Wal-Mart will accept Video Game Trade-Ins starting March 26

This is bound to happen when a company starts trade ins... I lost count of how many Assassins Creed II and LittleBigPlanet games I traded to Best Buy when they started up... That lasted for well over a week...

Walmart and Amazon don't like each other, so no.

Ever since the Kindle deal went sour, Walmart hasn't carried a single Amazon product.
Obviously, I can't speak for any Wal-Mart that's outside of my State. However, the ones that I have been to that are in my city, and outside of it. Still carry Amazon Gift Cards in the same corresponding amounts $25, $50, etc. Even my local Wal-Mart still carries them.

Last edited by a moderator:
45 pages on a thread with nothing informative and the program hasn't even started yet. 

I'll contribute something useful: taco bell breakfast starts in 3 days. 

45 pages on a thread with nothing informative and the program hasn't even started yet.

You should change your posts-per-page setting to 100 to cut down on "page-turning". 5 pages doesn't sound as bad as 45. ;)

You should change your posts-per-page setting to 100 to cut down on "page-turning". 5 pages doesn't sound as bad as 45. ;)
You can do that now? I thought once they switched over to 3.0 they capped the posts per page at 30.

If true this is the most helpful thing I've read on here in awhile. 100 posts per page and no signatures make browsing the site much more enjoyable

I don't think manuals will need to be included the biggest reason is most games these days don't include paper manuals anymore.
I miss the huge manuals that used to come with games. Now IF you get a manual it's like 4 pages from front to back with nothing but warnings in it.

You can do that now? I thought once they switched over to 3.0 they capped the posts per page at 30.

If true this is the most helpful thing I've read on here in awhile. 100 posts per page and no signatures make browsing the site much more enjoyable
Holy crap. Thank you.
That page thing is new. I set it to max posts when they switched to 3.0 and this thread says 10 pages for me. Good to know!
Happy to help, guys. :cool:

The page thing is new but I wanna go back to 30 per page! I'm stuck at 25 now, 30 was the sweet spot.

On topic, I personally hope this works well. GS is the only local option for trade-in (BB is an hour from my work) so having Walmart as an option too will be a good thing.

My body is ready:

Toilet_with_flush_water_tank.jpg

Well, i just shipped out my Ni No Kuni..... we'll see how this turns out.

I'm willing to risk it since i wasn't playing my Ni No Kuni anyways and only paid $15 for it back during Black friday.

I got a "friendly reminder" email from them stating they haven't received my trade order submitted on Friday and it has to be postmarked in 7 days to receive the quoted value. How is it even possible they would receive the order 72 hours after it was submitted using FedEx ground and it being a weekend.

I got a "friendly reminder" email from them stating they haven't received my trade order submitted on Friday and it has to be postmarked in 7 days to receive the quoted value. How is it even possible they would receive the order 72 hours after it was submitted using FedEx ground and it being a weekend.
Unless you live in the same state or in one of the neighboring states, I don't know how it's possible to get it there within 3 days via FedEx Ground even if you mailed it on a Monday. :???:

Min

Mine says "postmarked" within 7 days of submittion, not delivered. Is everyonegetting the same email?

Min

Mine says "postmarked" within 7 days of submittion, not delivered. Is everyonegetting the same email?
Mine say the same thing, though I believe there's a phrase somewhere that says trade-ins must be "received within 10 days". I'm more inclined to believe "postmarked within 7 days", but who knows which is true? :roll:

also keep in mind after they receive the item it can take between 2 to 4 weeks to receive payment for the trade in. but since the program just starting I can imagine it taking longer in the beginning of the program

I just called the Cexchange website through phone, they just said that the item needs to be postmarked within 7 days of your trade in acceptance. They also said that the quoted value you got will be what they will value it if it meets their criteria (e.g. working and in original case).  Makes me want to send in my Ni No Kunis now lol

wow here a review I thought was kind of interesting about cechange from earlier this month:

03/03/2014

Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details
X

Additional Notes
Complaint Category: Sales presentation not consistent with the written agreement

Complaint: They offered to purchase my used smartphone and charger for $77.88 for "like new" condition. They changed the offer without notification and approval.
cexchange.com offered me $77.88 for my phone in these specific conditions:

"In order to qualify for LIKE NEW AS IF NEVER USED condition, the following must be true:

* Item must look brand new: No signs of use, scratches, or marks. See photo for example.
* Item has original packaging and accessories.
* Item is completely functional, including:

All keys work.
Device powers on.
Liquid damage indicator is not discolored.
A PIN code is not required to access or operate the device.
Display is working with no cracks."

