Walmart BS

forthenguyen

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
I didn't know if this would be the right place to post but it seems to fit under shopping discussion. Alright, anyway I went to Walmart on BF and bought 2 1600 MP cards and apparently they both have been already redeemed...what?? I know they activated the card because it wouldn't say it was already redeemed and the unique serial number or whatever was on the receipt. Anyway, is there anything I can do? I lost the receipt. Knowing from past experience Walmart is full of assholes and I don't know how I can prove I bought it, let alone that they didn't work. It would absolutely blow knowing I spent $20 for them for no reason.

You have to find that receipt. You can't really do anything if you can't find it. Once you find it go over to the wal-mart and just tell them what happened. You aren't lying right? If your not than your face would show disappointment. Maybe the employees don't believe you, if they don't talk to the manager and tell him everything. Tell him how disappointed you are about the situation. Again though you have to find the receipt.*Might also help if you take a picture of you trying to redeem the code along with your history purchase on Xbox live* FIND THE RECEIPT! If you don't find it you don't even have a shot.

Yeah I can't find it at all. So basically I'm boned because they couldn't get me a good card. I didn't think to keep it because the cards are non-refundable. I know i'm partly to blame but it isn't too much to ask for a prepaid card to f'ing work when you buy it.

They could pull up the receipt at Wal-Mart if you used a card for the purchase.. but even then, the cards are non-refundable, so I dunno

If you used a credit card then you can contact the credit card company about the issue.

Buy another 2 1600 MP cards and redeem it and go back to Walmart and tell the them the code has been used already. Hope that works

[quote name='iSUX']Buy another 2 1600 MP cards and redeem it and go back to Walmart and tell the them the code has been used already. Hope that works[/QUOTE]

That's a terrible idea.

I'm assuming the OP got the 1600 MP cards for $10 each by PM'ing Target so he already has $20 invested.

To do what you are suggesting he would have to invest $40 this time (full price) and their is no guarantee that Walmart would do anything to help.

Well these were going to be used in a trade. I gave one which didn't work, the person may have been lying or not. I contacted MS support about it and gave them my 2nd code to try, and they said it was redeemed to. I randomly tried to redeem my second code any way out of frustration and it worked. So I have 1600 MP I wanted to trade and 1600 MP I'm not sure if I was scammed out of or not. Thanks for the help though, everyone.

[quote name='forthenguyen']Well these were going to be used in a trade. I gave one which didn't work, the person may have been lying or not. I contacted MS support about it and gave them my 2nd code to try, and they said it was redeemed to. I randomly tried to redeem my second code any way out of frustration and it worked. So I have 1600 MP I wanted to trade and 1600 MP I'm not sure if I was scammed out of or not. Thanks for the help though, everyone.[/QUOTE]

They weren't already redeemed. Your buyer redeemed one and you redeemed the second one. I doubt Walmart will do anything.

Don't try to scam Wal-Mart just because you did, from your story it's pretty obvious how it happened. If it happened here on CAG make sure you contact one of the mods here and get them involved, stuff happens more than I would like around here but I hope it works out for the best for you.

[quote name='XF Gator']Only way this has a happy ending is if MS customer service tells when the codes were redeemed and makes it right.[/QUOTE]

There's nothing for them to make right. The op was scammed by whoever he traded with and wrongfully put the blame on Walmart.

I wonder if it's the same person that scammed this new trader also?

Op, in the future you should verify codes through the 360 console with the "redeem code" section. It'll ask you to confirm before actually redeeming.

bread's done
Back