Walmart - $15 Blu-rays, 12+ to choose from *UPDATED*

WiiDSmoker

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (97%)
I was at Walmart today and noticed they had a special area for Blu-Rays on sale. They were selling like 12 or more movies for $15 even each.

Patriot Games
Predator
Daredevil
Four Brothers
The Hunt For Red October
Madagascar
Never Back Down
Top Gun
Shooter
Mission Impossible
Mission Impossible 2
Mission Impossible 3
Italian Job
Shrek 3
Next
Lucky # Slevin
Yellowstone
Grand Canyon

Last edited by a moderator:
Were they on a shipper/cart? I was at Walmart today and did see any of these titles with the rest of the blu-rays. Also any ideas on the other titles available?

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't buy Italian Job for $15, just pick up it with Shooter in a bundle for $22.99 at Bestbuy.

I do like how cheap the Mission Impossible Blu-rays are. Wonder if this is just YMMV?

[quote name='Frag Rev']I wouldn't buy Italian Job for $15, just pick up it with Shooter in a bundle for $22.99 at Bestbuy.

I do like how cheap the Mission Impossible Blu-rays are. Wonder if this is just YMMV?[/QUOTE]

sam club has it too

The Walmart in Cordova, TN has this deal as well. It's out in front of the electronics department, where they have the "island" of TVs on display that aren't with the ones on the shelves.

So which out of those have the best PQ? I usually like to pick up a Blu Ray that has the best picture quality If i already own the DVD.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Has tons of Blu-ray reviews

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/reviews_alpha.html

This is a link to various other blu-rays Walmart has on sale.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/catalog.gsp?cat=1028581&sb=79&sdir=sasc[/quote]

yes, I was going to mention highdefdigest.com. Just because they are cheap and on blu ray, doesn't mean it looks amazing. I have actually skipped quite a few BR's that where cheap because that site reported not so good things about the video. It's like it's better to stick with anyone made after 2003 for blu ray purchases :| Anything before that, stick with SD-DVD.

[quote name='ITDEFX']yes, I was going to mention highdefdigest.com. Just because they are cheap and on blu ray, doesn't mean it looks amazing. I have actually skipped quite a few BR's that where cheap because that site reported not so good things about the video. It's like it's better to stick with anyone made after 2003 for blu ray purchases :| Anything before that, stick with SD-DVD.[/quote]

I don't mean to be rude, but that is completely inaccurate. :(

[quote name='RyanFrost']I don't mean to be rude, but that is completely inaccurate. :([/quote]

Yes there is more to what I said... it does depend on how well the studio preserves the original film. If they preserve it well, and take it from the original source, do a bit of cleaning up, then yea it's gonna look great on BR.

I've noticed that too. A lot of old movies still look like crap, or they look like high def cheese. Maybe its personal preference, but Total recall looked sharper, but a lot worse on blu. I'm curious to see how Predator looks, since its a really good movie.

Madegascar and Shrek should look good though, too bad its only shrek 3.

Just don't get Robocop on Blu-Ray. I didn't have it on DVD, so I got the BR release for $10. Even on $10, I wasn't happy, because the transfer looks WORSE than VHS with grain, etc. :(

Because BR is one of those classic movies that had like major restoration work done to it over the years and I think it was in the national film archives along with Alien. Starship troopers looks pretty damn good for an 11 year old movie. I didn't even know Dizzy had a mark on her neck after the match with the drill Sargent in previous releases until I saw the blu ray. So much detail was brought out, damn.

I wonder how bad TRON or ET is gonna look when they hit BR.

bread's done
Back