Walmart B&M 50% bonus trade in with Madden 15 preorder, confirmed near $60 for MK8 and next gen Watch Dogs, ends July 19th (saturday)

ritchardf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
370 (100%)
Just saw this in the ad from the sunday paper. You have to pay $5 for the preorder, and you get $15 of MUT content probably when you pick up the game. It doesnt list any restrictions, just says not available in all stores. It does state video game must be in original packaging and customer must be 18 years of age or older.

Ive noticed their trade in values seem to be based off best buy, as they are usually a few cents more or less. This is in store only i assume.

to check values or find out if your store is participating (blue find your walmart square next to search)

http://walmart.cexchange.com/Online/Gaming/index.rails

link to ad (on page 23, middle left of 2 page layout)

http://weeklyad.walmart.com/Walmart/BrowseByPage?storeid=2494509&promotionviewmode=2&promotioncode=LA_Walmart-140713&listingid=0&sneakpeek=N&pagenumber=22

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are unable to get a cashier to allow you to purchase a physical gift card w/ the paper one, the process was pretty painless online.  I did two trade ins and both times was forced to pre-order Madden.  I was able to combine the two paper gift cards and two madden pre-order gift cards into one $260 physical gift card.   Now I just have to wait for it to arrive. 

The physical Walmart cards are by the registers. You shouldn't waste time with employees. Just go and grab your own and than go to a register and say you want all the credit on that card. 

If you are unable to get a cashier to allow you to purchase a physical gift card w/ the paper one, the process was pretty painless online. I did two trade ins and both times was forced to pre-order Madden. I was able to combine the two paper gift cards and two madden pre-order gift cards into one $260 physical gift card. Now I just have to wait for it to arrive.
How did you use madden cards online if they don't have PIN?

Sorry to hear you guys are having shitty experiences. Everyone at my local Walmart does the trade ins without any problems. Kind of makes me want to check out a different one nearby to see how the other ones are doing. It's a new thing and as far as I've seen there hasn't been any official training mandated for the electronics employees. We just figured it out because frankly it's stupid simple...

And most will likely say no or have no idea how to use your paper card.
The paper card has a barcode on it. They can just scan the code and enter the exact amount to go on the card. I've done this enough times, it isn't hard. If one person denies you, simply try again later at a different time.

The paper card has a barcode on it. They can just scan the code and enter the exact amount to go on the card. I've done this enough times, it isn't hard. If one person denies you, simply try again later at a different time.
Except that they scan it and go derp and can't make it work. So even if they're willing to by the time they've got a half dozen people involved someone says no and they still haven't figured it out. :whee:

Except that they scan it and go derp and can't make it work. So even if they're willing to by the time they've got a half dozen people involved someone says no and they still haven't figured it out. :whee:
I'm just saying how easy it is to do. No use thinking it won't work. Might as well try it instead of having the people at the trade center do it. Like I said, I've done it multiple times without an issue since I explain to them what they need to do.

And it's not a matter of it not working. It shows up on the registers as credit. They scan the physical card and it ask them what amount. Very simple unlike telling them the credit is suppose to go on a card at the trade in center. Since it isn't there. It's suppose to go on the paper, you are suppose to put it on a card if you want to.

in theory it's easy to do, but 90% of them just stop and give up when they dunno what to do. then they have to call their higher up since they dont want to get into trouble. of course those monkeys dont want to try anything neither so they call someone else. after about 30-60 min then they tell you it's not allowed lol

welcome to walmart hell. i feel sorry for the people that have to shop or work there. and i sure as hell dont get why anyone want to go there if they dont have to. 

in theory it's easy to do, but 90% of them just stop and give up when they dunno what to do. then they have to call their higher up since they dont want to get into trouble. of course those monkeys dont want to try anything neither so they call someone else. after about 30-60 min then they tell you it's not allowed lol
What I was trying to get at.

What are you all gonna use the credit for? I can't really think of anything to spend it on besides hardware since I have GCU... and the only thing I would remotely think about buying is the white PS4.

