Wal-Mart deals - NFS, NBA ELITE, MOH LE

laundrymatt

CAGiversary!
Feedback
51 (100%)
Not sure if these have been posted or not, but Wal-Mart has several pre-order deals that include 10 and 20 dollar gift cards.

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit Limited Edition with $20 GC 59.96
Medal of Honor LE with $20 GC 59.96
NBA Elite 11 w/ $20 GC 59.96

Shipping is .97 cents per game.

They also have numerous games with $10 gift cards as well, including:
NBA 2k11, Fallout NV, DeadRising 2, GranTurismo 5, etc.

Check out the walmart website for tons of free gift cards with preorders and 97 cent shipping. I think pretty much all of these are PS3 and 360/Wii.

I don't think Amazon will PM the NFS Hot Pursuit deal since they'd be obligated to give a $20 AND the game Shift as well for people who have already preordered the game. It's unfortunate.

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']Need for Speed with a $60 Walmart GC isn't even worth it.

Just sayin'. :)[/QUOTE]

Seriously? :whistle2:s

Any Criterion racer I've played has been worth full price, the deals this one has been getting are just gravy. Here's hoping they do add that $20 gc @ Amazon so I can get that & NFS: Shift. :pray:

Need for speed is getting great pre release press. The guys who made burnout are working on this one and so
far it looks great. I'm excited to play this one.

Does anyone know yet whether or not NFS is going to have offline multiplayer? I dunno about this game because of that and I dont like the whole open world stuff.

anybody have any idea what gamestop will be taking for trade in credit on NBA Elite 11. I really want NBA Jam but have absolutely no desire for elite

Finally, a good deal on MOH. With Frontline HD and the Battlefield 3 beta included, it's a hell of deal. Need for Speed is pretty tempting too.

Now I just need money.

EA should have to pay me to play NBA Elite.. Worst of the Live/Elite and 2K basketball games in the last 10 years. I didn't mention NBA: The Inside because all of those were horrible.

[quote name='argyle']Seriously? :whistle2:s

Any Criterion racer I've played has been worth full price, the deals this one has been getting are just gravy. Here's hoping they do add that $20 gc @ Amazon so I can get that & NFS: Shift. :pray:[/QUOTE]

I definitely mistyped that. I meant NBA Elite, not NFS. Sorry.

Anyway, they should release NBA Jam at full price and throw in NBA Elite for free. It's GARBAGE this year. Stick with 2K11.

[quote name='ttocshsoj']anybody have any idea what gamestop will be taking for trade in credit on NBA Elite 11. I really want NBA Jam but have absolutely no desire for elite[/QUOTE]

25 all new games get the 25 credit

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']
Anyway, they should release NBA Jam at full price and throw in NBA Elite for free. It's GARBAGE this year. Stick with 2K11.[/QUOTE]
I'm seriously considering buying Elite, using the DLC code for NBA Jam and then selling the game on ebay or trading it in immediately.

Amazon needs to PM Medal of Honor...STAT!!!

With my $20 GC I'll be receiving from my Castlevania: LOS, I can get MOH for $40 + another $20 GC. In turn, I'll then use that $20 GC towards either GT5 or Black Ops (PC) and get either of those for $40 too...w/ another $10 GC if I decide on GT5.

Get on this Amazon...

Kmart is still top dog for MOH. You get a $25 coupon off AND an as of yet announced deal to go along with it. I'm guessing the extra deal will be similar to the Halo Reach one that gave you $25 off select games.

[quote name='MrBeatdown']Does anyone know if you're allowed to use the eGift card to buy a regular gift card that can be used in store?[/QUOTE]

Yes you can do that.

**a few beers later**

How has Amazon not PM'd MOH with the $20 GC yet? Perhaps their buyers are still trying to strike a deal with their distributors, but it's been a few hours already.

I'd rather give my business to Amazon, but if they take too long it will cost them 3 sales as I plan on using the $20 GC towards GT5, and that comes with another $10 GC at Wally World, which I'll then use to buy another game from them.

Come on Amazon...YOU CAN DO IT!!!

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']**a few beers later**

How has Amazon not PM'd MOH with the $20 GC yet? Perhaps their buyers are still trying to strike a deal with their distributors, but it's been a few hours already.

I'd rather give my business to Amazon, but if they take too long it will cost them 3 sales as I plan on using the $20 GC towards GT5, and that comes with another $10 GC at Wally World, which I'll then use to buy another game from them.

Come on Amazon...YOU CAN DO IT!!![/QUOTE]

The deal has actually been on Walmart for a couple days, not just a couple hours. Starting to wonder if Amazon is passing on the price matching.

[quote name='NickNotch']The deal has actually been on Walmart for a couple days, not just a couple hours. Starting to wonder if Amazon is passing on the price matching.[/QUOTE]

Now that sucks to hear. Then I guess if Amazon doesn't match by tomorrow morning, my money will be going towards Wally World for the next 3 games.

