Walmart ad 6/9-6/15

chatgirl4

Banned
$9.96 Select Blu-Ray Steel Books *titles shown and select others, over 50 to choose from*

*The Dark Knight, Book of Eli, 300, The Hangover Part II, Sherlock Holmes, Scarface, The Incredible Hulk shown*

Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters :br:+:dvd:+digital $19.96
Hansel & Gretel :dvd: $14.96

A Good Day to Die Hard :br:+:dvd:+digital $19.96

OZ the Great and Powerful :br:+:dvd:+digital (12.96 if you have the Scotts Coupon)
OZ the Great and Powerful :dvd: $16.96

Credit to bainbridge's_stache @ BR.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn...

I went crazy on their steelbooks a few weeks ago. I wonder if I could get $3 back on each one if I bring the receipts in.

[quote name='GBAstar']Damn...

I went crazy on their steelbooks a few weeks ago. I wonder if I could get $3 back on each one if I bring the receipts in.[/QUOTE]
They're movies so no, they won't give you a difference unless they're still sealed.

[quote name='Navex']They're movies so no, they won't give you a difference unless they're still sealed.[/QUOTE]

Can always rebuy return... although I think most are still sealed.

Finally decided to cave and pick up a few steelbooks 2 days ago, figures... Well I won't be opening them now and if this ad is nationwide I'll be returning them and rebuying them.

The only steelbooks I'm interested in are the comic-book-styled ones that are BR+DVD combo packs (specifically, Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz), and I doubt those are on sale for $9.99...

[quote name='Vigilante']The only steelbooks I'm interested in are the comic-book-styled ones that are BR+DVD combo packs (specifically, Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz), and I doubt those are on sale for $9.99...[/QUOTE]

If your walmart has them Im sure they will be on sale. Local Walmart by me doesnt carry all the comic style steels though. They didnt have Shaun of the Dead, Paul, Hot Fuzz, The Mummy, or Hulk.

My Walmart literally ran out of all there Steelbooks the comic book ones sod out within the first day. Will they restock them for this sale or I'm done?

[quote name='dchrisd']Over 50 to choose from?!? I thought there were maybe like 20 max. Anybody got a list[/QUOTE]

From fellow member neoz:

Universal Reel Heros Steelbooks

June 25, 2013

Big Lebowski
Chronicles of Riddick
Death Race
Doom
Hellboy II
Hot Fuzz
Hulk
Incredible Hulk
Mummy
Paul
Pitch Black
Scarface
Scott Pilgrim
Serenity
Shaun of the Dead
Van Helsing

WM Paramount Metalpaks

Deep Impact
Godfather
Hunt for Red October
Mission Imossible
Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol
Patriot Games
Saving Private Ryan
Transformers 1
Transformers 3
War of the Worlds

WB Steelbooks (reissues)

May 07,2013

Batman Begins (New Art)
Book of Eli
Dark Knight, The (New Art)
Clash of the Titans
Daparted, The
Goodfellas
Gran Torino
Green Lantern (New Art)
Hangover
Hangover Part II
Inception
The Last Samurai
Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
Matrix (10th Anniversary)
Shawshank Redemption, The
Sherlock Holmes
Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows
Sucker Punch
V for Vendetta
Wrath of the Titans

New WB/Paramount Steelbooks

May 07, 2013

Batman
Batman Returns
Braveheart (Paramount)
Chinatown (Paramount)
Face/Off
Gladiator (Paramount)
Heat
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
The Town
True Grit (1969)
Watchmen

Yeah. Different regions get different ad prices, this one being released in the midwest/southern area, so YMMV.

Damn...

I went crazy on their steelbooks a few weeks ago. I wonder if I could get $3 back on each one if I bring the receipts in.
Walmart's price adjustment policy is a bit screwy, like Target. The window to price adjust after purchase is really small, yet the return window is huge. So you can always just buy and return with the old receipt.

Nice.. but I'll wait for these steelbook to come to BestBuy and if they go on sale for $9.99 and during U&S, I'll get them for $5 each. :razz:

He is going to wait until Best Buy's Upgrade and Save event (which will probably be in August or September) and hope that not only will Best Buy still be carrying these Steelbooks, but that they will be on sale.

My local Best Buy had a lot of these steelbooks, but they were on sale for $14.99 from $19.99.  I think this Walmart sale is the best you are going to get for the most part.

Just got back from Walmart, but they didn't have any of the new steelbooks like Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead, so no dice for me. And the ones they did have weren't marked any differently so I don't even know if those were $10.

Just got back from Walmart, but they didn't have any of the new steelbooks like Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead, so no dice for me. And the ones they did have weren't marked any differently so I don't even know if those were $10.
Yea it's YMMV. (Regional)

My Walmart had all the steelbooks but they were 12.96 or something like that. Still might bite on some; or maybe wait for the lower price.

I got hulk and serenity. Serenity rung up regular price and I had to use the weekly ad for price adjustment. Hulk came up as sales price.

I tried to show a store their "local ad" that was online showing the price and how theres suppose to be over 50 to choose from. Theyre all marked 12.96. Some will ring up 12.96, and others 9.96.

Tried to get some "help" to figure whats what and how they wanna handle it and the dept manager wouldnt come talk about it so I just left.

Edit-

Found a Walmart and showed them the ad and the guy didnt call management and just said grab whatever steelbooks I wanted and he'll make sure its 9.96.

Yep.  Price doesn't apply to all steelbooks.  Just got back from WalMart.  Wanted like 5 steelbooks, and only 3 were $10.  Seems like, except for Hulk, the ones not on sale were the comic book style ones.  Asked the cashier about it and she pulled out the ad and didn't know why some weren't on sale either.  She was confused because the ad specifically mentions 50, but there's no indication of which 50 are on sale.  Comes off very misleading to me, but she was nice and I didn't feel like pushing it any further.  I'll just try again later.

bread's done
Back