Wal-Mart Band Hero Band Kit $42

Band Hero is a great game, if you like Jesse McCartney, Taylor Swift, Ally & AJ, and all the other artists I suffered through to get the easy achievements. As an owner and a 100% completionist, I can say it's the worst music sim game of the lot. The song choice is sub-par, and the note train is slightly different from both Rock Band and Guitar Hero and takes some getting used to. It has an overall pop atmosphere, with the hardest song being "American Pie." The national anthems by Steve Ouimette are free to download for GH5.

I only spent $3 on the game since I had Rock Band instruments already. If you need the instruments, $25 is the highest you should go. You will regret your purchase at $42.

if you need wireless drums or a guitar it's worth it. i bought a kit for 34.99 in august for the guitar and sold the drums alone for $85 on ebay. even after fees i still got my guitar and game for free.

[quote name='Blade']Band Hero is a great game, if you like Jesse McCartney, Taylor Swift, Ally & AJ, and all the other artists I suffered through to get the easy achievements. As an owner and a 100% completionist, I can say it's the worst music sim game of the lot. The song choice is sub-par, and the note train is slightly different from both Rock Band and Guitar Hero and takes some getting used to. It has an overall pop atmosphere, with the hardest song being "American Pie." The national anthems by Steve Ouimette are free to download for GH5.

I only spent $3 on the game since I had Rock Band instruments already. If you need the instruments, $25 is the highest you should go. You will regret your purchase at $42.[/QUOTE]

Where do you suggest me buy the instruments?

[quote name='IamPro']From what I have seen it has gone on sale every 2 months or even less.[/QUOTE]

Does anybody have any recommendations where I should get the guitar hero band kit for a good and cheap price?

I ordered it from Wal-Mart just in case they might raise up the price as I couldn't find a better deal elsewhere. Does anybody have any recommendations where I should get the guitar hero band kit for a good and cheap price? Thanks!

You're looking specifically for the Xbox version? Because I see you have a PS3 according to your sig; Gamestop has the PS2 Band Hero Superbundle for $19.99. You will need to buy a PS3 copy of the game, but the instruments are the same for PS2 and PS3 so you can just get that. The other Guitar Hero and Rock Band games are inexpensive too.

How long does Walmart usually take to ship? I ordered a game from them two days ago and it still hasn't shipped. Amazon usually ships within 24 hours regardless of weekend or not.

[quote name='whitereflection']You're looking specifically for the Xbox version? Because I see you have a PS3 according to your sig; Gamestop has the PS2 Band Hero Superbundle for $19.99. You will need to buy a PS3 copy of the game, but the instruments are the same for PS2 and PS3 so you can just get that. The other Guitar Hero and Rock Band games are inexpensive too.[/QUOTE]

I am looking for the Xbox 360 version. I unfortunately do not own a PS2 or PS3.

I saw 2 separate Targets with the Guitar + Game version of Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock last week for $39.99 at the bottom of the clearance racks... Of course, that was pre Black Friday They're probably gone by now...

And Yes - the sale prices for guitars and drums are insane now, since they don;t make them any more... I bought a PRS SE guitar with what I sold my Beatles Rock Band for, almost...

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']How long does Walmart usually take to ship? I ordered a game from them two days ago and it still hasn't shipped. Amazon usually ships within 24 hours regardless of weekend or not.[/QUOTE]

I ordered the Band Hero Band Kit for Xbox 360 a few days ago and it has been shipped already. For Amazon I ordered a Turtle Beach X12 during the weekend and it still has not been shipped yet. I guess it varies between your location?

I remember when this game first came out and within the first month I saw it for $9 even at Wal-Mart one morning. I thought it had to be a mistake but got it out of the case and scanned it and sure enough it was. For $9 couldn't say no, especially since it wasn't even out a month, had to be some kind of mistake...

[quote name='Navex']I remember when this game first came out and within the first month I saw it for $9 even at Wal-Mart one morning. I thought it had to be a mistake but got it out of the case and scanned it and sure enough it was. For $9 couldn't say no, especially since it wasn't even out a month, had to be some kind of mistake...[/QUOTE]

What you got was just the game only right? Did you get the whole Band Kit?

The PS3 version was on there in a bundle with a T-shirt. $3+$37 = $40, I know because I'm, like, a math genius. But, Wal-mart math apparently goes like $3+$37 = $47, at least in my cart. :/

*Edit: I meant to add that I also remember seeing a lot of NewEgg deals on this. But, I remember people were shipping them to Activision for replacements, which seemed like more hassle than I personally care to handle. Someone more familiar with it may be able to elaborate on the details.

bread's done
Back