The Day The Earth Stood Still
Shock Treatment
Friday The 13th 1-8
Texas Chainsaw massacre 2
Edward Scissorhands
Bringing out the Dead
The Fog
The Dead Zone

There was about 20 more but I can't remember them but the prices were too good to pass up.

I know at least 2 other movies in the Halloween DVD area. These were both $5 too of course.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Broken Lizard's Club Dread

Here’s what my Wal Mart has...

Friday the 13th 1-8
Edward Scissorhands
Bringing out the Dead
The Fog
Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2
The Dead Zone
The Day the Earth Stood Still
Lifeboat
A few Killer Tomatoes sequels
The Omen 1-3
The Ring 1-2
The Order
Breeders
House of the Damned
Silver Bullet
The Haunting
Pet Sematary II
Shock Treatment
Club Dread
Rosemary's Baby
Alligator People
Legend of Hell House
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
...and a few others I can’t really remember

Oh, and just a heads up...The "Edward Scissorhands" DVD is the most recent 15th anniversary edition, but a bunch of copies at my store had the 10th anniversary edition behind the slipcase. I had to go through a few just to find the newer version. So check behind those slipcases, people!

[quote name='bigdaddy']Halloween a month early is fine, Christmas on September 18th at Lowes is not![/quote]

LMAO, try working there...

I'm surprised at how early they put stuff out

[quote name='duderanch']Oh, and just a heads up...The "Edward Scissorhands" DVD is the most recent 15th anniversary edition, but a bunch of copies at my store had the 10th anniversary edition behind the slipcase. I had to go through a few just to find the newer version. So check behind those slipcases, people![/QUOTE]

Is there any difference between the 10-year and 15-year anniversary editions? I have the 10-year edition.

Edit: Looked it up; the only difference is that the 15-year anniversary edition comes in a tin-case and has some photos. I'm fine with my copy.

If I can find the Evil Dead movies I'll get 1 and 2.

Otherwise I'll grab Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2. Sure it wasn't very good, but I'll get it just to have it since it's only $5.

[quote name='MrDubbs']LMAO, try working there...

I'm surprised at how early they put stuff out[/quote]

Completely off topic again....

Are people buying stuff already?!?!

[quote name='bigdaddy']Completely off topic again....

Are people buying stuff already?!?![/quote]
I haven't had anyone bring stuff up yet, I only work the weekends now, since I have class during the week. But we'll most likely sell out before November starts

The Day The Earth Stood Still, really?

Because nothing screams Halloween like The Day the Earth Stood Still.

[quote name='kaptinmorgan']pretty good deals, gotta get edward scissorhands for sure, and even though it sucked, possibly the ring 2 as well.[/QUOTE]

Why get it if you think it sucked? That is puzzling.

Some alright deals. If they have Evil Dead 1 or Army of Darkness I'll bite.

Best Buy had a pretty decent halloween deal last year, maybe they'll have a good one this year.

Nabbed Edward Scissors Hands, Club Dread and Shock Treatment at 5 each, they had Evil Dead 1 and 2 aswell as Army of Darkness with the cover of Ash holding up the boomstick, for 7.50 each. I was tempted to get the Army of Darkness to have another copy but I've got the books of each Evil Dead.

[quote name='georox']Nabbed Edward Scissors Hands, Club Dread and Shock Treatment at 5 each, they had Evil Dead 1 and 2 aswell as Army of Darkness with the cover of Ash holding up the boomstick, for 7.50 each. I was tempted to get the Army of Darkness to have another copy but I've got the books of each Evil Dead.[/quote]

Isn't that version of Army Of Darkness Out of Print?

No idea, I've got a different cover on mine is all I knew and I got mine years back at a Walmart. I may end up buying it some other visit there just because I'm a big Bruce Campbell fan.

Picked up the following

Evil Dead 1-2
Friday the 13th 2-4
Horrorfest Dark Ride

I'll be back for the rest of the friday the 13th movies. Though I wish they would stock nightmare on elm street. And for the life of me, they had Candyman, but pulled it off their shelves the next day.

last year they had all the nightmare movies cept for maybe the first one. Although if you are planning on picking all 7 nightmares up, buy the box set on deepdiscount.com I ordered it there and payed around 30-35 plus u get a bonus disc, box, and 3D glasses.

Did you see any of the other horrorfest (8 films to die for) there?