Save it till BF? -.-

If the values hold I'll probably stop by tomorrow/today again. The dude working there said 2 titles/platform/DAY, not week, month or w/e so he's okay with me trading in more. Obviously YMMV, since neither employee could find it written anywhere.

What are you all gonna use the credit for? I can't really think of anything to spend it on besides hardware since I have GCU... and the only thing I would remotely think about buying is the white PS4.

Save it till BF? -.-
Well if I can't manage to get it onto a pre-paid CC then that's probably what I'll do. Walmart was the only store I actually went to last year since they were the only one with any deals that interested me and showing up around 11PM it was actually one of the best BF openings I've seen at any store.

Getting a physical card can depend on how nice you are.

A regular who is known for being rude traded in games a while ago before the promo, and we simply stated policy and why we only give him the egiftcard.

And a few of the guys trading in games today, were really nice, and polite, so when they asked for cards, I gladly put their balance on a plastic card.

Edit:

I want to ask how can someone not know how to use the paper giftcard, even with the instructions printed on there, then I remember some of my coworkers.

Well if I can't manage to get it onto a pre-paid CC then that's probably what I'll do. Walmart was the only store I actually went to last year since they were the only one with any deals that interested me and showing up around 11PM it was actually one of the best BF openings I've seen at any store.
Do they have prepaid Visas like BBY? I would much rather cash out myself. 30 min. drives one way every time sucks.

If you are unable to get a cashier to allow you to purchase a physical gift card w/ the paper one, the process was pretty painless online. I did two trade ins and both times was forced to pre-order Madden. I was able to combine the two paper gift cards and two madden pre-order gift cards into one $260 physical gift card. Now I just have to wait for it to arrive.
Well I'll be damned... the $5 Madden pre-order card I had to pay for to get the extra 50% in credit actually DID end up being a $5 gift card! lol.

I took my $54.67 paper gift card and my $5 Madden pre-order card, added both to my account and just ordered a $59.67 Basic Blue Wal-Mart gift card online! haha. It should arrive between the 23rd-25th! :)

Also redeemed my Madden 2015 bonus code from the pre-order card! Just waiting on the email so I can redeem them! :D. Don't forget to redeem yours!

How did you use madden cards online if they don't have PIN?
They do. It's the second scratch off on the right labeled "Pin#". Underneath is a 16-digit number and a 4-digit "EAN" pin. Enjoy! :)

The one by me keeps a lot of games in the back on bf so you can show up the next day (on Friday) and still buy them. I went to a WalMart in Wisconsin with a parking garage and escalators. I imagine that one gets dangerous on bf.

This is a great deal. I forgot all about Madden when MS had that crazy trade in deal a few weeks ago, so I might take advantage of this if I can find newer games they I don't play anymore.

Do they have prepaid Visas like BBY? I would much rather cash out myself. 30 min. drives one way every time sucks.
Yeah, they're up at the register lanes with the gift cards. Probably going to take a real miracle though, if the register allows it, since you'll need a cashier competent enough to take the paper GC but who doesn't care enough to say no.

Yeah, they're up at the register lanes with the gift cards. Probably going to take a real miracle though, if the register allows it, since you'll need a cashier competent enough to take the paper GC but who doesn't care enough to say no.
In my experience, the registers will not allow you transfer credit to a prepaid Visa. No manager can override it as it isn't possible. Others have said they have done it but the 3 times I tried with different cards, it didn't work.

But you bcan put the credit onto a physical Walmart card.

I guess it's not worth trying then. Wonder what's different between BBY and WM that it doesn't allow GCs to be used on prepaid Visas. Does that not work on purchasing gift cards for other stores/restaurants from them? (assuming they sell let's say... Taco Bell gift cards like GS does)

I guess it's not worth trying then. Wonder what's different between BBY and WM that it doesn't allow GCs to be used on prepaid Visas. Does that not work on purchasing gift cards for other stores/restaurants from them? (assuming they sell let's say... Taco Bell gift cards like GS does)
Walmart treats credit in their system as credit. BB treats it as cash. At least that's what I assume.

