Wal-Mart Deals YMMV

thetoxicone

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
I was at wal-mart picking up some last minute items for easter dinner and saw that they had multiple games on clearance including

Getaway (the newest one, I forget the subtitle) $25
Suikoden 4 $20
Donkey Konga $35
Fight Night Round 2 Gamecube $35
TMNT 2 (PS2) $22
Goldeneye Rogue Agent (PS2) $15
Full Metal Alchemist $20
Death By Degrees $25
Mario Tennis $20
Mortal Kombat Deception (PS2) $20
Project Snowblind (PS2) $25
King of Fighters (PS2) $15
Pikmin 2 $40
Burnout 3 (XBOX) $32
Tenchu fatal shadows $25
Kessen 3 $35

Needless to say I ended up spending $150 that I didn't plan to spend when I walked in.

I called a friend in another town and they had nothing marked down so this may be only at some locations or only at the east location in Sioux Falls (the one I live near), but I thought I'd at least throw a notice out to everyone just in case.

I edited in a couple titles I remembered

some awesome deals. my walmart is about 45 minutes away, and i doubt most stores have this deal. could be very helpful for people with local walmarts

Add Puyo Pop Fever (Gamecube) to that list, but you might want to find it for GBA since the Cube version kind of sucks (or wait for it on PSP.. better yet, get Lumines)

[quote name='redgopher']Add Puyo Pop Fever (Gamecube) to that list, but you might want to find it for GBA since the Cube version kind of sucks (or wait for it on PSP.. better yet, get Lumines)[/QUOTE]

I saw that one there too, I nearly crapped myself at the number of new titles they had marked down, a lot of them had only been out a couple months (if even that).

I went back and decided to buy a couple more titles and ended up seeing another bin that contained games marked at $12, this included

Silent Hill 4 (XBOX)
Urbz (PS2)
Viewtiful Joe 2 GC
F Zero
Soul Calibur 2 GC
Astro Boy PS2
Need for Speed Underground GC
a bunch of gba video titles (didn't really care to look over these for exact ones)

Wow. I would definately get Urbz for $12. I'm going to check mine tomorrow, even though I KNOW they won't have anything.

They just showed a PSP commercial on MTV. It sucked hardcore.

Walmarts in my area seem to be closed for Easter. I'm torn between being happy that Walmart has a shred of decency and being disappointed because I can't confirm these prices today.

[quote name='nwaugh']Walmarts in my area seem to be closed for Easter. I'm torn between being happy that Walmart has a shred of decency and being disappointed because I can't confirm these prices today.[/QUOTE]

Me and my mom were trying to figure that one out- open on Christmas, closed on Easter? Weird...

I'm with you, tho'- I wanna go see if I cna get Sukoden 4 for 20! :(

I think all the Wal-Marts, or at least a lot, are doing some kind of clearance. One in Edmond, OK I went to had a ton of games marked down to $10, including Ico (which I picked up), Silent Hill 2, Manhunt, Astro Boy, Van Helsing, Catwoman, Sudeki (which now that I look is only $15 at ebgames.com), Jet Set Radio Future, and some old sports games.

There's a clearance bin for games at Walmart? I never see these things at all at my Walmart OR Kmart. Would the markdown be in the glass case too? Well I'm going to check out my Walmart and (hopefully) I don't walk out with $150 more than I need to spend on.

For those that don't know by now, each Walmart store marked down their price individually. That means it is very difficult to find the same price even within the same area.

You may consider taking the phone number of one of these confirmed "clearance pricing" WalMarts with you. Some of the managers really take "Always low prices. Always." pretty seriously. A few years ago I took in a receipt from KMart when they'd priced the colored N64s at $25, and they matched it without even thinking about it.

If it is not too much trouble, can the OP scan the receipt maybe? It may be possible to get them to PM it as long as it is a clear scan.. I really want Suikoden IV and Fullmetal Alchemist for $20 each..... I will call around tomorrow and see if any around here are on clearence.....