I saw Dark Ride and Wicked little things. They were both 7.50 each. I also saw the original Candyman bundled with another movie for 11.88 or something along that range. Though they seem to have pulled that.

[quote name='acdcrocks1980']yea i was wondering the same for TCM2, hopefully the new 2-disc edition.[/QUOTE]

Also wondering what version of TCM2 is on sale, since I want to upgrade from the old disc.

The new TCM2 release isn't a 2 disc-er. It's supposed to be a lot better in the PQ department than the old disc though.

**(For anyone looking, the old disc has Dennis Hopper on the cover. The new disc has a white background with a chainsaw in the front)**

[quote name='projecteightysix']i picked up silver bullet wooooooo.[/QUOTE]

Awesome choice. That's been one of my favorite horror movies for years and years now. Gary Busey as an irresponsible uncle of a physically handicapped kid is just too awesome a concept to pass up. Forget the werewolf angle and the Stephen King story...they could have made the whole movie based around just Busey, the kid, and the disapproving parents and I'd have been entertained. :D

[quote name='mattyp33']it's the old disc with Hopper on the cover...[/quote]
Yeah, saw it when I went to look today. They had them sectioned off in the regular dvd aisle with a "Happy Halloween" banner next to them.

For the person asking about The Ring Two, it's the full screen rated version.

Didn't see any of the Evil Dead movies though.

[quote name='Deefuzz']The Day The Earth Stood Still, really?

Because nothing screams Halloween like The Day the Earth Stood Still.[/QUOTE]

Not really Halloween, but an awesome movie for sure...

RD

my walmart had none of the evil dead series, but I ended up picking up World Trade Center (2-disc), Dickie Roberts: Former Child Star, and Bad News Bears (remake) for 3.98 each

my walmart ran out of the first set of movies in a matter of a couple days but have a new display set up

they were still unpacking when i had to leave for work but i picked up
Jaccobs Ladder SE
Leprechuan series
Wishmaster 1/2

they had another 9-10 others unpacked but i forgot what they were.

There's also House of a 1000 corpses for five dollars. I also saw House of the Dead for five dollars.

i saw they now have dr. giggles for 10 bucks, that's awesome, i loved that movie when i was little, and i was waiting for it to finally come out on dvd.

Was that Wishmaster 1/2 DVD $5 as well or a bit more pricey like the Halloween II/III thing?

I would also like to note (unless I missed it) my local Wal-mart had Chucky The Killer Collection for $13.xx and Beetlejuice and The Rocky Horror Picture Show for $7.50 each. I picked up Chucky though I want to get Beetlejuice, especially now that it (along with Goonies and bunches of other Warner releases) has been re-released in a normal DVD case not that stupid snapper kind.

Not that this is really on topic but anyone know of any deals on Black Sheep (the new comedy/horror one...)

I have wanted the Leprechuan Series for some time now. I really liked the first one. I could do with out the Leprchuan in the Hood movies. Also want to check out Wishmaster. Might have to go up to Walmart some time this week.

EDIT: Is their anything different with Wishmaster 1/2 dvd then the Wishmaster and Wishmaster 2 dvds? If both are just the movies then I will get what ever ones they have but if one has something extra depending one what it is I might want to pick that up instead. To bad they didn't make a box set.

[quote name='terrycloth']my walmart ran out of the first set of movies in a matter of a couple days but have a new display set up

they were still unpacking when i had to leave for work but i picked up
Jaccobs Ladder SE
Leprechuan series
Wishmaster 1/2

they had another 9-10 others unpacked but i forgot what they were.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='doubledown']Why get it if you think it sucked? That is puzzling.[/quote]

for that price, why the hell not, i buy a lot of movies on a whim, it didn't uber suck, but it wasn't that great, i figure just to beef up the collection a bit.

I went to my local Walmart today to get the Wishmaster DVDs only to find out they didn't have them. Not only did they not have Wishmaster but they had no horror DVDs marked at 5 bucks. All were normal full price of 10 or 20. Nothing that any one has listed was even there. I looked at every place they had DVDs in the store. Nothing was set up saying any thing about this deal. So for me this seems to be a YMMV deal.

picked up critters for 5 bucks, but it was on sale at this price, usually its 7.50, got it yesterday, deal probably lasts til saturday

bread's done
Back