I'm just saying how easy it is to do. No use thinking it won't work. Might as well try it instead of having the people at the trade center do it. Like I said, I've done it multiple times without an issue since I explain to them what they need to do.

And it's not a matter of it not working. It shows up on the registers as credit. They scan the physical card and it ask them what amount. Very simple unlike telling them the credit is suppose to go on a card at the trade in center. Since it isn't there. It's suppose to go on the paper, you are suppose to put it on a card if you want to.

You don't seem to understand they won't do it here. I've tried many dif cashiers at dif stores and it always ends up like eldritch said. Usually the cashier has no clue how to use it and has to call people over.

You don't seem to understand they won't do it here. I've tried many dif cashiers at dif stores and it always ends up like eldritch said. Usually the cashier has no clue how to use it and has to call people over.
I can attest to how easy it is to use an egift card in general (do it ALL THE TIME at the self checkout) or to transfer that balance to a plastic gift card (used to do it ALL THE TIME at the self checkout until that ability was nerfed, still ticked about that). But when you try to have someone do something they've never done before no matter how competent they are otherwise their brain may turn to molasses, and in this case they might think you are trying to scam them so they may not be willing to figure it out. A calm soothing voice with palms extended and their favorite snack in one hand should win them over though. :wub:

Is this offer available for online trade in? On Long Island, NY Best Buy and Walmart sell preowned games but don't accept trades. At least, it's been that way for a few years. Which is odd because GameStop does. But I guess that's more integral to their business than the others.

Is this offer available for online trade in? On Long Island, NY Best Buy and Walmart sell preowned games but don't accept trades. At least, it's been that way for a few years. Which is odd because GameStop does. But I guess that's more integral to their business than the others.
No, it's in-store only.

I thought someone said Long Island does take trades. And as far as "it's been that way for a few years", Walmart as a whole only started taking video game trade ins a few months ago.

When you trade something in at walmart do you just walk back to the electronics section or do you stop at the customer service desk in the front? My electronics section is all the way in the back and usually there is no one at the door to greet so I don't really feel like being accused of stealing or something if I walk in there with some used games.

When you trade something in at walmart do you just walk back to the electronics section or do you stop at the customer service desk in the front? My electronics section is all the way in the back and usually there is no one at the door to greet so I don't really feel like being accused of stealing or something if I walk in there with some used games.
I just walk to the electronics section.

Competent Enough - Maybe 2 cashiers at my store. (One guy is like a former marine. Very pleasant. Works hard. Always smiling).

Doesn't Care enough to say no - Ironically, that's about every cashier except the former marine. :)

I thought someone said Long Island does take trades. And as far as "it's been that way for a few years", Walmart as a whole only started taking video game trade ins a few months ago.
Right. I'll just have to call a bunch of stores in my area. There's no indicator on any of the Walmart stores that shows if they offer trade-ins as a service. That wouldn't make sense. Why make it easy!

fyi zreward is back up. i did get a bad captcha imagine once but i just re-do it and a new working image came up. if you care about the vudu credit, I think you can only apply 1 free vudu code per title per platform to the same vudu acct. ie, get the madden preorder cards for diff platforms if you want to use the vudu credit.  or you can trade or sell the credit too

I said I would not sign anything because that was not the value I should have received. The lady snatched the game and said that signing the papers was just a formality for their records, and that the game was already theirs.
Holy crap. You should probably talk with someone higher-up than her because that's repulsive behavior. :shock:

What is wrong with you people you literally go to customer service and say I want a physical card and they'll load your paper onto one. I assume most of you missed out in ni no kuni and gow3

What is wrong with you people you literally go to customer service and say I want a physical card and they'll load your paper onto one. I assume most of you missed out in ni no kuni and gow3
dont assume everyone is as lucky as you. i have dealt with many CSRs and even managers who are totally clueless and untrained.

