Walmart Anniversary deals - 9/28

Hoonose

CAGiversary!
Stolen from RFD, but it won't let me access the thread anymore, so I found this list on another deal site, http://www.forum.smartcanucks.ca/showthread.php?t=19181.

GAMING HARDWARE/GAMES

PS3 80GB (Limit 1 per customer)
Motor Storm game bundle
Blu-Ray Remote included
Item #510872
$549.83 (Save $110)

XBOX360 Bundle (Limit 1 per customer)
NHL2K8 + Forza2 Game Bundle (Well its in the pic)
Item #526658
$347.63 (Save $50)

PSP Hardware (Limit 1 per customer)
PSP, AC Adapter, Battery Pack
Item #527116 / 569812
$148.77 (Save $50)

Gameboy Advance (Limit 1 per customer)
Item #528575 / 528582 / 563257
$69.83 (Save $17.94)

NGC Platinum
Item #523034 / 569397
$69.83 (Save $28.10)

GAMES (PS3)

Resistance: Fall of Man
Item #535964
$39.83 (Save $20)

Rainbow Six Vegas
Item #593209
$45.86 (Save $22)

GAMES XBOX360

Call of Duty 3
Item #518213
$18.83 (Save $36)

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Item #540016
$18.93 (Save $8.93)

NHL 2K7
Item #533302
$18.93 (Save $14.55)

GAMES PSP

Sonic Rivals
Item #528063
$14.83 (Save $10)

Ratchet Clank Size Matters
Item #553982
$28.77 (Save $20)

GAMES NDS

Brain Age / Big Brain Academy / Brain Age 2
Item #563243 / 563250 / 599417
$14.93ea. (Save $5ea.)

Hannah Montana Music Jam
Item #510178
$19.77 (Save $5)

Harvest Moon DS
Item #587054
$24.83 (Save $13.80)

Pokemon Diamond / Pokemon Pearl
Item #560330 / 560337
$29.93 (Save $13.90)

GAMES PS2

NHL 2K7
Item #561040
$9.33 (Save $10)

God of War
Item #561040
$14.63 (Save $10)

GAMES GBA

Dogz
Item #542609
$18.93 (Save $18.90)

ASSORTED - $8.88 (See in-store selection for games)

GAMES XBOX

ASSORTED - $5.88 (See in-store selection for games)

GAMES COMPUTER

WOW Burning Crusade Expansion Set
Item #544819
$18.93 (Save $29.90)

GAMES WII

Sonic Secret Rings
Item #553240
$28.83 (Save $16)

Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz
Item #528071
$19.83 (Save $15)

Some other non gaming related deals on that page worth checking out. I'm picking up Pokemon Diamond or Pearl.

if those x360's had the new 65 chip for sure, i would definitly buy one. My box is fine but I could easily sell it for 350 (friends have mentioned wanting one for that price)

Hdmi is nice, but a new chip is nicer on top of that. I'll be kicking my ass. I'll wait for boxing day i guess, who knows.

72$ tiv for the games alone (36 for nhl and i believe 36 for forza) so if you want a newer game that came out at midnight, you'd get it free basically.

COD3 is good, be picking that up and checking out the 5$ games for sure. *Crosses fingers for psychonaughts*

[quote name='JnJosh']if those x360's had the new 65 chip for sure, i would definitly buy one. My box is fine but I could easily sell it for 350 (friends have mentioned wanting one for that price)

Hdmi is nice, but a new chip is nicer on top of that. I'll be kicking my ass. I'll wait for boxing day i guess, who knows.

72$ tiv for the games alone (36 for nhl and i believe 36 for forza) so if you want a newer game that came out at midnight, you'd get it free basically.

COD3 is good, be picking that up and checking out the 5$ games for sure. *Crosses fingers for psychonaughts*[/quote]

Are those TIVs at EB Games or Blockbuster Video? Or somewhere else? I didn't realize they'd be so high. I thought I'd heard that Forza started at $44 TIV at EB Games, but they got flooded with them after the bundle came out so it dropped to $20-ish... thanks for any further info on that!

Barto

if you see a good TIV posted it's for Blockbuster. If it's a really bad TIV it's from EB Games. That's a pretty reliable formula to go by.

