CAGiversary!
Feedback
130 (100%)
Some I remember:
Batman
Batman Returns
Scott Pilgrim
Serenity

Picture includes more if it's visible. $12.99 each.

Dy5YyYY.jpg

Anyone else see these? I may stop by WalMart on the way home. $12.99 is a little high though. But if no one else carries them I may bite.

A good chunk of these were exclusive to Best Buy for a good while especially most of the Warner titles. The Universal ones on the top row to be honest look pretty freaking sweet. Very stylish looking.

I already have Batman Begins and Dark Knight steels, but man those look nice. Heck, a LOT of those are... I see how easily people get sucked into these.

This has already been discussed in the Steelbook thread.

FYI Very few Walmarts have these. I know of a total of 2 stores in the Twin Cities Metro area that actually have them...

[quote name='Hiro0015']This has already been discussed in the Steelbook thread.

FYI Very few Walmarts have these. I know of a total of 2 stores in the Twin Cities Metro area that actually have them...[/QUOTE]

Just noticed the OP is from MI. What store were these at OP?

[quote name='Hiro0015']This has already been discussed in the Steelbook thread.

FYI Very few Walmarts have these. I know of a total of 2 stores in the Twin Cities Metro area that actually have them...[/QUOTE]

Which two? I've been to the Maple Grove and Bloomington ones, they had nothing. Thinking about trying the new one at Brookdale.

They had these at the Bay City MI store but I passed up on buying them for now. I dint like the color of the comic style cases, they look plastic...but well aren't. I ended up getting some $14.99 tv show sets instead. Big display of those too.

[quote name='kitsunisan']Which two? I've been to the Maple Grove and Bloomington ones, they had nothing. Thinking about trying the new one at Brookdale.[/QUOTE]

Apple Valley and Monticello... I hit up Blaine, Coon Rapids, & Fridley and they had nothing last Tuesday. Another guy on Blu-ray.com checked most of the lower metro stores... I don't understand their logic.

[quote name='Hiro0015']Apple Valley and Monticello... I hit up Blaine, Coon Rapids, & Fridley and they had nothing last Tuesday. Another guy on Blu-ray.com checked most of the lower metro stores... I don't understand their logic.[/QUOTE]

Oof, can't justify driving 30 miles for these things. Still, someone mentioned in this thread that his Walmart put these out last Tuesday, so I may go ahead and hit Maple Grove again today.

I live in a small town in Southern California (Imperial County) and my WalMart has had them for at least a week. Picked up like 8 last weekend.

Noticed V For Vendetta was $15 instead of $13 like the other ones. Weird.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Just noticed the OP is from MI. What store were these at OP?[/QUOTE]

Monroe, the land of never getting good stuff. No $5 blu display here and they haven't restocked half of the store since Christmas. :/

No pixars.

Amazon has Batman and Returns steelbooks for $12.96 each (free shipping with Prime, of course). I'm not a steelbook collector, but I was looking at picking up those two Blu's.

Southern California CAGs, I've seen many of these at the Cerritos and La Habra Walmarts, so they may be at others nearby.

In Albuquerque ,I saw These at the Zuni and San Mateo store yesterday. Looked like all but scarface were in stock. I really want the universal comic style covers but don't want to double( or triple dip) in a couple of cases on movies I own already.

Picked up 6 couple weeks ago. They are mix of Steelbooks and Metalpaks. WB/Universal are steelbooks and Paramounts are Metalpaks.....from what I saw and purchased.

[quote name='Gosha']I think the comic book ones are the best deal. Most are Bluray/DVD/Digital Copy/Ultraviolet.[/QUOTE]

Anyone with an actual list of combo steelbooks? (DC discs don't count). I hate packaging that don't really tell you how many physical discs are there. (Feels more bang for your buck)

Can anyone who's bought one let me/us know if they include Digital versions? Amazon wasn't forthcoming about it on the non-Universal ones, so I'm not optimistic...

FLOL wtf? So much for those being Best Buy exclusives. BTW, what are those ones in the top row - they look like DVD cases but in white. Are those also some sort of steelbook/steelcases?

[quote name='Dawg Pound']Steelbooks on the top row.[/QUOTE]

Wow, now I gotta go find these. Don't want to have to drive to Cerritos/La Habra for the ones I'm missing; hopefully the ghetto Walmart has them in stock.

[quote name='cagfansub']That's strange. How come no Transformer 2 - Revenge of Fallen steelbook?[/QUOTE]

For whatever reason, the only ROTF custom steelbooks were DVD only. There was a Steelbook of the single-disc cover (Optimus against the sunset), but it never reached wide circulation overseas. The two current steels are based on the worldwide versions, though TF had a silver border and DOTM came with the DVD Version.

I ran into walmart to PM Barnes and Noble LOTR deal but I didn't see the steelbooks, are the steelbooks YMMV instore? Also does anyone know if the Walmart LOTR Steelbooks have inside art or are they like the BBY ones?

[quote name='lokie56']I ran into walmart to PM Barnes and Noble LOTR deal but I didn't see the steelbooks, are the steelbooks YMMV? [/QUOTE]

Yes they are

[quote name='lokie56']I ran into walmart to PM Barnes and Noble LOTR deal but I didn't see the steelbooks, are the steelbooks YMMV instore? Also does anyone know if the Walmart LOTR Steelbooks have inside art or are they like the BBY ones?[/QUOTE]My local Walmart almost never has anything that is mentioned on here, but they do have all the steelbooks and metalpaks.

Well hopefully I can find it before saturday last day of BN sale, 9$ per LOTR steelbook would be an awesome PM in my mind.

Hm... Serenity and Scott Pilgrim steelbooks? Gotta hunt these down. Please have them in San Diego...

bread's done
Back