Wal-Mart/BEST BUY/Future Shop X360 ARCADE $149!!!!!!!!!!

gamer602

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
arcadef.jpg

Pic courtesy oflbartley

Yes!
Finally!
I'm going shopping.
Now to track down a 20GB HD... Microplay probably has a used one...
Guess I should give them a shot...

[quote name='Cravin Taco Bell']is this canada only.....?[/QUOTE]
Probably.

Anyone know if the 20GB HD offer from MS is still on? (Longshot I know!)

[quote name='IceBlueShoes']
Anyone know if the 20GB HD offer from MS is still on? (Longshot I know!)[/QUOTE]

No it's not, and the serials from the new Arcade units were not eligible for it anyway. Still a good deal, WM has the 60GB Starter kit for $100, so it'd kind of be like getting a Pro for $250 (without the component cables and the pair of games).

$145 after PM at FS/BB. You can even get it cheaper if you apply coupons and the PM at Staples.

Sooo tempting to get one after selling off my last one. I don't think I'll need the HDD or XBL either.

[quote name='IceBlueShoes']Probably.

Anyone know if the 20GB HD offer from MS is still on? (Longshot I know!)[/QUOTE]

ended in feb as far as i know

[quote name='TheClair']No it's not, and the serials from the new Arcade units were not eligible for it anyway. Still a good deal, WM has the 60GB Starter kit for $100, so it'd kind of be like getting a Pro for $250 (without the component cables and the pair of games).[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JnJosh']ended in feb as far as i know[/QUOTE]
Thanks.
No harm in asking I figured.

I'm trying to find the cheapest knockoff component cables. Might have to visit EB,or better yet Microplay. I hope they have a used 20GB HD at least.

Now to pick up a game... Maybe I'll just rent something to start with.
Stupid question, you can't use a BT headset on Live, correct?

[quote name='IceBlueShoes']Thanks.
No harm in asking I figured.

I'm trying to find the cheapest knockoff component cables. Might have to visit EB,or better yet Microplay. I hope they have a used 20GB HD at least.

Now to pick up a game... Maybe I'll just rent something to start with.
Stupid question, you can't use a BT headset on Live, correct?[/QUOTE]

I bought a cheap knock off 120 GB hard drive from Ebay for $70. Works perfectly.

As for games, you should use Goozex. You can score some really great 360 games for dirt cheap on there.

Does your TV not have HDMI IceBlueShoes?
And pick up Tales of Vesperia for $29.99 at HMV as your game. Will last you a very long time.

Haha, I sold my old 360 without a hard drive for $170. I might be getting a Falcon again, but that's alright. That's a hot price.

[quote name='ragnar14']If you don't spot anything on the racks, there's always:
http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10830&cs_id=1083005&p_id=4011&seq=1&format=2[/QUOTE]
Thanks! That was actually the 1st site I looked at but wasn't able to find the cables.
Just say no to Monster. lol
[quote name='Afrodiziak']I bought a cheap knock off 120 GB hard drive from Ebay for $70. Works perfectly.

As for games, you should use Goozex. You can score some really great 360 games for dirt cheap on there.[/QUOTE]
I'm sort of wary of ebay. Never know what you're going to get, but I will keep it in mind.
I always wondered about Goozex, I'll check it out later.
I'm leaning towards picking up the Orange Box. But I also want to check out Left 4 Dead, Bioshock and Mass Effect.
[quote name='Firestorm']Does your TV not have HDMI IceBlueShoes?
And pick up Tales of Vesperia for $29.99 at HMV as your game. Will last you a very long time.[/QUOTE]
No to HDMI. TV has DVI though. Folks have a 45" RP CRT TV. It does 480p/1080i. Pretty good picture actually.
I'd rather stick with component since it seems most TV's now only have 2 HDMI ports and I'd rather keep 1 free if I can help it.
I'm planning on using my HD-DVD player for 1 port and Blu-Ray for the other.
My audio receiver doesn't support video connections. Only audio.
Anyways, 1st I need a job. Ahh the life of a university grad in a recession.

Tales of Vesparia? Is that related to Tales of Destiny or Tales of Legaia? (might have the name wrong, but wasn't their a game with the same name on the GC?

