Wal-Mart has Assasin's Creed and Far Cry 2 for 19.96 (PS3/360). YMMV

Mine had them in the Player's Choice/Greatest Hits/Platinum Hits section when I was there last week.

Unfortunately, the PS3 version had that hideous red case.

[quote name='spooie_redux']Mine had them in the Player's Choice/Greatest Hits/Platinum Hits section when I was there last week.

Unfortunately, the PS3 version had that hideous red case.[/QUOTE]

yea i agree the ps3 greatest hits cases are aesthetically...umm...garbage, but that's what we get for being cheapassgamers that didn't buy earlier.

I got the xbox 360 limited edition version for $29.99 @ gamecrazy. It might of gone down in price now. I had $20 credit for the xblades trade in from awhile back and paid about $8 difference. Worth the purchase and for fc2 it's not worth getting.

[quote name='Malik112099']been this prices for a LONG time now at my local walmart[/QUOTE]

Thanks for sharing that with us, bud.

Far Cry 2 was $10 in the clearance bin of the walmart near me about a month ago... like 20 copies lol. Passed it up because it's not even worth $10

these prices should be the same at every walmart because it is a corporate drop and not by store.

Yeah, it has been this way about Assassin's Creed for a while now at every WM I've been at. Which is good since the second one is coming out soon.

[quote name='hbluft']these prices should be the same at every walmart because it is a corporate drop and not by store.[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily. (For a lot of retail stores) A price ending in .96 means it's a clearance item. That means it might be based on the inventory of that specific store.
.99 is usually MSRP
.98 is usually a franchise-wide sale
.97 is a "special purchase" (not so sure what that means...)

Last edited by a moderator:
19.99 for assasins creed, worth it???
also they had Civ Rev for same price, also is it worth it??

wish they had buy 2 get one with these cause then i'd scoop up mass effect with them!

[quote name='polo14player']19.99 for assasins creed, worth it???
also they had Civ Rev for same price, also is it worth it??

wish they had buy 2 get one with these cause then i'd scoop up mass effect with them![/QUOTE]

I thought AC got a little repetitive a little too fast. Thats probably best as a rent.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Was in Wal-Mart today and noticed Assassin's Creed and FC2 are now on their island rack of games for 19.96. Both games are around 28-30 at most online/B&M stores.[/QUOTE]

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181123&highlight=wal-mart+YMMV

No need to thank me.

images

bread's done
Back