My device met all of these requirements when shipped to them. They tell me they issued a counter-offer of which I never received by email, phone or u.s. mail (in the amount of $7.79) and since I didn't respond to this "new counter-offer" in 7 days, they took that as my acceptance of the new offer. Their reason was for a "swelled battery" and the phone "didn't power on". Upon calling their customer service, the lady said "there was nothing she could do" and "it was too late. It was an agreement I made as per their contract". I explained I never accepted an offer for $7.79 and would like my phone and charger simply sent back to me. She again said it was too late and suggested I call a "***" in her department and that *** would call me back on Monday. I'm expecting her call, but am filing this complaint in the event it is needed.

Hopefully there isn't an issue with the games like that since it wasn't that specific about condition. I guess it's like Amazon where people have issues more with consoles and accessories not being accepted or downgraded compared to games where there are less problems.

Hopefully there isn't an issue with the games like that since it wasn't that specific about condition. I guess it's like Amazon where people have issues more with consoles and accessories not being accepted or downgraded compared to games where there are less problems.
That's my hope, too. :pray:

This is 1 of those times where I wished I lived in the Midwest or west coast because I know it's gonna take awhile to get to Texas from New York. I'm used to being spoiled by Amazon getting my items in 2 days.

wow here a review I thought was kind of interesting about cechange from earlier this month:
Wow that's so sketchy. If they take weeks to complete your order and then change the prices without letting you know and refuse to return your items, then I feel like this trade-in program will screw you over.

I wouldn't ship anything in until this company seems reputable on how they run things.

Game prices tanked again for many games. My expectations for this program are starting to dwindle. I think they may have the highest TIV on GTA 5 though at $29.40.

Wow that's so sketchy. If they take weeks to complete your order and then change the prices without letting you know and refuse to return your items, then I feel like this trade-in program will screw you over.

I wouldn't ship anything in until this company seems reputable on how they run things.
By that time, it'll be too late and everything will be worth a maximum of $1. :wall:

Game prices tanked again for many games. My expectations for this program are starting to dwindle. I think they may have the highest TIV on GTA 5 though at $29.40.
Yup. COD Ghosts PS3 fell to 20.10. Much lower than 30.80. There are now zero good deals from this place. I just wan them to give me my money so I can be done with them forever.

Great news!  I just got paid for my two PS4's that I sent and they had received yesterday.  $375 each, as quoted.  That is surprisingly quick evaluation time especially considering it's a system.  Just like Best Buy they include a link in the email that will take you to your egift card.

Great news! I just got paid for my two PS4's that I sent and they had received yesterday. $375 each, as quoted. That is surprisingly quick evaluation time especially considering it's a system. Just like Best Buy they include a link in the email that will take you to your egift card.
Such bravery. Mark that off as a good deed for the month. O:)

I just want to send out something tomorrow but no good TIVs. Looks like Walmart got smart and nuked most of the TIV before in store trades start. Let's hope for some good values in the future though.

Let's be realistic. No one here said, "no, I'll keep my copy of Ni no Kuni". For me, trade in's are simply a money maker for Amazon (where I trade in the most). I rather keep all my games but if I see a great TIV and can get the game / item for cheap, I'll buy it than trade it in. Just as the store is going to give customers $2 for a game and sell it back for $30. It's all a game / strategy on both parties.
Im the one that posted about ni no kuni and i can honestly say i never had any intentions of trading it in. I did think about getting an extra copy and trading that in, but then i thought its not worth the possible back peddling walmart will probably do once they get spammed with this games.

Great news! I just got paid for my two PS4's that I sent and they had received yesterday. $375 each, as quoted. That is surprisingly quick evaluation time especially considering it's a system. Just like Best Buy they include a link in the email that will take you to your egift card.
How exactly did you package the item? the instruction is confusing.

I added 2 Ni No Kuni's, and was LOOKING at Black Flag on Wii U TIV, and apparently it added it to my cart and in with the final order confirmation. Can I just cross it off and say that it was an accident and that I didn't add it, yet still ship the NNK's?

Sooo... Starts 3/26. As in midnight or 8am-ish? Does customer service close? I just have a bad feeling these trades are going to go way slower than BB trades.

Any Wal-Mart employees have the scoop on how this will go down? I hope they don't have to use a version of the online submit. Super slow but I assume that's how it will go.

Sooo... Starts 3/26. As in midnight or 8am-ish? Does customer service close? I just have a bad feeling these trades are going to go way slower than BB trades.

Any Wal-Mart employees have the scoop on how this will go down? I hope they don't have to use a version of the online submit. Super slow but I assume that's how it will go.
it has to be done at customer service and they don't open until I think 9am and open til 10pm I could be wrong though

Gutsy move. Thanks for the update. I finally got around to sending off my 2 NNKs from Best Buy. I figure even if they re-evaluate them and give me $10 a piece the possible reward outweighs the risk (especially since I'm only gambling with store credit and not real money).

bread's done
Back