Wal-Mart Breaks Bayonetta Street Date--YMMV

PseudoFinrod

CAGiversary!
Just saw the 360 version of Bayonetta for sale at a Wal-Mart in Little Rock, Arkansas. Will post pictures when I can. I did not see the PS3 version at all.
Edit:
photo7.jpg

photo6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hypertails02']Damn I'm heading to Best Buy to redeem gift cards - why can't they break street date too? :whistle2:(

fuck I want this game so badly![/QUOTE]
I remember a thread a few days ago that said BB had broken the street date as well.. YMMV I suppose.

Good luck with buying it though. I'm pretty sure Walmart has those cash registers that doesn't allow games to be sold before their release date.

Remember this guys, just because a game is out on display or behind a game case, in these retailers, doesn't necessarily mean that they have broken street date. I was at Target on Christmas Eve with my wife and saw 2 copies of Bayonetta sitting in the case. I almost pissed myself. I told the rep to give me both copies. When she attempted to ring them up, they registered $0.00. Then she told me she could not sell them until January 5, 2010. This also happened to me at Wal-Mart before with another game. So until someone reports that they actually bought the game, then seeing it in the cases doesn't mean squat.

[quote name='ricoraney']Remember this guys, just because a game is out on display or behind a game case, in these retailers, doesn't necessarily mean that they have broken street date. I was at Target on Christmas Eve with my wife and saw 2 copies of Bayonetta sitting in the case. I almost pissed myself. I told the rep to give me both copies. When she attempted to ring them up, they registered $0.00. Then she told me she could not sell them until January 5, 2010. This also happened to me at Wal-Mart before with another game. So until someone reports that they actually bought the game, then seeing it in the cases doesn't mean squat.[/QUOTE]
The post above you looks like good proof to me.

[quote name='ricoraney']Remember this guys, just because a game is out on display or behind a game case, in these retailers, doesn't necessarily mean that they have broken street date. I was at Target on Christmas Eve with my wife and saw 2 copies of Bayonetta sitting in the case. I almost pissed myself. I told the rep to give me both copies. When she attempted to ring them up, they registered $0.00. Then she told me she could not sell them until January 5, 2010. This also happened to me at Wal-Mart before with another game. So until someone reports that they actually bought the game, then seeing it in the cases doesn't mean squat.[/QUOTE]

I actually did ask them to ring it up, and it came out to be the standard $59.76 (It was $59 something--don't remember the exact coin amount).

[quote name='xxjonoxx']Saw this at Best Buy today and bought it instantly. They had like 5 360 versions, and maybe 7 PS3s.

Proof Receipt:

[/QUOTE]
Seems like enough proof for me. I'll check out my local best buy today or tomorrow. Have fun playing the game!

I saw this game for PS3 and Xbox 360 at Target in Riverside, on Tuesday, but they didn't scan in the system. The employee was trying to figure out who he could buy one himself. lol

*sigh* a bit of bad luck on my part. Found it at a local Walmart and was denied...think I'll check Best Buy tomorrow.

Crazy how a lot of people are finding it this early though. I really want to know why Sega chose Jan. 6th as the release date and not next Tuesday. There's a lot of buzz around the game, getting great reviews left and right, and seems like a lot of stores got their shipment already.

[quote name='Brother Daz']The post above you looks like good proof to me.[/QUOTE]

He never said you couldn't buy them. He said that just because they are on display doesn't mean you will be able, which is 100% true. Plenty of places have such a system in place to stop employees from selling items early. It simply won't let you.

Isn't this game a rip of the Bloodrayne series? She's a witch instead of a vampire now? Bloodrayne was mediocre at best, I don't see how Bayonetta improves the formula.

[quote name='Morrigan Lover']Isn't this game a rip of the Bloodrayne series? She's a witch instead of a vampire now? Bloodrayne was mediocre at best, I don't see how Bayonetta improves the formula.[/QUOTE]

You must not have read much about this game........

[quote name='Morrigan Lover']Isn't this game a rip of the Bloodrayne series? She's a witch instead of a vampire now? Bloodrayne was mediocre at best, I don't see how Bayonetta improves the formula.[/QUOTE]

LOL no. It's Devil May Cry with a woman. Or rather, its an improvement of DMC with a woman.

[quote name='cupcakex1']Stores breaking street date isn't a deal .[/QUOTE]

I agree. Although, I've been waiting to buy this game. I may do so after I pay my CC bill this month.

How can you have a Capcom sig and not know? :hot:

It's made by Hideki Kamiya who created Devil May Cry.

[quote name='Meno']How can you have a Capcom sig and not know? :hot:

It's made by Hideki Kamiya who created Devil May Cry.[/QUOTE]

To be fair he hasn't had a new DarkStalkers game to play in ages

This game is going to rock. Anyways the Denver Colorado AVE Best Buy did not have it out and I tried asking an employee if they could sell me one from the back but he was confused about what I was saying so I just walked away

This street date was broken at least a week ago. Several people on my Xbox Friends List have it on their achievement play history.

stores get fined if they sell copies to early and it should locked where they cant sell it. if you make enough noise they might have to sell it to you though.

would know from experience use to work in electronics at target.

