Walmart : $9.50 Component Wii/360 & $14.50 PS3 HDMI

jchasse

CAGiversary!
Ok sure this is a YMMV and belongs in local deals as these were in the clearance section of the Charlottesville, VA Walmart.

The brand, "Psyclone Essentials", is probably crap (they had a ton) but...

Wii Component $9.50
360 Component $9.50
PS3 HDMI (1 meter) $14.50

CAG has been good to me in the past so if some fellow CAGers are interested, PM me and I can pick some extras up tommorow (Friday) and will try to ship out on Saturday (Monday at the latest).

TX!

Someone posted about finding those same Wii cables for $5. I posted in the thread asking him to pick me up 2 sets. No response. Oh wellz.

I might ask for a set. Thanks for the heads up good sir.

Multiple reports have confirmed the psyclone cables are fine... you don't really need monster cables or anything for the Wii because at the most you'll only be doing 480p.

These get the job done and are pretty cheap.

The Wal-Mart by me (Columbia, TN) also has these marked down except even the PS3 are $9.50. I passed it up when I saw them as I had already gotten the official Nintendo Component Cable. $20 off though so nice deal.

great buy if you can get them. imho, you'd have to set you microwave next to your tv/system to experience any interferance. monster is such a rip - like the overpriced optical cables ($50plus?????)......rip.

Guess I'll check Wal-mart today for this...was about to jump on the play-asia cables since they are a few more dollars and might be better quality. Not sure about how good these will work.

Anyone that has them that can comment?

i jsut got these for 20. um it still looks pretty bad. i ahve a 50 inch dlp..and now instead of fuzzy eveyrthing in zelda is jsut jagged. is that how its supposde to look?

[quote name='dchen5']i jsut got these for 20. um it still looks pretty bad. i ahve a 50 inch dlp..and now instead of fuzzy eveyrthing in zelda is jsut jagged. is that how its supposde to look?[/quote]

It should still look better. More jaggies is normal. Did you set the settings in the Wii preferences?

[quote name='dchen5']i jsut got these for 20. um it still looks pretty bad. i ahve a 50 inch dlp..and now instead of fuzzy eveyrthing in zelda is jsut jagged. is that how its supposde to look?[/QUOTE]

Yup, jaggies are more present do to a cleaner image and the polygon edges not being blurred.

720x480 is still a low resolution and no where near High Definition.

[quote name='dchen5']i jsut got these for 20. um it still looks pretty bad. i ahve a 50 inch dlp..and now instead of fuzzy eveyrthing in zelda is jsut jagged. is that how its supposde to look?[/quote] I'd suggest not using 16:9 in the Wii settings atm, it seems alot of the 16:9 in games is "Fake" and it created a ton of jaggies for me. Once I turned it off it was cut in half.

Everything looks great now (not with these cables but still)

[quote name='GTZ_NSR']I thought Wii only officially supported 4:3?[/QUOTE]

Not sure about that...for some odd reason, one of the big points on the back of Twilight Princess was being able to play the game in widescreen. :p

The only thing that seems disappointing to some is the fact that it only supports up to 480p, the same as the GC.

Then again, I don't know what the hell I'm talking about. :S

I have those cables...paid Under $20.00 at Walmart if I remember correctly?

They are decent and better than waiting for Nintendo to ship theirs.
I do also have the Jaggy Problem, but that's to be expected. Nice clean picture though. I would reccomend getting component if they are under $20. Anything over that and it's not that great a deal.

pretty descent retail b&m price for the hdmi cable. still, you can find it cheaper at monoprice. i cant believe best buy sells em for 100+ bucks.(taking advantage of folks that dont know any better, i guess)

I bought some no-names from Ebay on Dec 28th and got them on Jan 11th.
They were $10.99 shipped.
I don't have any other cables to compare them to, but these are nice and thick. They look like a good quailty cable. Zelda looks really nice.

this must definitely be YMMV.... i was at the Walmart on Elliot and Priest in Tempe,AZ and each set was 29.99 and up.

[quote name='petersen98374']I bought some no-names from Ebay on Dec 28th and got them on Jan 11th.
They were $10.99 shipped.
I don't have any other cables to compare them to, but these are nice and thick. They look like a good quailty cable. Zelda looks really nice.[/QUOTE]

I was just at Best Buy, and the React cables they had for $25, looked IDENTICAL to the ones I bought on Ebay.

[quote name='blazerock']this must definitely be YMMV.... i was at the Walmart on Elliot and Priest in Tempe,AZ and each set was 29.99 and up.[/quote]

I've also checked both super walmarts in Gilbert. none there they were all 29.99 u are correct.

I seriously think az didnt get this. no biggie tho.

[quote name='cheapassgamer1']I've also checked both super walmarts in Gilbert. none there they were all 29.99 u are correct.

I seriously think az didnt get this. no biggie tho.[/quote]

I just paid 19.99 yesterday for the Psyclone Wii cables at the Super Walmart by the Chandler airport.

bread's done
Back