Walmart Black Friday ad '07

Status
Not open for further replies.

newmodel

CAG Veteran
Will someone please email or PM the walmart black friday ad that got posted and pulled today to me? I'd really appreciate it. I'm not sure it can be posted here without triggering legal threats...

its a dumb move. If something I want is on sale, I'll deffinately go out, but if they expect me to go out and see what they have, braving those crowds to find out, they're crazy.

The ad doesn't exist yet, they basically sent a pre-emptive cease and desist to a BF website. All ads you are hearing about are from last year, and they are not out yet for this year.

[quote name='opterasis']its a dumb move. If something I want is on sale, I'll deffinately go out, but if they expect me to go out and see what they have, braving those crowds to find out, they're crazy.[/quote]

They expect you to wait until November... buy a paper the day before and read the add like everyone else. That is all. They don't want Target, Kohls, Kmart, and all the others to see the add beforehand. It's just a business move.

I understand their stance on the issue, but come on. If it was leaked, the ad is either done and sales are pretty much decided, or they just wasted a ton of money only to have to go back the drawing board. It's only a month away, and I'm not sure that the competitors are that agile to be changing their sales to compete with a leaked Wal-Mart ad. I wouldn't be surprised if most others ads were already done and decided. It happens EVERY year.

I'm also interested in seeing this if possible. PMs accepted. Boy scouts like to be prepared.

O/T a little bit but its going unannounced that Old Navy for Black Friday is giving away free 512mb mp3 players to the first 50 customers.

From what I've read the ad has not been leaked yet (according to bfads.net) and Wal-Mart is using this threat as a preemptive strike. I did some quick searching around and haven't been able to locate anything regarding this year's sale contents. However, if it's anything like it was last year the we likely aren't missing out on anything.

That article that someone put a link to says that no one has it yet, it is just a warning that no one should post it even if they do get it.

I'd like to know what it is too.. so pm me if someone gets there hands on it..

It sure seems like a stupid move, I mean any advertising should be good

[quote name='Romis']I'd like to know what it is too.. so pm me if someone gets there hands on it..

It sure seems like a stupid move, I mean any advertising should be good[/quote]

companies hate BF ads to get out early because the competition then has a chance to under cut them

[quote name='Malik112099']companies hate BF ads to get out early because the competition then has a chance to under cut them[/quote]

those companys have enough resources to get the leaked ads by other means than looking on black friday sites....this only hurts the consumers

[quote name='nadroj1485']those companys have enough resources to get the leaked ads by other means than looking on black friday sites....this only hurts the consumers[/quote]

Explain?

Also, companies don't like this because of a number of reasons.

1. It allows you to compare the sales of other places easily and within seconds.

2. It gives you too much time to fully research the products you want to buy in the ad. Impulse buying is diminished.

Doorbusters 3 am to 7 am (or until items run out...no limit)

PS3 40 GB for $198.99
All PS3 games 2 for $73.88
42" no name Plasma HDTV (1080p) $487.73
All DVDs/Blu Ray/HD-DVD BOGO (free item must be equal or lesser value)
All New Chinese Dongo Automobiles will be available - basic/stock model MSRP $3999.99, Walmart everyday low price $3487.37. Turbo model with double HP (2 hamster engine) $4553.72

Just wait a week or two, every site will have them up.

[quote name='karkyco']
All New Chinese Dongo Automobiles will be available - basic/stock model MSRP $3999.99, Walmart everyday low price $3487.37. Turbo model with double HP (2 hamster engine) $4553.72

[quote name='karkyco']
All New Chinese Dongo Automobiles will be available - basic/stock model MSRP $3999.99, Walmart everyday low price $3487.37. Turbo model with double HP (2 hamster engine) $4553.72[/quote]

lol:lol:

[quote name='Malik112099']companies hate BF ads to get out early because the competition then has a chance to under cut them[/QUOTE]

Not really, the majority of companies have their BF ad done MONTHS before BF.

[quote name='karkyco']Doorbusters 3 am to 7 am (or until items run out...no limit)

PS3 40 GB for $198.99
All PS3 games 2 for $73.88
42" no name Plasma HDTV (1080p) $487.73
All DVDs/Blu Ray/HD-DVD BOGO (free item must be equal or lesser value)

Just wait a week or two, every site will have them up.[/quote]

Lmfao. In for 2 for the turbo model.

[quote name='Rihan']Jesus christ people. The ad hasn't been leaked yet. Stop with the fucking PM requests.[/QUOTE]

DON'T LISTEN TO HIM! HE'S FROM WALMART.

PM PLZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back