It doesn't work that easy for everybody. I did gow3 flips along with others. I've done exactly what you say and customer service tells me they are not allowed to do it. I've gone to a couple various walmarts with the same results.

No I didnt. But when I tried to buy a walmart gift card with my egift card from online trade in the store manager saidthat is not allowed. Granted that was the only store I tried. Note that I live on long island and walmart does not take trade ins here so I can only trade in via the website.

Right. I'll just have to call a bunch of stores in my area. There's no indicator on any of the Walmart stores that shows if they offer trade-ins as a service. That wouldn't make sense. Why make it easy!
No go on any Wal-Mart's here. Btw best buy does take in your trade ins provided you show the receipt as proof you bought it at best buy here on long island. Gamestop is legally able to skirt the pawn shop laws here because they are a "specialty" store. Not sure how target gets around it though

Being that no Long Island stores take trade ins, I'll have to make a trip to my brother's and make a stop at the White Plains WM on Friday. Hopefully the value stays steady, otherwise I'll have to take the hit and trade in at GameStop. I think with their current promo they're only offering $39 for MK8. Anyone have any other ideas?

You don't understand that, like I said, I've done it multiple times. It really isn't complicated. Like I explained, you just give them the paper gift card and the physical gift card. They scan the paper card than the physical card. It'll ask them the total that needs to be on the physical card and you tell them the entire amount.

But, I see others have gotten rejected from doing it which is strange regardless of employees b/c the register tells them exactly what to do. I hate to say it since it is that easy but YMMV on an employee just following the on screen directions.

You don't understand that, like I said, I've done it multiple times. It really isn't complicated. Like I explained, you just give them the paper gift card and the physical gift card. They scan the paper card than the physical card. It'll ask them the total that needs to be on the physical card and you tell them the entire amount.

But, I see others have gotten rejected from doing it which is strange regardless of employees b/c the register tells them exactly what to do. I hate to say it since it is that easy but YMMV on an employee just following the on screen directions.
Go to a CHECKOUT FRONT register which sells gift cards. Pick up a Walmart gift card, multiple if you prefer to spit your amount. I would round it to the nearest dollar to make the transaction less of a hassle. When the cashier swipe, activate the card and ask for payment, inform the cashier you'll be paying with an egift card. Pay the difference if required It works the same way in Target as well an many other retailer. Hopefully, this will clarify some of the confusion.

^That's basically what I've been saying. It really isn't that hard but I guess some employees at some stores are afraid to follow the directions on the screen. Not surprising since it is Walmart. I've never had that issue though. I have when trying to put the credit onto a Visa gift card but that's b/c the system didn't allow it. It literally would not let any employee do it.

Anyways, instead of thinking it won't work, might as well try it yourself and simply explain to them what they need to do.

Or spend your egift card and return it all. They will issue you a plastic gift card and the difference to your other firm of payment. Then you give them the Luigi death stare and move on.

Holy crap what a hassle.  From me going to electronics to walking out of the door took 103 minutes.  First I was told to go to electronics.  Electronics tells me to go to Customer Service and then customer service tells me to go to the wireless register.  Next fun thing I learn is that per a new florida law, Walmart & Target are not physically allowed to give the gift cards to customers.  I ended up getting $155 in credit, so that was quite a few games I had to buy (I tried to buy a console, but the system would not allow me)

Half an hour was spent with the manager trying to figure out why a game that rang up $29.96 at the registers was ringing up as $50.02 in whatever program they were using in the trade transaction. Eventually they gave up on that system and just printed out the gift card and rang me up on a regular register.  The manager was relieved that the regular registeres worked as the only other option would have been to give me a gift card for the $20 difference, which honestly I think I earned regardless considering I waited so long without raising any kind of fuss.

Like with Target, the receipt says nothing about not being able to return the items, so I'm just going to return the games to a different store and say I no longer have the gift card so they can give me a new one.

bread's done
Back