Walmart Clearance game guides

dvdswapper

CAGiversary!
I bought Call of Duty Black Ops game guide for 9 cents last night(3 left) at Dufferin Mall. According to many members from the other site this happens a lot, so check the prices on the guides next time you are in that department.
Anyone find anything please let us know here, I didn't see anything posted about this so I posted this thread.

Cool. to be honest .. i never seen Game Guides at my local store. i don't go to walmart much but when i do i should ask where they are.

[quote name='JamesSoprano']Cool. to be honest .. i never seen Game Guides at my local store. i don't go to walmart much but when i do i should ask where they are.[/QUOTE]

my first guess would be in the video game department :lol::lol::lol:

At Dufferin Mall they were in the game section but on the bottom of the accessories shelve. Never seen them before to be honest, so they must have put them elsewhere before. Always double check the price because they regularly go on clearance.

Were they marked at that price? I've never seen guides at anything other than full price at my store.

[quote name='Pajo']my first guess would be in the video game department :lol::lol::lol:[/QUOTE]

haha funny. i meant i never seen any around walmart before as i always browse the video game section. they should have a game guide Display cause i never saw a game guide at walmart before. i thought only Eb Games carried them.

I have gotten about a dozen or so game guides for less the a buck ( some 5 to 9 cents) at wal-mart. Some of the recent ones were CoD:Black Ops, Homefront, Brink, and Shadows of the Dammed. I have also heard of the Killzone 3 being in the 9 cent range but there are no copies of near me.

Epic Mickey Guide is 9 cents as well. A bunch at Runnymede/Stclair but the csr I talked too claimed it was scanning at $19.83.

Wow! So walmart also has less than a buck guides too? Might swing by my walmart tom. They have tons of old guides in the game section. Some are torn though since its not maintained that much but I think I saw some good ones still the last time I went there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are they marked at this price or do you just have to scan them to find out? Also, what does it mean if you scan a guide and it stays "see associate" or something like that. Happened to me with the Mortal Kombat CE.

[quote name='Tsel']Are they marked at this price or do you just have to scan them to find out? Also, what does it mean if you scan a guide and it stays "see associate" or something like that. Happened to me with the Mortal Kombat CE.[/QUOTE]

See associate usually(not all) means it's marked down on clearance. Get them to scan it with the gun. The guides should scan at checkout/price scanners.

Is this YMMV? I saw Brink, Homefront, Homefront CE and Killzone 3. I've done alot of travel for the clearance games this week and came up empty every time. I would hate to go back and be denied again.

[quote name='Invicta 61']Is this YMMV? I saw Brink, Homefront, Homefront CE and Killzone 3. I've done alot of travel for the clearance games this week and came up empty every time. I would hate to go back and be denied again.[/QUOTE]

This is specifically game GUIDES. Not the games themselves.

[quote name='Wikkidkarma']This is specifically game GUIDES. Not the games themselves.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and those are the game guides I saw at my local WM while looking for clearance games.

I wouldn't mind the Killzone 3 Strategy Guide for 9 cents just to go with my Helghast Edition and yes i know i can use the online FAQ's for the collectables ( which i am sure is in the game not sure yet i have yet to play mine ) but i doubt I'll find it at my local Walmart ( i would bus but .. yea ... Transportation is on strike )

[quote name='Invicta 61']Yeah, and those are the game guides I saw at my local WM while looking for clearance games.[/QUOTE]

I do have to point out the obvious, seeing as I don't recognize your name. But you do know that this thread is in the Canada regional sub-forum, right? You just kinda seem like a Yankee poster :bouncy: Apologies if you aren't, I'm just trying to prevent the usual confusion.

ok so i just called up and 1 store doesn't carry any Guides anymore just subscription mags and the 2nd store only had Final Fantasy for $19.99 and they rarely have game guides.

well .. their goes me getting Killzone 3 Guide right out the window. i dunno why .. i wouldn't mind having it tho it's not really need to have. well that's the last time i try for game guides here in my area anymore.

[quote name='JamesSoprano']ok so i just called up and 1 store doesn't carry any Guides anymore just subscription mags and the 2nd store only had Final Fantasy for $19.99 and they rarely have game guides.

well .. their goes me getting Killzone 3 Guide right out the window. i dunno why .. i wouldn't mind having it tho it's not really need to have. well that's the last time i try for game guides here in my area anymore.[/QUOTE]

I found tons of guides but not Killzone sorry. Would have sold it to you at cost.

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']I found tons of guides but not Killzone sorry. Would have sold it to you at cost.[/QUOTE]

Ah. well thanks for trying anyways.

[quote name='Salty Nachooo']Sam Walton was my grandfather asshole[/QUOTE]

Your grandfather's company would not let me have my high school graduation off, scheduled me at 35 hours a week so they didn't have to pay holiday's or health benefits, fired me and rehired me every summer I was home from college so I lost my wages, was paying me 3 cents more than new employees, and had me swipe my card for breaks I didn't take...Other than that, great place to work.

bread's done
Back