.

[quote name='dubbfoolio']I woke up at 3am to buy two of these online for my niece and nephew! I was stoked to get them. Toys R Us never sold them online as far as I could tell. I just assumed they were sold out but I probably should have checked.[/QUOTE]

I got it from Wal-Mart for $39.99 yesterday after visited ToysRus.

Let me tell you that people work for ToysRus at my area have no idea about video game. First I went to TRU and asked for GB micro, and guess what they said, "Sir, I really have no idea what you're talking about. We've heard of so-called GB micro and I'm afraid to tell you that it's not exist, or maybe it might come out in the future........." What a stupid ass.........

Thanks for the info, bought two of the 20th anniversary editions -- one for me, one for my soon-to-be-8-year-old son -- at my local WM, each rang up at $39.92. Nice! :bouncy:

Question: Can these 2 hook up with each other for head-to-head gameplay or otherwise interacting (e.g., trading in GBA Pokemon games)? Thanks for any additional info!

Edit: Found the time-to-spend-more-money answer to my question, ordered the micro cable and micro converter from NOA. Grrr.

[quote name='Demontooth']TRU sold a ton at $35[/QUOTE]

i wish i had more at TRU to sell on friday, I only had 5 total at my store. I hope to never get them back in stock again

I just stopped in today at the walmart here and they had like 40 left but when the check rang me up it was back to $60. Deal in dead

bread's done
Back