Wal-Mart launch details. Better get there early.

mick16

CAGiversary!
I just went up to Wal-Mart asking about the midnight launch details and it sounds like you better get there early, especially if you want a premium system.

The store I went to only received 15 units and of those only 2 (yes two) are premium units. Obviously allocation is YMMV, so call ahead to your store if you want specifics.

There were already 7 people lined up at the store I went to around 3:00 EST. The guy in the electronics section told me that they had a numbered pull tab system (like at the supermarket deli) in the layaway section and would start giving out numbers at 10PM. Then at midnight, they would start calling pull tab numbers and when (or if) your number is called, you go up to the layaway counter to buy your Xbox 360.

Basically it sounded like if you aren't one of the first 15 people in line then you won't get one at all and only the first 2 people in line are guaranteed to get a premium system.

I just called my wal-mart and they said they already had too many people. They said people got there at 11 this morning.

bread's done
Back