Waldenbooks/Borders - Borders Reward Members 40% off any DVD Box Set B&M 9/17-9/18

Hmmm, phrases such as "limited quantities per store" and "while supplies last" lead me towards thinking it may not be as awesome as it sounds. The coupon says you can join up for the Rewards membership (free) and partake.

Maybe worth a look. Thanks OP

Heads up to you folks interested, this deal for 40% off is off the MSRP...NOT the price in store. So as an example a box set may be $59.99 MSRP. Borders normally sells it for $39.99. 40% off of the MSRP would make it $36 or so. Just wanting to give some insight!

I got the e-mail too with the same link, so it's not a coupon tied into any Rewards account.

Also, Borders store prices for DVDs are practically MSRP. What Borders do you shop at? :)

[quote name='hiamiyumi']I think I'll get Planet Earth: The Complete Collection HD-DVD for $48+tax[/QUOTE]

I think retail price on that is $99.99, which I suspect will also be the in-store price. So, it'll probably be $60+tax with the coupon...

So this coupon is a joke? Who the hell would ever think to make a coupon for the MSRP and not the price that they have in the store? Only Borders.

[quote name='bigdaddy']So this coupon is a joke? Who the hell would ever think to make a coupon for the MSRP and not the price that they have in the store? Only Borders.[/QUOTE]http://www.rightstuf.com/

If the sale price is ever more than 20% percent off, then it's off the MSRP. If it's 20% off or less, then it's off their regular price.

Ticks me off, because their prices are so high to begin with, when they finally have a sale price that's worth anything, it's always off MSRP which makes it practically equal to places like DeepDiscount, and then, really, what's the point?

[quote name='SmallWorld']It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia S1/2 for $24 isn't bad. $28 on Amazon/DDD[/quote]

You could get it at DD for $22.50ish when they have their sale in a couple months.

bread's done
Back