Wal-Mart Has Changed

[quote name='botticus']If most people in St. Johns are like my grandpa (which I think they are), I'm not surprised a Walmart couldn't survive there. No interest in a big superstore.[/QUOTE]

I edited my post. The original store is vacant the new super Walmart is doing pretty well from my understanding at it has caused all sorts of new business commerce in the area as well as competing companies to come in.

[quote name='Snake2715']I edited my post. The original store is vacant the new super Walmart is doing pretty well from my understanding at it has caused all sorts of new business commerce in the area as well as competing companies to come in.[/QUOTE]
Interesting.

I just hate Walmart because it causes the worst traffic patterns at the intersection by my apartment. But at the same time I go there for quick-hit shopping trips (when it's something I can't easily get at Target next door to my apartment) since it's twice as close as the next grocery store. I blame Walmart and the city planners for that one, though.

It sure was fun sitting in line at the "FastLane" self-checkout for 20 minutes last night (and every night) when three consecutive people paid by check. Yay! At least I've trained myself to stop going there just for the few cent savings. Target is so very much worth the extra cost.

[quote name='gizmogc']I'm so not going to get into this with you. But nearly everything you said is simply an opinion. Every Target employee will brushyou off, while every Wal-Mart will help you? BS. Every Wal-Mart I have ever been in seems to higher only peole who speak little to no English and I would have to ask numerous employees to get one to actually help me. WTF is wrong with this country if I can't get an employee to speak ENGLISH in a store in AMERICA?[/QUOTE]

We have more old people working at Wal-Mart here than foreigners...

bread's done
Back