Walmart Clearance (PS3 games)- Probably Extremely YMMV

QPitty

CAGiversary!
This is my first deal post and I didn't see a Walmart thread in any of the recent pages but I went to a Walmart in Amarillo, TX yesterday not expecting to find anything but it turns out they hadcrazy clearance prices on a number of ps3 titles. Most were marked down from $30-50 to $5 or $10. I picked up Dead Island (goty) and tekken hybrid for $5 each, and FF-13, Asura's Wrath, and Dark souls for $10 each. They had a number of others titles like Sorcery for $5 and SSX for $10 plus other pretty recent and good games. The clerk said they were clearing out for the fall release schedule. I don't know if it is just this store or if its regional but anyone in the area should check it out.

***Okay
imag0130we.jpg

imag0129jk.jpg

imag0134kc.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I live in Ohio and I have room in my car (comfortably) for 3 others plus one in the trunk. Road trip?

I only have two rules: 1) No spilling & 2) No farting.

[quote name='slppedyoursster']Ok, I live in Ohio and I have room in my car (comfortably) for 3 others plus one in the trunk. Road trip?

I only have two rules: 1) No spilling & 2) No farting.[/QUOTE]

#2 is not humanly possible.

[quote name='Romeo']Easy for you to say. Would you willingly walk into a walmart...? I need a shower every time I leave.[/QUOTE]

hahahahaha!!!!

[quote name='QPitty']I would add a photo of the receipt but none of the game titles are on it. The sticker price rang up as displayed. This walmart is at 4215 Canyon Drive in Amarillo, Texas.[/QUOTE]

It's a bust. All the games at that Walmart rang up as regular price.

I'm kinda glad this is YMMV and not at my walmart. I have most, if not all of those games. I definitely paid a little more than these prices, would have been pissed. haha

Btw, is this walmart closing or something? Not sure why they would clear out new games like that.

[quote name='Tsel']Well I stand corrected. Bravo OP and sorry for not believing you. Wanna pick me up a few games and sell them at cost + shipping? ;)[/QUOTE]

This^ PS3 copy of Asura's Wrath. $20 shipped please!

[quote name='dudejeff22']Anyone have any luck in the DFW area?[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know this too... I have a few near me, but I don't really feel like looking because I highly doubt they would have something like this.

Pretty jealous, them's some good prices. Best thing I've got from Wal-Mart YMMV clearance this year is LBP2 Move bundle for $30. I doubt any store in my area has anything that good. Only 1 store in the county really tries to get rid of stuff, the rest let crap sit on a shelf for a couple years.

Oh at the Walmart in Media PA you know the one near Marshall's & Five Below and Petsmart?

Well I saw a little box filled with clearance DS games. Nothing good and prices were kinda high aka $15 & up. Had some type of Resident Evil 3DS game in there for I think $30.

Damn! I was at a one of my local DFW Wal-Marts earlier today and didn't even bother to look since Wal-Mart rarely has any good sales/clearance. I'll have to keep an eye out...fighting the urge to take a quick trip right now...

I've seen weirder stuff on clearance at my local store - a few weeks ago they had 3DS AC adapters (heh, I should have bought them up and given them to 3DS XL owners) and iPad smart covers, and the shiny red 360 controllers on a clearance table, among lots of other electronics crap.

[quote name='superhippy1986']Raise your hand if you think Walmart doesn't know the meaning of clearance![/QUOTE]

me me me :wave:

I am not even bothering with checking the WMs near me because, as of last week, they STILL have about 40 or so copies of AC/DC Rock Band that were dropped from $50 to $15 a year or so ago.
Yes. Less than 2 years ago they were still $50.
And yes, they are still there.

Oh I forgot to mention the Guitar Hero (game w/guitar) and DJ Hero game w/1 controller with the $80 clearance tags.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope. Nothing of note except for Black Eyed Peas Experience $9.96 each Xbox/Wii. Xbox version = $14 tiv @ BB/Wii version $12 tiv.

.........And, Duke Nukem Forever $14.96.:D

[quote name='superhippy1986']Why is Walmart so stupid... Only idiot mothers shop there for games.[/QUOTE]

I thought they shopped at GameStop?

[quote name='superhippy1986']Why is Walmart so stupid... Only idiot mothers shop there for games.[/QUOTE]
So walmart and the game shopping mothers @ walmart are both stupid?

