Wal-Mart sends me letter saying they didn't charge me for stuff

Dokstarr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
I was wondering if anyone has had to deal with this before.

My credit card works fine and I ordered tons of other stuff with them since then.

For the record it was a PS4 Bundle. I ordered two ps4s and an xbox one and got them all, but now suddenly this letter popped up.

I don't understand why they would send me something without charging me.

I also have already returned all the extras from the bundles to Walmart in person.

Going through my credit card is a big hassle. I have so many charges and returns on there right now I can't tell what is what. A combination from ordering normal stuff, ps4s, xbones, returns, and then that cluster mess from two weeks ago where I ordered a ton of stuff. All of it cancelled. Some before charging, some after, etc. etc. etc.

Also - since Walmart sends things separately, don't they usually charge piece by piece.

Does Walmart ever make errors like this? I'm going to see if they can send me by mail a copy of everything I've bought from them so far and it itemized.

I like how they are treating me like a shoplifter for their mistake. Bleh.

I don't know what you're saying here. You mean they sent you a PS4 and didnt charge you for it, and now they've sent a letter demanding you pay? If that's not what you're saying please explain the situation better.

I have had this happen to me twice before (once in '08 when Brawl came out and once in '11 for some other game). It's actually surprisingly common with Walmart's website for some reason. Both times were game preorders for me and I swear they charged me both times, but they said they never received payment and were constantly harassing me about a month and a half after the games had come out so I just paid to get them to leave me alone. 

Yep that is what I mean.

They say I never paid them. The letter states that could happen for multiple reasons (and then indicates that it was likely my fault due to having a bad credit card or other nonsense).

I'm going to have to spend a few hours now going over my credit card statements trying  to piece together everything from Walmart from the last few months.

The new consoles (and the bundled crap items I returned), a few things I bought, and all the orders I made (and then were cancelled) on that big glitch a few weeks ago. They want me to go sign up at some site to pay that they use for shoplifters and other thieves. Bah - what a bunch.

Yep that is what I mean.

They say I never paid them. The letter states that could happen for multiple reasons (and then indicates that it was likely my fault due to having a bad credit card or other nonsense).

I'm going to have to spend a few hours now going over my credit card statements trying to piece together everything from Walmart from the last few months.

The new consoles (and the bundled crap items I returned), a few things I bought, and all the orders I made (and then were cancelled) on that big glitch a few weeks ago. They want me to go sign up at some site to pay that they use for shoplifters and other thieves. Bah - what a bunch.
so they didnt charge you and want you to pay through a ccollection agency now?

fuck. That.

Lmao, yet another great reason to never shop at Walmart.  It almost sounded like a scam until someone else chimed in that it's legit.  fucking wow.

Should just call your credit card company just to see if they did.  They should be able to bring up any transaction that Wal-mart ran through your card.

If it turns out they did charge for them, notify the CC company that you got harassing letter from Wal-mart demanding a repeat payment.  They should be able to tell Wal-Mart that they're not getting anymore money and to drop it.

A complaint to the BBB would also help too.

Last edited by a moderator:
wowwww. Go to your local news with this, if you in fact were charged for the item. The only way these big companies respond to anything is to get mainstream media attention. 

It sounds like a pain in the ass but they are happy to run with stories like this, especially during holiday shopping season. Here they were running a story about how wal-mart's overflow customer service calls were being accidentally routed to a local spa/massage business and they couldn't even use their phones for some time.

http://fox6now.com/2013/11/30/day-spa-receives-hundreds-of-calls-from-angry-wal-mart-customers/

I've got a kinda sorta related story.

I got my carpet cleaned through a local company and paid by debit, which involved the guy calling his office with the card information because he didn't have anything with which to process on the spot. I could swear I saw the charge post correctly. Then a couple months later, I got a letter notifying me of an outstanding balance for the same amount. When I went back into my account for that period, I couldn't find the charge listed anywhere.

I paid again, but I was pretty pissed about it because I did everything in compliance the first time, they waited forever to tell me there was a problem, and by then I no longer had the money set aside for it. Never did figure out exactly what happened.

I would think that someone who buys/returns a lot of stuff on cards would be the type of person to keep better records of their finances. If they really do/did send collection agencies against you, I would definitely get this cleared up. At the very least, you CC company should have those records since it's only been a month since the PS4/X1s were shipped out.

Last edited by a moderator:
So basically they didn't get the money? Isn't there a way you can say "well take the money out then" and keep everything you rightfully purchased? I never dealt with this, but I know it would irritate me a ton. 

bread's done
Back