Walmart Black Friday Ad Posted - Titles added to OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Couches

CAG Newbie
I'm new to CAG, but I noticed that Walmart's Black Friday ad was posted and thought I'd mention it since no one else has as of yet.

There's quite a bit to type out compared to the other Black Friday ads so I figured I'd post a link instead.

I found the scan here: http://bfads.net/Ad/Walmart-2012/Page2

edit: coopscohen mentioned another the correct version of the ad here: http://blackfriday.com/stores/walmart/flyers

These prices are much better.
When I checked out the Black Friday ad at Walmart.com for my local store, it's showing the prices listed in the blackfriday.com version.
It's safe to assume that is the right one. It may be possible that the prices vary by location, but I'm not sure of that.

Thanks to Jackie Chandler for compiling a more thorough/organized list.

URL="http://bfads.net/Ad/Walmart-2012/Page2"]Ad Scan[/URL]: Some states (such as Oklahoma) show increased prices in their ads. Please check pages 6-7 in this ad for pricing relevant to your state.

Please note that these deals start at 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day.

Also, platforms listed are the ones that are confirmed by the ad. Games may or may not be available for systems other than the ones pictured.

Confirmed $25 Games: (Over 45 titles)

:360: :ps3: Amazing Spiderman
:360: Battlefield 3: Premium Edition
:360: :ps3: Borderlands 2
:360: Call of Duty: MW3
:360: Dishonored
:360: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
:360: FIFA Soccer 13
:360: :wii: Just Dance 4
:360: Kinect Star Wars
:ps3: LittleBigPlanet Karting
:360: :ps3: Madden 13
:ps3: Medal of Honor Warfighter
:360: NBA 2K13
:360: NCAA Football 13
:360: Need for Speed: Most Wanted- A Criterion Game
:wii: Super Smash Bros. Brawl
:360: :ps3: Tekken Tag Tournament 2
:360: :ps3: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
:360: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron
:ps3: Twisted Metal
:360: :wii: Wipeout 3
:360: :ps3: WWE 13
:360: :ps3: XCOM: Enemy Unknown
:wii: Zumba Games (needs confirmation)

Confirmed $15 Games: (Over 30 titles)

:ps3: Angry Birds Trilogy
:ps3: Borderlands GOTY Edition
:360: :ps3: Call of Duty: Black Ops
:wii: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
:360: Dance Central 3
:360: Fable: The Journey
:360: Forza Horizon
:ps3: God of War Saga
:360: :ps3: Grand Theft Auto IV Complete Edition
:wii: Just Dance 3
:ps3: Killzone 3
:360: Kinect Sports: Ultimate Collection
:360: :ps3: :wii: Lego Batman 2: DC Heroes
:wii: Mario Power Tennis
:wii: Mario Super Sluggers
:360: Max Payne 3
:ps3: MLB 12: The Show
:wii: Pikmin 2
:ps3: Ratchet and Clank HD Collection
:360: :ps3: Red Dead Redemption GOTY Edition
:360: :ps3: Spec Ops: The Line
:wii: Super Mario Galaxy
:wii: Super Paper Mario
:ps3: Uncharted 3 (non-GOTY)
:wii: Wii Play Motion
:wii: Wii Sports
:wii: Wipeout 2

Confirmed $10 Games: (Over 25 titles)

:ps3: Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY
:360: Batman: Arkham City (non-GOTY pictured)
:360: :ps3: Cabela's Survival
:360: :ps3: Call of Duty: World at War
:360: :ps3: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
:360: :ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 "GOTY"
:ps3: Darksiders
:360: :ps3: Dead Island
:360: Game Party in Motion
:ps3: Gran Turismo 5 XL Edition
:360: :ps3: L.A. Noire Complete Collection
:360: Lego Batman
:360: Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4
:ps3: LittleBigPlanet 2
:ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
:360: Saints Row 2
:ps3: Sly Collection
:ps3: SOCOM 4
:360: UFC Trainer

Confirmed $30 Nintendo DS Games:

:ds: Mario Kart DS
:ds: New Super Mario Bros.
:ds: Pokemon Black Version 2
:ds: Pokemon White Version 2

Other Video Game Deals:

Consoles/Handhelds:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB White Skylanders Bundle- $149
:ps3: PS3 160GB Superslim Bundle w/ Infamous + Uncharted Dual Packs- $199
:wii: Wii Console- $89 (white model is shown, needs confirmation on if it's backwards compatible)
:ds: DSi XL $99.96 (Blue/Pink are pictured, ad mentions colors may vary by store)