[quote name='kouleefoh']So walmart and the game shopping mothers @ walmart are both stupid?[/QUOTE]

Bingo... It's why all their games mostly stick around FOREVER. They don't drop their prices and when mothers are shopping with their kids they see the games and buy one. Walmart might as well pull a Sears and phase out the games. Thats what a clerk told me a few days ago at Sears.

Honestly, I have had luck at the 'smaller' Wal-Mart's (not that they ALL aren't freaking GIGANTIC) but the one's that aren't 'quite' as big as the others. It's weird. I have yet to see any Clearance at the biggun's (Note: I was interested and did a Wiki search and found that the Supercenters range from around 98,000 sq./ft. to 261,000 sq./ft. {this behemoth is apparently in Albany, NY, the 260K/ft store: http://www.albany.com/news/walmart.cfm); not that I have taken out a tape measurer or asked an associate, "Reckon, how many square feet this beast is?" but I have noticed that the 'smaller' stores have the clearance and it's clearly marked. I'm not talking about the AC/DC :360: $5.00 games but real deal clearance like OP posted. I've seen it but it's rare.

Didn't Dead Island GOTY come out this past week??? If they're going to sell it for that, what's the point of even stocking it??? Great find OP...

[quote name='xyrmellon']Didn't Dead Island GOTY come out this past week??? If they're going to sell it for that, what's the point of even stocking it??? Great find OP...[/QUOTE]

most likely a mix up with the Vanilla version. Especially since there aren't "rollbacks" but what seem to be manager clearances. not sure if i'm right but that's what i'm guessing.

Hey, come on guys. Remember when Walmart clearance all those games for $5? I got a few. Of course, by the time I got wind of this, all the really good stuff was long gone.

[quote name='Mr. Universe']checked the stores at Palm Desert and La Quinta CA. sadly none of these were on clearance[/QUOTE]

Got off work and checked Moreno Valley (close to work) and both Riverside stores I live near. No go, heck of a deal.

[quote name='Romeo']Easy for you to say. Would you willingly walk into a walmart...? I need a shower every time I leave.[/QUOTE]
I would say the same thing for Gamestop, especially considering the 'quality' of their used titles.:whistle2:&:puke:

I know these deals are extreme YMMV, so I'm not even gonna waste my time trying any of the WM stores in my area.:cry: But I'd definitely grab a Dead Island GOTY if I found it for the same price here.

Yeah, correct me if I am wrong, but wal-marts are pseudo independent stores because you have department managers who do their own thing, and store managers who also have a lot of lattitude. So you can walk into a Wally world and see crazy stuff like this, but you can also walk into another and still see sealed copies of ps2 nba 2004 they are still asking $30 for (which is an actual example from my local wal-mart). So these threads are more like "cool finds" like garage sale finds than actual deal threads you should expect to go out replicate.

[quote name='terutt']Yeah, correct me if I am wrong, but wal-marts are pseudo independent stores because you have department managers who do their own thing, and store managers who also have a lot of lattitude. So you can walk into a Wally world and see crazy stuff like this, but you can also walk into another and still see sealed copies of ps2 nba 2004 they are still asking $30 for (which is an actual example from my local wal-mart). So these threads are more like "cool finds" like garage sale finds than actual deal threads you should expect to go out replicate.[/QUOTE]
Exactly. If WM was like chains like Target, TRU, Kmart and Sears and actually did a semi universal clearance across the whole chain, I would likely have an even deeper backlog than I already do since I have at least 4 close WM stores in my area and another 2-3 that're a lil further out there.

Again, the WM this guy went to has all these games at regular price. This deal doesn't exist. He probably lucked into a huge mistake.

I just got back from my Walmart. They def do have some games marked down to $20. I saw SSX, Dead Island GOTY for $20. I picked up Shadows of The Damned for $20 on the PS3.

Seeing as how my Wal Mart still has :ps2: sports games from 2003 on the shelves for $19, I'm 99.999% confident these prices don't exist locally.

[quote name='karamashi']I just got back from my Walmart. They def do have some games marked down to $20. I saw SSX, Dead Island GOTY for $20. I picked up Shadows of The Damned for $20 on the PS3.[/QUOTE]

Just so you know, Shadows of the Damned at $20 is an MSRP drop.

This kind of thing just never seems to happen in my area. And even if it did, I have a feeling the employees would have their way with this stuff long before the consumer could get to it.

bread's done
Back