Walmart Ad Apr. 9-15

Dogpatch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Xbox Platinum Hits Assortment - 9.88 - shows Shrek 2 and Spiderman 2

GBA - Nicktoons Unite! and Spongebob Squarepants the Movie (2 pack) - 29.92

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - 360 - 59.82

This was a very small ad in the mail. Says prices and items only in USA or check online. Shrek 2 and Spiderman 2 are not in the best of platinum series unless they were just added. Wonder if anything besides Shrek and Spidey would be $10?

[quote name='Dogpatch']Xbox Platinum Hits Assortment - 9.88 - shows Shrek 2 and Spiderman 2

GBA - Nicktoons Unite! and Spongebob Squarepants the Movie (2 pack) - 29.92

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - 360 - 59.82

This was a very small ad in the mail. Says prices and items only in USA or check online. Shrek 2 and Spiderman 2 are not in the best of platinum series unless they were just added. Wonder if anything besides Shrek and Spidey would be $10?[/QUOTE]

There was a part of the Merchandise Meeting Notes on the WIRE that I noticed today. They are sending down 10 million dollars worth of price changes for a new "videogame pricing strategy". Whatever the hell that is.

[quote name='DX']There was a part of the Merchandise Meeting Notes on the WIRE that I noticed today. They are sending down 10 million dollars worth of price changes for a new "videogame pricing strategy". Whatever the hell that is.[/QUOTE]
Not selling GBC games for full price two years after their release? ;)

Seriously, my Wal-Mart had Mario Tennis (GBC) and a few random N64 games well into the current console cycle. For all I know, they're still in some back corner of that godforsaken place...

[quote name='BasketCase1080']OP were there any DVD deals inside the Walmart Ad? Or was the Ad mostly games and other worthless junk.[/QUOTE]

The movies shown have no prices listed. The ad is only 4 pages.

King Kong
Harry Potter: The Goblet of Fire
Fun with Dick and Jane 4/11/06
The Chronicles of Narnia
Chicken Little
Pooh's Grand Adventure 4/11/06

Man, you know what would kick ass? A huge game clearance ala Circuit City of all the crap Walmart has in dumped in those big bins. It'd be a glorious day indeed.

The walmart nearest to me is clearing out a few games right now.

Stuff like:
Area 51 - Xbox - $14
Shrek 2 - Xbox - $10
Spiderman 2 - Xbox - $12
Funny the last two are close to the ad price.

Seems like a few of the older titles. Can not recall any others right off hand. Probably about 20-30 games that they are clearing out.

They had a walmart clearance like that a few years back here, every GBC game was like 10$ and they were all boxed copies not to mention some rare gems like harvest moon. I havent seen a game clearance from walmart since then though, other than the usual accessory clearance.

Yeah i recently walked into Walmart and came across a sealed Master quest bonus disk... They also have a lot of oldschool PS1 games.. Personally I think their buyers suck and dont keep them up to date on the prices.

[quote name='DX']There was a part of the Merchandise Meeting Notes on the WIRE that I noticed today. They are sending down 10 million dollars worth of price changes for a new "videogame pricing strategy". Whatever the hell that is.[/quote]
Their "videogame pricing strategy" is simple my dear boy! They knock off the $xx.99 and add $xx.82, WOW what a deal! :lol:

I can only hope that my Walmart does a clearance soon. They're not going to have a choice, at any rate. The area in the glass case below the GBA/DS games (even the GC games, for that matter) is just about full of loose random games stuffed in anyway they will fit.

Walmart is seriously out of touch with current video game trends and prices. I guess they don't need to try too hard though, as Walmoms will buy anything for the kiddies.

[quote name='r0xjo0']Walmart is seriously out of touch with current video game trends and prices. I guess they don't need to try too hard though, as Walmoms will buy anything for the kiddies.[/quote]
A more descriptive word would be 'Walrons' :lol:

[quote name='$hady']Their "videogame pricing strategy" is simple my dear boy! They knock off the $xx.99 and add $xx.82, WOW what a deal! :lol:[/QUOTE]

Nope. The ad clearly states $9.82.

[quote name='jetlag16']My Walmart is still trying to sell Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 for $50....no joke. AND for the N64.[/QUOTE]

that is sad.......funny but sad.

all greatest hits are gonna be 10 dollars? even the newer ones? or is this the 'greatest hits of greatest hits' crap old old games.

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']Not selling GBC games for full price two years after their release? ;)

Seriously, my Wal-Mart had Mario Tennis (GBC) and a few random N64 games well into the current console cycle. For all I know, they're still in some back corner of that godforsaken place...[/quote]i just bought dragon warrior iii for gbc for $30 yesterday from walmart

Reminds me that another Walmart near me still had Mario Paint for the SNES about 6 months ago. Still was $45 I think. :lol:

[quote name='$hady']Their "videogame pricing strategy" is simple my dear boy! They knock off the $xx.99 and add $xx.82, WOW what a deal! :lol:[/QUOTE]

then, all they did was knock off xx.17? wouldn't that have been so much easier to say, instead of subtraction and more addition, I mean I am only 10 over here playin gta! I mean damn, cut me some friggin slack! :)

Wal-Mart ads usually suck.

That being said, a Wal-Mart I went to recently decided to knock down a bunch of games to $15 (probably YMMV, but maybe part of their pricing strategy?).

Highlights included (at $15 each):
Kessen 3 (PS2)
Psychonauts (XB)
Advent Rising (XB)
Final Fantasy IV Advance
Fatal Frame 2 (XB)

[quote name='Dogpatch']Reminds me that another Walmart near me still had Mario Paint for the SNES about 6 months ago. Still was $45 I think. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Wow, N64 games are one thing, but how lucky do you have to get to find freaking SNES games!? :D

Anyone happen to stop by Walmart today and see exactly what games are 9.99? I checked the website, which said "available online", but it was the same old stuff they always had. I'd like to nab Lego Star Wars at some point.

I just stopped by my local Walmart today. Actually got up during the daytime to do it. Anyway, I go there and rummage through their bin. Above the bin was a sign that said all games were $19.82, though a few did have new stickers placed on them denoting a $14.82 or $9.82. However, I think the $9.82 only applies to the "Best of the Platinum Hits" games. The clerks were all busy with other customers and all the "check price" machines were broken so I'm not sure if I'm right or not. But I highly doubt they would meticulously place a single different price sticker.

Has anyone actually gotten price checks on any Platinum Hits game?

I stopped by after a job interview I had today, walked up with Lego Star Wars and tried the "price check" scanner. Said it was something like $19.82. So I walked over to the clerk and said "I've got a stupid question for you. The Flyer says "Platinum Hits Assortment..." and he cut me off and said "It's just Shrek 2 and Spider-Man 2". I said "okay, thanks" and placed it back. Nice "Assortment".

I guess I should have got it at TRU or Target last week instead of trusting the Walmart Flyer.

bread's done
Back