[quote name='IceBlueShoes']No to HDMI. TV has DVI though. Folks have a 45" RP CRT TV. It does 480p/1080i[/quote] It has a d-sub connector for DVI? Get a DVI to HDMI cable, same pic quality as HDMI. They're pretty cheap and easy to find.

And no BT support for X-Box, just the PS3.

[quote name='IceBlueShoes']Thanks! That was actually the 1st site I looked at but wasn't able to find the cables.
Just say no to Monster. lol

I'm sort of wary of ebay. Never know what you're going to get, but I will keep it in mind.
I always wondered about Goozex, I'll check it out later.
I'm leaning towards picking up the Orange Box. But I also want to check out Left 4 Dead, Bioshock and Mass Effect.

No to HDMI. TV has DVI though. Folks have a 45" RP CRT TV. It does 480p/1080i. Pretty good picture actually.
I'd rather stick with component since it seems most TV's now only have 2 HDMI ports and I'd rather keep 1 free if I can help it.
I'm planning on using my HD-DVD player for 1 port and Blu-Ray for the other.
My audio receiver doesn't support video connections. Only audio.
Anyways, 1st I need a job. Ahh the life of a university grad in a recession.

Tales of Vesparia? Is that related to Tales of Destiny or Tales of Legaia? (might have the name wrong, but wasn't their a game with the same name on the GC?[/QUOTE]

You can't go wrong with Mass Effect. You can probably find it pretty easily for $10-$15.

[quote name='jconnah']im on the walmart.ca and it says 360 is still 198.[/QUOTE]
Read the first post again ;)

Hint: What day is today?

[quote name='Pavel6969']I think the coupons were in the newspaper, could be wrong though.[/QUOTE]
Have to sign up for their newsletter. It's via email.

I think it come from newsletters from Stapples website.

Well my brother succeed to PM at Stapples today and used his 30$ off 150$.
My xbox 360 was dying anyway so new one will be good.

^ wat was the final price? did have to get a filler item? 145$ is the PMd stooples price bfore taxes correct? then the 30 off is taking BFORE the taxes i think or is it after

[quote name='Princess Zelda']I guess Walmart is clearing stock there's a new Arcade unit is coming soon/already out that has double the internal memory. [/QUOTE]See, now this is a conundrum, as those new ones are obviously Jaspers.

Get a cheap Falcon now, or a full priced Jasper later? :whistle2:k

[quote name='No One']See, now this is a conundrum, as those new ones are obviously Jaspers.

Get a cheap Falcon now, or a full priced Jasper later? :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

$50+ for a newer chipset, better stability, and a little more memory. You could get a cheap 20GB drive for $50 I guess. But the newer chipset and lower power consumption could be priceless down the road.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']$50+ for a newer chipset, better stability, and a little more memory. You could get a cheap 20GB drive for $50 I guess. But the newer chipset and lower power consumption could be priceless down the road.[/QUOTE]
Not worth it to me.
I'll just try to look for the 14.2v.
I'll play in dim light to help conserve energy.
Besides with the extra warranty from MS I don't see why it's an extra issue really.
Can get a 20GB HD from dealextreme for under $40 with shipping and component/hdmi cables for under $10.
Headset is also less than $10. So for about $60 you have your own premium version. - the wireless controller of course!

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']$50+ for a newer chipset, better stability, and a little more memory. You could get a cheap 20GB drive for $50 I guess. But the newer chipset and lower power consumption could be priceless down the road.[/QUOTE]Thing is, Falcon arcades come with memory cards instead of internal memory, which is convenient. And there are plenty of Jaspers getting E74 problems, so a newer chipset isn't exactly failproof here.

[quote name='No One']See, now this is a conundrum, as those new ones are obviously Jaspers.

Get a cheap Falcon now, or a full priced Jasper later? :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

The amount of fun you can have from getting a system now (and saving 50 bucks to boot) far outweighs waiting for a 'more reliable' unit imo (amount of time spent playing games pending obviously).

So far, my Falcon is still kicking as well as the Falcons of guys I know.

That's what I'm thinking.

I feel that if the thing does fail a few years down the line, another replacement Arcade would be trivially cheap.