Stores dont get fined that is another total Urban Myth, the worst that could happen is the future inventory from same distributor later or never. But, do you really believe any company would pull this to Walmart, Target or Best Buy? The top 3 electronic sellers in the US?

Just checked two Best Buys in the Riverside,CA area (Riverside East and the East MoVal store) and had no luck. Was hoping to use the gift card I got yesterday. :(

I recently dl'd the PS3 demo not expecting a whole lot, but figured what the heck......

:hot::drool:

This game is FAR BETTER than I imagined it would be! The demo was @ least. The storyline seems pretty solid as well. I'm definitely buying this when I have the means to.

Local mom & pop shops tend to sell early in order to beat out big retailers. You could try one of those places.

[quote name='hypertails02']Damn I'm heading to Best Buy to redeem gift cards - why can't they break street date too? :whistle2:(

fuck I want this game so badly![/QUOTE]

$1,000 fine for each game sold before street date. Probably why Best Buy tries not to break street date. With that said, heading out to Walmart now!

edit] or at least what I was told by my manager at BBY. *shrug*

[quote name='DjHero_X']any hampton,va sightings or anywhere close?[/QUOTE]

I did see it at the Target on Greenbrier near the mall this morning in the case. Didn't try to buy it though...I like those type games but usually when they are around 20 dollars :) ...

Good Luck!

I was at my Best Buy in Merriville, Indiana, and there had to be at least over 10 copies of the game sitting there. I was astonished that they broke the street date by almost 2 weeks!

Yeah I've heard this game is absolutely terrible for the PS3.

Shame, I pre-ordered it when I heard they were fixing it for the American release. Then I find out people have early copies and IGN reviewed the NA version.

Nothing changed.

I've been to three stores in Massachusetts looking for the game with no dice. All the success stories people seem to be having are giving me a jealousy ulcer.

360 version is supposed to look better still, but actually, the PS3 version, while still inferior, looks better than the JP release, from what I've read. The Japanese release on PS3 was abysmal in visuals, and the NA release is just supposed to be a couple notches below the 360 version but still mediocre...They mitigated the crapiness in the PS3 version, but I guess it's still there. Such a pathetic outcome for a game slated for 2010 release, this is not 2006 or 2007, and when games like Dragon Age Origins can pull off better multiplat visuals on the PS3, and you have UC2 and KZ2 visuals now on the console, there is NO excuse, Sega!

Personally, I'll pass on both versions. I have a 360 now, but I'm not supporting such practices, and my back log is big enough for now. Perhaps later if a patch comes out or I change my mind next year when the game is $30 on sale, maybe, but I'm not plunking down MSRP. /rant

[quote name='lifeinhisway83']I did see it at the Target on Greenbrier near the mall this morning in the case. Didn't try to buy it though...I like those type games but usually when they are around 20 dollars :) ...

Good Luck![/QUOTE]

Fml =/, was literally in that store this morning, and was so busy with the Gamestop deal, i forgot to even look for Bayonetta >_>. Probally wouldnt sell anyway though, but im definately gonna check tommorow

[quote name='IRHari']Yeah I've heard this game is absolutely terrible for the PS3.

Shame, I pre-ordered it when I heard they were fixing it for the American release. Then I find out people have early copies and IGN reviewed the NA version.

Nothing changed.[/QUOTE]

I played both and while the 360 version looks and performs a little better, the PS3 version is by no means a bad game.

Does anyone know if the US version is region free?
I have checked Play Asia and some other sites, but was unable to find any info on the region information for the US version.

[quote name='Frey Arena']Does anyone know if the US version is region free?
I have checked Play Asia and some other sites, but was unable to find any info on the region information for the US version.[/QUOTE]

I believe it's region-locked out.

Wal-Mart has the tendency to put games up in the case well before the street date. You can bitch and moan all you want though, they aren't gonna sell it.

They DO get a heavy fine if they were to break the street date. (Which Wal-Mart registers won't allow anyway)
They DON'T have to sell it, even if it's out in the shelf. If you look not so carefully, you see that it will always have a blank price sticker under it (they do this with toys and other misc media as well) ...but if all else fails, they can simply state that it has not been officially released.

People have lost their jobs over this shit, so please don't prey on naive people to get your damn game 2 weeks early.

[quote name='Frey Arena']Does anyone know if the US version is region free?
I have checked Play Asia and some other sites, but was unable to find any info on the region information for the US version.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, unfortunately all versions will be region locked from what I understand.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Fml =/[/QUOTE]

Is it really that big of a deal that you can't get a game two weeks early?

If that's a FML situation I'd hate to see what happens when you run out of tp on the john

bread's done
Back