Walmart B&M 50% bonus trade in with Madden 15 preorder, confirmed near $60 for MK8 and next gen Watch Dogs, ends July 19th (saturday)

ritchardf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
370 (100%)
Just saw this in the ad from the sunday paper. You have to pay $5 for the preorder, and you get $15 of MUT content probably when you pick up the game. It doesnt list any restrictions, just says not available in all stores. It does state video game must be in original packaging and customer must be 18 years of age or older.

Ive noticed their trade in values seem to be based off best buy, as they are usually a few cents more or less. This is in store only i assume.

to check values or find out if your store is participating (blue find your walmart square next to search)

http://walmart.cexchange.com/Online/Gaming/index.rails

link to ad (on page 23, middle left of 2 page layout)

http://weeklyad.walmart.com/Walmart/BrowseByPage?storeid=2494509&promotionviewmode=2&promotioncode=LA_Walmart-140713&listingid=0&sneakpeek=N&pagenumber=22

Last edited by a moderator:
How does the Madden preorder work?  They checked yes and I got the 50%, but did never charged me for a preorder.  The people helping me had no idea what they were doing and they let me do most of it.

How does the Madden preorder work? They checked yes and I got the 50%, but did never charged me for a preorder. The people helping me had no idea what they were doing and they let me do most of it.
If they never scanned a preorder card, you won't be charged for anything. Free 50% bonus for you! :)

The associative discount works on the pre order cards which is weird since it's pretty much a gift card.

The associative discount works on the pre order cards which is weird since it's pretty much a gift card.
Does it really? I'll try this tommorow.

I know it works on PSN/XBL/Eshop points

But yeah Walmarts preorder system is flawed, we don't even hold the game for you. Sure, most of the time we wont run out, but I have had a few cases where a kid bought Pokemon preorder cards and we ran out of the version he wanted

It looks like Mario Kart 8 is still holding strong. UFC for PS4 version has no value?! And for some reason Halo 4 has risen in value to $13.02! Watch Dogs (PS4, Xbone) is also back at $39.78.

It looks like Mario Kart 8 is still holding strong. UFC for PS4 version has no value?! And for some reason Halo 4 has risen in value to $13.02! Watch Dogs (PS4, Xbone) is also back at $39.78.
Lol damn it, I missed out on ~$6. Was going to go grocery shopping today too at Sam's so it would've helped. Oh well, thought it was gonna drop today not go up :drool:

looks like ufc for xbox one is at $30, maybe they got a ton of ps4 copies? also watchdogs on ps3 and 360 is at $36.xx

also just checked the hobbit and its a little over $20 for ps4, so $30 after bonus is pretty tempting...

$15.30 for black flag on xbox one, i think that went up as well.

Tiv of NBA Live 14 for PS4 went up a little too. Now it trades in for 9.56 or $14.34 after promo.

Wal-Mart, you so crazy!

Has anybody traded wolfestein TNO? If so how much did you get? Also how does the promo works? Do I have to be a walmart rewards member or something?

The associate who processed my trade was kind of dick.  He told me I couldn't get my credit unless I put it all towards Madden, which I agreed to. When he printed out my gift card he took it with him and walked away to go get a Madden pre-order card.  I told him that I had a lot of stuff to buy and I would appricate it if I could just take the card up front with my other items. He was like "uh no you need to do this here now". 

Anyway, when he went to find the preorder card the store didn't have them and he got extremley pissed and went about asking the the other nearby associates where the cards were and started saying that he couldn't give me my credit because the cards weren't there (even though he processed the whole trade already).   I walked over to him and I said "dude it's really not that big of a deal. I'll come back and buy a preorder card later."

He gave me the credit slip and the proceeded to follow me through different departments in the store, as if i were stealing or something.  After 10 minutes he stopped and went back to electronics. 

fucker. 

Will buying 4-5 copies of halo from GameStop raise any flags? I mean they can't be mad that I'm buying their games from them can they?

Keep in mind, used GameStop games can be scratched up, and Walmart kind of wants like new according to their description online. YMMV.

Angry Birds: Star Wars PS4/XB1 for the win IMHO.