[quote name='JnJosh']if those x360's had the new 65 chip for sure, i would definitly buy one. My box is fine but I could easily sell it for 350 (friends have mentioned wanting one for that price)

COD3 is good, be picking that up and checking out the 5$ games for sure. *Crosses fingers for psychonaughts*[/quote]

Then tell your friends so they can pick it up for $349 at Wal-Mart =P

[quote name='mrelusive']Hopefully those $6 Xbox games include Halo 1 & 2, but I guess that's pushing it.[/quote]

its the same old crap, these games should have a red 5.88 sticker on them.

Whats the TiV for Motorstorm? Thats a good deal on the PS3. I heard there were issues with playing PS1 and PS2 games on the 80GB's that weren't encountered on the 60GB system.

[quote name='Spiderine']Whats the TiV for Motorstorm? Thats a good deal on the PS3. I heard there were issues with playing PS1 and PS2 games on the 80GB's that weren't encountered on the 60GB system.[/quote]

I traded mine in for $21 or something like that a couple weeks back... :roll:

Anyways I could see some potential issues with backwards compatibility as the 80GB PS3s don't have the Emotion Engine chip built in like the 60GB PS3s.

I went to Walmart today and it looked like the store started the sale already on some products....nothing in the electronic section had been marked down yet, though. Just food, etc. But it might be different for other walmarts, I'm not sure.

Hey, does anyone know if Best Buy's price matching policy will work with the Walmart Anniversary sales?

My brother bought a 360 about 2 weeks ago (within their price guarantee time limit) at Best Buy. If he gets to BB early Saturday and they confirm Wal Mart still has 360's in stock will they honour the price match?

[quote name='TronB']I went to Walmart today and it looked like the store started the sale already on some products....nothing in the electronic section had been marked down yet, though. Just food, etc. But it might be different for other walmarts, I'm not sure.[/quote]
no same at my local store and i asked if they would be getting any 360's in other than the halo edition and i got a your guess is as good as mine (wtf is that? its a resonable question since they havent had any regular 360 forza bundles in stock for close to a month now)

oh and they told me the anniversary sale starts friday (they have signage indicating aniversay sale special on a cd/ dvd display) and in a few other spots in the store)

[quote name='Princess Zelda']RFD got a cease and decease letter :p
[/quote]

From whom, and on what grounds?

Is there a page on their site that elaborates on this?

[quote name='Caro']X360 bundle would be 312$ after pm at futureshop[/quote]

would futureshop match NHL 2k8 though?

Apparently it was for the 26th...in New Brunswick atleast. My friend went and got a 360, they gave him the same price anyway, he must've asked or something.

I lucked out last night I showed up at Walmart at 9PM and the sale in the electronics department had already started.

This is what I remember seeing:

Xbox games for $5.88
Spiderman 2
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Island Thunder
SSX: On Tour
The Nightmare Before Christmas: Oogie’s Revenge
Unreal Championship
True Crime: New York City

PS2 $8.88
Musashi: Samurai Legend
Battlefield 2: Modern Combat
True Crime: New York City

Gamecube $8.88
Maden 07
Viewtiful Joe
Viewtiful Joe 2
Nascar 0?

The GBA games were 100% Garbage!

Movies I picked up for 2/10 or $5
ET-Very Few Copies
Cinderella Man-20 or so
Schindler's List-20 or so

The Games/Movies were in thir own cardboard display unit not in a bin so it was easy to find titles. Some are hidden behind others.

The 18.86 bin was refreshed. I found the first Resident Evil GC game for $18.86.

Good Luck

[quote name='Princess Zelda']Xbox games for $5.88
Spiderman 2
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Island Thunder
SSX: On Tour
The Nightmare Before Christmas: Oogie’s Revenge
Unreal Championship
True Crime: New York City[/QUOTE]
:\ I'm guessing those are the more "notable" choices for $5.88? Very disappointing.

Yes, the most notable and memorable. The GBA stuff was worse though :p

I did buy Spierman 2 and Viewtiful Joe though. My son likes swinging around the city.

S-Wind here's a thread about the RFD Cease and decease. Link

What the simple facts are an employee posted some of the deals before the flyer went out. I think he posted it on Monday.

Will Walmart allow layaway on this PS3 sale, and hold the price? Do they let you layaway PS3s at all?

EDIT: Nevermind, when did Walmart stop doing layaway?