Seriously...I wonder what has been going on with Amazon lately. First they were the best, leaders in deals...then they at least PM'd any and all deals...now they are half-assing PM'ing. Even their Gold Box Deals lately for all consoles have been completely underwhelming.

Not going to complain too much though as they have been great in the past. Here's hoping they regain their competitive edge. But I go where the deals are, and as much as I prefer to do business with Amazon, money saved is money earned.

[quote name='MrBeatdown']Does anyone know if you're allowed to use the eGift card to buy a regular gift card that can be used in store?[/QUOTE]

I've found that the only shipping method for a physical gift card is directly to your home; NO in store pickup. So you have to knock the shipping price off the $20 for what you really get.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Basic-Blue-Gift-Card/13425270

If I'm wrong, please correct me and paste a URL to show otherwise. Since Amazon isn't matching NFS, I'm going to have to order it through Walmart.

[quote name='emperordahc']I've found that the only shipping method for a physical gift card is directly to your home; NO in store pickup. So you have to knock the shipping price off the $20 for what you really get.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Basic-Blue-Gift-Card/13425270

If I'm wrong, please correct me and paste a URL to show otherwise. Since Amazon isn't matching NFS, I'm going to have to order it through Walmart.[/QUOTE]

Standard shipping is free on gift cards. No link but you can see if you add a gift card to your cart and go through the checkout process. You dont have to actually order it if you just want to verify.

I tried the elite demo for ps3 and liked it. Graphics were good and the gameplay had a kinda steep learning curve which I liked.

I didn't even know NBA jam was on PSN (or will be). I think I will get the NBA Jam or is it only avail if you buy elite? Not quite clear on this. And how much?

[quote name='mr_burnzz']I tried the elite demo for ps3 and liked it. Graphics were good and the gameplay had a kinda steep learning curve which I liked.

I didn't even know NBA jam was on PSN (or will be). I think I will get the NBA Jam or is it only avail if you buy elite? Not quite clear on this. And how much?[/QUOTE]

The only way to get NBA Jam is to buy NBA Elite. They said it won't be coming to XBLA or PSN.

[quote name='NickNotch']The only way to get NBA Jam is to buy NBA Elite. They said it won't be coming to XBLA or PSN.[/QUOTE]
Thanks.
I have never heard of any company doing this. I guess Jam is a disc version or something. I will do some research on this.

[quote name='viper44']how about preordering the game and then returning it to the store, then repurchasing with the gift card?[/QUOTE]

Why would you want to do this? The $20 is going to get charged to you immediately. the other $40 will get charged when game ships. So if you take the game back you will only get refunded $40 and if you use the $20 gift card you will have to pay $60-$20 gift card=$40 which is the same price but you dont have your gift card...

[quote name='mr_burnzz']I tried the elite demo for ps3 and liked it. Graphics were good and the gameplay had a kinda steep learning curve which I liked.

I didn't even know NBA jam was on PSN (or will be). I think I will get the NBA Jam or is it only avail if you buy elite? Not quite clear on this. And how much?[/QUOTE]

The graphics would be good if this were 2002. The player models look like NBA Live '02 or the Sony series NBA: The Inside. NBA 2K11 demo is infinitely better and it's not even close at all.

http://www.operationsports.com/foru...vailable-post-impressions-here-ps3-360-a.html

60+ pages of people bashing how horrible the game is.

[quote name='kevgret']Why would you want to do this? The $20 is going to get charged to you immediately. the other $40 will get charged when game ships. So if you take the game back you will only get refunded $40 and if you use the $20 gift card you will have to pay $60-$20 gift card=$40 which is the same price but you dont have your gift card...[/QUOTE]

You get the eGift card when you pre-order right? Is it possible to change your payment method to the eGift card prior to the game shipping?

I also see Walmart has a Fable 2 Collector's Ed $20 gift card. Amazon offers nothing for that edition.
I discovered when I ordered MOH that my sales tax was a $1 less than Amazon charges??? Last game I ordered from Amazon was exact same price - my prime shipping free. (Being from NY I pay sales tax.) Even with Walmart .97 shipping Walmart is cheaper.
Comparing invoices I realized Amazon is charging $1 more in NY state sales tax for the exact same amount!? Bad enough they collect tax but this is overkill.
I've been a customer of Amazon since the late 90's and I have to agree they are slipping - not only in the deal offers but service as a whole. This year I had to do more returns than I ever have in 10+ years!

[quote name='ShockandAww']Standard shipping is free on gift cards. No link but you can see if you add a gift card to your cart and go through the checkout process. You dont have to actually order it if you just want to verify.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for correcting me! Looks like I'll be getting NFS through Walmart now. Thanks!

[quote name='ShockandAww']Standard shipping is free on gift cards. No link but you can see if you add a gift card to your cart and go through the checkout process. You dont have to actually order it if you just want to verify.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for correcting me! Looks like I'll be getting NFS through Walmart now. Thanks!

bread's done
Back