I really wish they would start trading in the OC, went to two Walmarts in the OC before I wised up and checked online for stores which took trades. Anyone know if the Cerritos Walmart of the 91 takes trades it's in LA but not on the trade page.

Another thing thats worth pointing out is the card comes with 5$ vudu credit. If you use the credit to convert movies to UV and do 10 at a time, it becomes 1$ per conversion, or 2.50 if you upgrade from dvd to HD UV

I traded in wolfenstein: TNO and got about 50ish i think. My first trip it froze and the lady just didnt want to bother with trying to fix it but the nest day I went and this other guy was very nice about it. Once all was said and done he was so surprised and actually asked me if he could hang my trades on the wall behind the cash register to show people you can get good money with trading games in.

I learned quickly. 3 of the 4 halos I bought had the "not packaged for individual sale" of course Walmart refused them. Awesome
I traded in a copy of Skylanders Giants for 3DS and that doesn't have a barcode on it either and they took it. Of course, the guy doing the trade was fairly new and let me drive the trade-in and the guy with the bad attitude didn't walk up and notice until the deal was done.

Long story short, they can take in games without a barcode on them if they want to, but they may not want to.

I learned quickly. 3 of the 4 halos I bought had the "not packaged for individual sale" of course Walmart refused them. Awesome
I was curious if they would accept that packaging. I still have the copy that came from my Halo 4 Xbox and wanted to trade it in, but kind of expected this would be the case. Sucks, but thanks for clarifying this.

Traded in several games last night and ended up with a sweet $242 paper credit that I converted to a regular gift card in-store. I had to keep one game because I went over the $250 limit. I was worried at first because the electronics guy had some kind of disability and I had a tough time understanding him. I'll admit that initially I unfairly assumed the process was not going to go well and I feel shitty for doing that. At one point he said something I didn't understand and started stacking my games in front of me. I thought he said he couldn't take them but he was just double checking that they were listed on the computer before he finalized it. I was shocked at how quickly he had all of them in the computer. Really nice guy. Great experience & great customer service.

If there's one thing I've learned from being a CAG it's that dealing with retailers doing anything outside of the norm (i.e. scanning a product, putting it in a bag, & collecting money) is a crapshoot. There's a multitude of reasons why employees refuse to do something that is legitimate. I've posted in other topics about my experiences with this. For example, the Microsoft Store $10 trade in credit got me an Xbox One. The first time I tried to do the trade in, the employee was making me preorder a game for each trade in. I went back the next day after speaking with the store manager on the phone and an awesome, different employee processed all of my 40ish trade ins and I didn't have to preorder anything, allowing me to buy an Xbox one. Another example is GameStop's ad selling Angry Birds SW wii u for $10 not to long ago. The first store I went to the manager was a giant asshole and refused to sell me that game for $10 even though it was in the ad. I walked across the street, went into the GS in the mall, and the manager there had no problem selling me the game for $10.

Long story short, just be patient and try again either with a different employee or a different store.

I wonder what Walmart is going to do with all these pre-orders now that FYE just announced that it'll be the only retailer carrying Madden 15. 

twitter.com/officialfye/status/489785336902332419/

I wonder what Walmart is going to do with all these pre-orders now that FYE just announced that it'll be the only retailer carrying Madden 15.

twitter.com/officialfye/status/489785336902332419/
They just said that to get people to buy from them. If you look on the ea sports site it shows all the retailers that are gonna sell it. Sales would be extremely low if that were true.

That's funny because when I traded in two games yesterday, the guy took the manuals out and gave them to me, saying they aren't supposed to take the manuals with the games. WTF, Walmart? You're drunk...

That's funny because when I traded in two games yesterday, the guy took the manuals out and gave them to me, saying they aren't supposed to take the manuals with the games. WTF, Walmart? You're drunk...
Obviously Walmart doesn't train their employees well for trade ins. I looked at their screen and it's the same as the TIV checker. It's so easy, literally a customer who knows how to search and add things to a cart could do it.