Games/Accessories

:360: Assassin's Creed III- $38.96
:wii: Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two- $24.96
:360: Modern Warfare 3 Wireless Headset- $25
:ps3: PS3 Dualshock 3 Controllers- $39.96 (transparent black/blue pictured)
:wii: Skylanders Starter Pack- $38.96
:wii: uDraw- $10
:360: Xbox 360 Wireless Controller (White)- $39.96
:360: Xbox Live 3-Month Subscription- $11.96

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Woocls']Last year our wal-mart had a cop open the main video game box. He almost got trampled before he could step away from the box. Within secs the box was shredded and games were being thrown from the box to friends waiting in the back with carts. People were bartering off games trying to get the specific game they wanted.[/QUOTE]

The few times a year that I'm glad I work in a semi-"civilized" WM, our Black Friday crowds haven't had infamous stories since the time of the original Furby or the Tickle Me Elmo. Our game and movie crowds can get pushy, and impatient, but not anarchic. (I say that now, but watch me jinx myself and this will be the first year in nearly a decade we'll have an incident.)

By the way, to reply on your other comment, over the years I've seen both methods of selling games and movies with special BF pricing--in my store at least: holidays that the entire regular stock rings up at a special price FOR A LIMITED TIME, as well as a special UPC sticker placed over the regular one--this latter UPC method, I'd go so far as to say 90% of the time, this is what they do. This is pretty common even with regular items sold the rest of the year as well, go ahead and notice how often a special exclusive version of a blu-ray or dvd, for example one with a bonus disc or special sleeve, will have a sticker on the OUTSIDE of the shrinkwrap; UPCs like this are definitely not un-common.

And for what it's worth, you think it's unheard of to do this but shoplifters have been swapping UPC stickers over top of a completely different item's UPC to pay less and undercut retailers and has been done for years, this is not unheard of. Too detailed anecdote:
Maybe too much detail here, but I dated a girl in Pennsylvania who worked as a "cashier manager" in WM down there. She had been running register and mindlessly ringing up a couple of girls and looked up to see that an item's description of what she just rang said it was a disposable cup, after some confusion, knowing she didn't have any cups come through, she realized that "someone" had placed super-cheap plasticware barcodes sloppily over a stack of expensive jeans Some further research with the loss prevention team, it was discovered that a pack of crooks--most likely the girls she was waiting on were part of--were gaming the system like this all across the region and getting away with it. Shoplifters like this make easy money by flipping all this stuff for store credit or selling the stuff for half the cost on the shelf but still more than what they had paid.

tl;dr Specialized UPC stickers are commonplace (and used yearlong), but yeah, they're misused by savvy crooks for the reason you'd given since, after all, it's just a sticker.

In the spirit of multiple, consecutive comments, I hope someone makes a note in the OP that the ad online says there's different start times for this "Event 1": 8pm for the majority, but Maine at 12:01am, as well as Massachusetts & Rhode Island at 1am link. If the link doesn't work, checkout the layout of pages 6-7 (in my local ad at least) and for a closer view go to the print preview of it.

Tempted by a few of those games but I don't think it's worth trying to brave the madness. Think I'll stay safely at home and hope Amazon matches. :D

Hopefully I'll get at least a couple of these games on black friday

Borderlands 2
Call of Duty: MW3
Medal of Honor Warfighter
NBA 2K13
NCAA Football 13
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Twisted Metal
XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Angry Birds Trilogy
Call of Duty: Black Ops
Fable: The Journey
Forza Horizon
Kinect Sports: Ultimate Collection
Lego Batman 2: DC Heroes
Max Payne 3
Spec Ops: The Line
Uncharted 3 (non-GOTY)
Darksiders
Dead Island
Gran Turismo 5 XL Edition
Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4

[quote name='strawyleader997']Hopefully I'll get at least a couple of these games on black friday

Borderlands 2
NBA 2K13
NCAA Football 13
Twisted Metal
Angry Birds Trilogy
Forza Horizon
Max Payne 3
Uncharted 3 (non-GOTY)
Darksiders
Dead Island
Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4[/QUOTE]

Well somebody has money...

[quote name='strawyleader997']Hopefully I'll get at least a couple of these games on black friday

Borderlands 2
NBA 2K13
NCAA Football 13
Twisted Metal
Angry Birds Trilogy
Forza Horizon
Max Payne 3
Uncharted 3 (non-GOTY)
Darksiders
Dead Island
Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4[/QUOTE]

Making use of our tax dollars I see ;)

[quote name='computingwarren']Making use of our tax dollars I see ;)[/QUOTE]

If I could I'd punch him for wanting Medal of Honor..

[quote name='Killbomb']Tempted by a few of those games but I don't think it's worth trying to brave the madness. Think I'll stay safely at home and hope Amazon matches. :D[/QUOTE]

Same, really want to get a few games but there is no way I am going to Walmart on BF. The crowd will be extra hungry for blood (I remember people getting trampled in a Long Island Walmart several years ago).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back