The other policy at Walmart is that they won't PM to other Walmart store. But I won't mind seeing the recipt so I can try PMing Fullmetal Alchemist at BB or CC.

Suikoden 4 for $20, Full Metal Alchemist for $20, and Mario Tennis $20 are awesome deals, but I think this is probably way YMMV and I think I'll wait for some more CAGs to report in that they got it even though 2-4 have.

And the Walmart near me has never had a clearance bin while another that is far away has had one for a while.

Yeah, I've tried that stuff before. There are three Wal-Marts within driving distance here, and when one thing goes on clearance, the other two places don't have it on clearance and refuse to price match anything at any other store. All three of them have told me that they don't price match other Wal-Mart stores on anything at any time for any reason for anybody. :p Screw 'em.

[quote name='redgopher']Add Puyo Pop Fever (Gamecube) to that list, but you might want to find it for GBA since the Cube version kind of sucks (or wait for it on PSP.. better yet, get Lumines)[/QUOTE]
puyo pop psp is going to suck.

How many copies did they have left of Suikoden 4 and others? Im about 200 miles away and might actually drive up there if there were a lot left.

[quote name='Optical']How many copies did they have left of Suikoden 4 and others? Im about 200 miles away and might actually drive up there if there were a lot left.[/QUOTE]

You would drive six hour round trip to pick up Suikoden 4? Granted, potentially multiple copies but IMHO, save the gas and money and buy it online.

[quote name='Ecofreak']You would drive six hour round trip to pick up Suikoden 4? Granted, potentially multiple copies but IMHO, save the gas and money and buy it online.[/QUOTE]

He is probably looking to resell or something. I would call up the Walmart and ask them to hold it for you.

Anyone want to pick me up Tenchu, Suikoden, and Mario Tennis? I'll pay them for the game and shipping. PM me if you can would be greatly appreaciated.

[quote name='lorddct']Anyone want to pick me up Tenchu, Suikoden, and Mario Tennis? I'll pay them for the game and shipping. PM me if you can would be greatly appreaciated.[/QUOTE]

ditto, i will pay shipping and a couple extra for mario tennis.

i was at my walmart last night and nothing at all was clearanced. i was rather disapointed.

Just got back from the Wal-mart on Army Trail in Bloomingdale IL. They certainly had some of the same titles as some have posted above, but it seemed that most of them were going for about $25 or more. Once decent deal I saw was Oddworld Stranger's Wrath for $28 (I paid full price - ouch.)

[quote name='EdS25']Just got back from the Wal-mart on Army Trail in Bloomingdale IL. They certainly had some of the same titles as some have posted above, but it seemed that most of them were going for about $25 or more. Once decent deal I saw was Oddworld Stranger's Wrath for $28 (I paid full price - ouch.)[/QUOTE]

Were Suikoden or Fullmetal Alchemist on sale? I am currently at a friend's apartment in Wheaton, so not that is not far. Ahhh... My desperation is so apparent o.x

Sorry I took so long to get back to you - I didn't see either of those. In fact I think they were still in the display case.

Saw some games "clearanced" at a local Wal-Mart but they were all pretty crappy prices for old games. The only two I can remember were NFL 2k3 for $10 and Phantasy Star Online Xbox for $20.

Mine has Viewtiful Joe 2 PS2/GC and F-Zero Legends GBA for only 15 bucks. Is that good? Didnt pick up anyting though. This walmart is moving to a new place a few plazas over so some various stuff is on sale. Those two games were really only the two i noticed that might be good.

[quote name='Vampire Hunter D']Mine has Viewtiful Joe 2 PS2/GC and F-Zero Legends GBA for only 15 bucks. Is that good? Didnt pick up anyting though. This walmart is moving to a new place a few plazas over so some various stuff is on sale. Those two games were really only the two i noticed that might be good.[/QUOTE]

F-Zero Legends is $13 at EB.

You missed the VJ2 GC deal at Kmart for $10.

bread's done
Back