[quote name='kleptodathief']^ wat was the final price? did have to get a filler item? 145$ is the PMd stooples price bfore taxes correct? then the 30 off is taking BFORE the taxes i think or is it after[/QUOTE]

Final price was something like 145$ with tax, he took a filler, a 15$ game I think.

Hmm, here's a question: When you get a refurb 360 back from a RRoD repair do you get a new 3-year RRoD warranty starting at that date, or is the 3-year term still counted from the original purchase date?

Hmm, here's a question: When you get a refurb 360 back from a RRoD repair do you get a new 3-year RRoD warranty starting at that date, or is the 3-year term still counted from the original purchase date?
All warranties are based on the initial purchase date.

It is also possible to re-buy an extended warranty from MS after your initial extended warranty expires. My 2005 "launch" console (actually replaced 5 times!) is under warranty until January 2012.

[quote name='Zyzomys']All warranties are based on the initial purchase date.

It is also possible to re-buy an extended warranty from MS after your initial extended warranty expires. My 2005 "launch" console (actually replaced 5 times!) is under warranty until January 2012.[/QUOTE]

All the more reason that waiting for the new 1 or even not buying because it's not a jasper model doesn't really matter IMO.
Had it still been the original 90day warranty, well it would be a dif story then...

So it seems it is a general pricedrop? I was never interested in an Xbox until all the RPG started coming out on it. Now might be a good time.

Now mind me, I'm totally clueless about Xbox. What's the difference between the versions and is this one a good choice?

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']So it seems it is a general pricedrop? I was never interested in an Xbox until all the RPG started coming out on it. Now might be a good time.

Now mind me, I'm totally clueless about Xbox. What's the difference between the versions and is this one a good choice?[/QUOTE]

Lack of hard drive mainly. That and the wireless controller, and component cables and headset.
You can get everything for cheap on dealextreme anyways. Easily below the extra $150 difference, unless if you pay retail prices for everything.

[quote name='IceBlueShoes']Lack of hard drive mainly. That and the wireless controller, and component cables and headset.
[/QUOTE]

Um... I'm pretty sure the Arcade unit came with a wireless controller.

So the only big thing you are missing out on is a hard drive, which means no downloading. I'm 50/50 about picking up an Arcade unit, and think that it might be worthwhile... retail games are my main interest, and I could always keep an eye open for cheap hard drives later.

The arcade unit has a wireless controller.
Here's a good chart for you:
http://www.xbox.com/en-CA/Hardware/compare101.htm

Used component cable are cheap at EB or Monoprice.com new or buy an HDMI cable if your TV supports it or VGA cable to hook it up to your computer monitor. Hard drive you can always buy later. I don't use my head set obvious reasons "Are you really a girl, prove it".

Alright, thanks guys! Then I'll hunt down mine tonight.
Where's the best place to find an hardrive? Ebay? Is 40Gb enough? That's what I have on my ps3 and it seems to do fine.

Looked at the chart, I'm seeing that there isn't backward compatibily with Arcade? Meh.

Last edited by a moderator:
40gb do not exist.

You got choice between 20gb, 60gb ,120gb.

In reality for the 20gb you got like 12-13gb because of the Microsoft stuff. So you could install 2 games. On mine I usually have 1 games install because of all my arcade games.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']The arcade unit has a wireless controller.
Here's a good chart for you:
http://www.xbox.com/en-CA/Hardware/compare101.htm

Used component cable are cheap at EB or Monoprice.com new or buy an HDMI cable if your TV supports it or VGA cable to hook it up to your computer monitor. Hard drive you can always buy later. I don't use my head set obvious reasons "Are you really a girl, prove it".[/QUOTE]

Thanks,
guess that's new. Didn't the arcade launch with a wired controller though? Maybe that's why I'm confused...
[quote name='Khalid']40gb do not exist.

You got choice between 20gb, 60gb ,120gb.

In reality for the 20gb you got like 12-13gb because of the Microsoft stuff. So you could install 2 games. On mine I usually have 1 games install because of all my arcade games.[/QUOTE]
I guess in my case, the 20giger is fine. I won't be installing games on the HD. Just game saves and some downloadable content. I'll be tossing on my music to have in my games but I won't be downloading movies or anything.

bread's done
Back