Wal*Mart - GBmicro -$29 ($19?)/GCN -$49 - New - Shouldn't be YMMV, depending on stock

UncleBob

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I know we have a Wal*Mart thread, but this is a pretty good deal. Depending on if your Wal*Mart has any left in stock... The Game Boy micro received a price drop down to $29.00 and the GameCube received a drop down to $49.00.

Again, these are Home Office price changes, not store initiated mark downs...

Game Boy micro now showing up at $19?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm wondering if a discount is applied at checkout. The electronics employee sounded a tad giddy after rattling of the price...makes me wonder if waiting until tomorrow is a mistake.

[quote name='HughMBeing']I'm wondering if a discount is applied at checkout. The electronics employee sounded a tad giddy after rattling of the price...makes me wonder if waiting until tomorrow is a mistake.[/quote]

My wife made the dig and pulled out one and there were 3 left... a few days later.. gone.

I would seriously go now... I don't think they will be there much longer.

I would pick one up if I didn't just buy a PS3. But if anyone here lives near Elgin, IL, I think they had at least 3 of em when I was there this morning.

I got one about two years ago for either this cheap or $50, it was a maroon one and whichever one it was, it's worth the money. The small screen is extremely sharp and bright and the battery lasts for a long, long time. If you can find one go for it.

Is there any suspend feature on the GB Micro, like the one the DS has when you close the screen and it automatically pauses the game?. And what is the approximate battery life on a Micro. Do games look better on this screen than they do on a DS screen? I really want one of these things and $20 is absurdly low.

It has been this price for over 2 months. I picked one up at a Walmart 2 months ago and it was $29 then. Just want to mention that I picked up a couple of Wavebirds as well for $26 each.

[quote name='RickA238']Is there any suspend feature on the GB Micro, like the one the DS has when you close the screen and it automatically pauses the game?. And what is the approximate battery life on a Micro. Do games look better on this screen than they do on a DS screen? I really want one of these things and $20 is absurdly low.[/quote]

No Suspend feature.

Battery life is like 10 hours or so... very long time.

The games are VERY nice on the screen, just SMALL. They are better than the DS though if you want a really tight bright screen.

20 is probably the best price for this.

I would not hesitate to get more!

[quote name='xycury']No Suspend feature.

Battery life is like 10 hours or so... very long time.

The games are VERY nice on the screen, just SMALL. They are better than the DS though if you want a really tight bright screen.

20 is probably the best price for this.

I would not hesitate to get more![/QUOTE]

If the game has a suspend or sleep feature, the micro supports it. Otherwise, no.

Can anyone else actually confirm the $20 price? Cause it seems so far only one person has actually reported this price in this topic.

I remember seeing a handful of these a couple of months ago at my local WalMart, but didn't really notice the price cause I wasn't too interested in another GBA device. I already have 1 original GBA, 1 SP and 1 brighter screen SP.. not to mention a couple of DSes, but for $20 I'll surely bite.

Bah. The Walmart closest to me has been open for 3-4 years so I doubt they would have a GB micro in stock. They didn't when I checked before. Been thinking of picking up a used one at GS (store credit) but I would rather buy it new (even cash).

The problem with being in CA is that most of the WMs in my area are not that old. I guess I will call and hope to get lucky.

The chances of you finding one even at full price is a million to one. I haven't seen GC anythnig in Walmart in over a year.

If anyone has managed to find an extra Game Boy Micro at $19, I would be more than happy to pay $19+shipping. I searched around at all the Wal-Mart stores nearby, and none had it. Please help me out, I would be most grateful. Please PM me!

Thread brought back from the dead huh?!?!!!!

I remember going on the hunt for these in may when this thread started.

I'd love to have a micro. I'd totally have the port of the original NES Legend of Zelda stuck in there 24/7.

I think it was Kojima that was described as always having a Micro worn around his neck (on a lanyard) wherever he went.

bread's done
Back