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but the pre-order cards are basically $5 gift cards. On the back of the card, peel off the yellow sticker covering the "redemption barcode" and have them scan that...YMMV on whether or not they will do it, but the system will treat it as a giftcard. I just used mine online by scratching off the PIN# field which reveals the gift card number and it's associated PIN#.

Just wish the free shipping they offer online didn't take 2 weeks.
So what you're telling me is that I get 5$ free vudu credit and a 5$ gift card. Seriously ?

The associate who processed my trade was kind of dick. He told me I couldn't get my credit unless I put it all towards Madden, which I agreed to. When he printed out my gift card he took it with him and walked away to go get a Madden pre-order card. I told him that I had a lot of stuff to buy and I would appricate it if I could just take the card up front with my other items. He was like "uh no you need to do this here now".

Anyway, when he went to find the preorder card the store didn't have them and he got extremley pissed and went about asking the the other nearby associates where the cards were and started saying that he couldn't give me my credit because the cards weren't there (even though he processed the whole trade already). I walked over to him and I said "dude it's really not that big of a deal. I'll come back and buy a preorder card later."

He gave me the credit slip and the proceeded to follow me through different departments in the store, as if i were stealing or something. After 10 minutes he stopped and went back to electronics.

fucker.
I would have just gone up to him and stood next to him and not said a word.

Looks like price on Watch dogs and Infamous went back up to previous value. UFC is still only $30 though. Glad I waited to trade in these copies I ended up buying! Off to WM!!

I was curious if they would accept that packaging. I still have the copy that came from my Halo 4 Xbox and wanted to trade it in, but kind of expected this would be the case. Sucks, but thanks for clarifying this.
If they follow procedure their trade in training manual says games must come in original case, with original artwork and MUST have a UPC to look it up.

Yeh its stupid, but it IS their trade in program and most of is are abusing it. So if they say they need a UPC so be it.

He's too stupid to realize what the training manual said.

I think it says something close to "Games may NOT come with manual". Not that tey don't take them.

Just wanted to say thanks to the op, Darby for the step by step on trade ins, and all the fellow CAGs that reported the high value trade ins. Today was a good day. Traded in the usual suspects. The only other game that I traded in that wasn't mentioned was Need for Speed Rivals for xb1 (Base TIV - $21.86) but that was bought from Amazon 3rd party for $18.xx

Process at my store (Cary NC) was easy. It took about 20 minutes but only because the system froze at least 5 times while doing the trade ins and we had to start over and or switch between 2 systems twice. The guy doing my trade in was very cool and patient himself and had the games scanned into the system under a minute each time. After seeing the values he even himself wanted to trade in some games and flip some from buying on craiglist. Overall very pleased with the 2 guys in that department. They know what they are doing.

Hmm ... seems gamestop pulled the pre owned listing of both angry birds star wars and mgs ground zeros . Was about to go head out to grab some but not sure what that means for in store copies . 

Was able to trade in Halo 4 (360) and Plants vs Zombies: GW (X1) for a cool $45 after the extra 50% (thus I got $40 in gc plus the $5 preorder).  Very happy with the trade in value.  Thankfully Halo 4's value jumped, would have been happy to get $6-7 for it.

Does anyone know if you can cancel the preorder for Madden 15, and thus get back the $5 (I assume you can, as I've done this before on Gamestop, but never on WalMart before)?

Was able to trade in Halo 4 (360) and Plants vs Zombies: GW (X1) for a cool $45 after the extra 50% (thus I got $40 in gc plus the $5 preorder). Very happy with the trade in value. Thankfully Halo 4's value jumped, would have been happy to get $6-7 for it.

Does anyone know if you can cancel the preorder for Madden 15, and thus get back the $5 (I assume you can, as I've done this before on Gamestop, but never on WalMart before)?
Took the preorder card to customer service as soon as I got it, handed them my receipt and card, and got $5 in cash back.

Kinda funny because I bought it with my trade in credit.

Took the preorder card to customer service as soon as I got it, handed them my receipt and card, and got $5 in cash back.

Kinda funny because I bought it with my trade in credit.
If you're in California, it's because they had to. State law mandates they give cash back on gift cards under $10.

bread's done
Back