[quote name='mrelusive']:\ I'm guessing those are the more "notable" choices for $5.88? Very disappointing.[/quote]

And the most notable GBA titles were Boktai 2: Solar Boy Django and Klonoa 2: Dreamchamp Tournament. I picked up the former about a week ago and I highly doubt the latter exists in those bins anymore.

I picked up the ps3/motorstorm pack along with resistance.

Got the 5 blueray movies coupon (good until Sept 30th). Not sure which movies to pick... any recommendations?

Sale started today in most BC stores, couldn't believe the sweet deals, bought 5 games ranging from Wii, Xbox360, and PSP games. There were still lots of copies but some dude saw me buying games and saw the prices of the Wii games that he bought 2 Wii games, saying "For that price, can't go wrong with a Wii guy for the kids" I think I've done most of my Xmas shopping now for the year :D

[quote name='NolbertoS']Sale started today in most BC stores, couldn't believe the sweet deals, bought 5 games ranging from Wii, Xbox360, and PSP games. There were still lots of copies but some dude saw me buying games and saw the prices of the Wii games that he bought 2 Wii games, saying "For that price, can't go wrong with a Wii guy for the kids" I think I've done most of my Xmas shopping now for the year :D[/quote]

Was there stuff other that what's in the flyer?

[quote name='Firestorm']Was there stuff other that what's in the flyer?[/QUOTE]

not really, a few games other were advertised cheaply, but nothing spectacular. The same xbox games were selling cheaply, but honestly those xbox games were at that price over a month ago. I was tempted to buy a PS3, but decided to buy on in the USA, even after the conversion factor, it's still cheaper down south after taxes.

[quote name='Gold_guardian']Woot I picked up a 360 today and am loving it so far. I can't belive how much play you can get out of just the arcade demo's alone!!![/quote]

I got one too. The demo downloads are sweet. I also got Halo for 59.99 instead of 69.99 at Walmart. I wasn't expecting it to be on sale.

[quote name='magiic']looks like Im going to go buy a new xbox tomorrow mine finally packed it in for good tonight :mad:[/quote]
shitty deal that sucks...... buy a new one get the old one fixed free then sell the refurb you get..... maybe a good time to step up to elite with the video marketplace hitting canada this month. and if you have an HDMI port thats the way to go... HDMI cables alone sell for too much up here.... you seen future shops prices lately??? 310 bucks for a 12 foot. they can shove that up their asses!

now. time to rest for my halo lan today.

edit* i added you to my XBL friends list. maybe we can hit up some halo 3 or something when your back up.

[quote name='nonrandomhero']HDMI cables alone sell for too much up here.... you seen future shops prices lately??? 310 bucks for a 12 foot. they can shove that up their asses!
[/quote]
That is funny, Anyone that buys one of those Monster cables for $310 is either totally uninformed, completely brainwashed, or really rich! Digital = Digital. a $4 cable from monoprice will more or less be the EXACT same thing pq-wise as one of those fancy looking ones. They're paying for name + a fancy looking cable!:lol:

PS, monoprice also sells those same, thicker cables for around $15. Don't waste your money! (in fact, the cheapest HDMI cable Futureshop sells is the 360 one that comes with the audio dongle, for $59.99)

I bought a new HDTV in the spring the sales guy asked me if I had all the HD cables and accessories. I just said Monoprice.com. He didn't ask me another stupid question for the rest of the time I was in Future Shop. But he did comment he was making no money off of me which I saw as a badge of honor.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']I bought a new HDTV in the spring the sales guy asked me if I had all the HD cables and accessories. I just said Monoprice.com. He didn't ask me another stupid question for the rest of the time I was in Future Shop. But he did comment he was making no money off of me which I saw as a badge of honor.[/quote]

I love employees like that =D I do sometimes feel bad as they are on comission and it's not their fault that their company is horrible.

Anyway, engadget or someone did a test and monoprice cables had the same picture quality as monster cables except a SLIGHT difference at lengths of 25 feet or more.

just called FS in Langford and they said they would PM it and give the free game so hopefully I can go to Futureshop today lol

EDIT: well that was a bust, Futureshop was out of xbox 360's and so was walmart :(

Hmm, I didn't really find any games I cared to buy. But their DVDR deal was pretty sweet, $18 for a Memorex 100 spindle. Which identified as RICOHJPN R03, so it's not garbage media like you'd noramlly get on sale.

bread's done
Back