Walmart.com - Call Of Duty Black Ops $59 + tax/shipping + $20 egift card

I told my friend this would happen. Can't believe he put down on this at gamestop. He's annoying me to get it. Got WaW and MW2 just to play with him, said Reach has this beat for me unfortunately =P

I need to convince him to cancel that crap and get it at wal-mart, atleast; wants it at midnight. Thanks

[quote name='Vortextk']I told my friend this would happen. Can't believe he put down on this at gamestop. He's annoying me to get it. Got WaW and MW2 just to play with him, said Reach has this beat for me unfortunately =P

I need to convince him to cancel that crap and get it at wal-mart, atleast; wants it at midnight. Thanks[/QUOTE]

Yep most people I know do the same thing. Either pre-order at gamestop stores or buy from Walmart stores. I tell them over and over they're ridiculous for paying full price for games and most of the time it's with nothing extra.

Edited for sensitivity to the mentally/physically handicapped.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon will price match this.. we'll all order from them, pick it up at Gamestop at midnight, play it until your other copy arrives via mail from Amazon.. and then just return it to Gamestop w/ the receipt. Hooray! We saved $3-6 on tax and $10/20 worth of free game/gift card credit!

It makes me feel like I'm doing the world some good by giving Amazon my money instead of Walmart and GS. :)

its too early to put down any money. well, i realize that you can always cancel your preorder.

Personally, I'm going for Brink... reminds me of a cross between Mirror's Edge and Borderlands. And that is exciting!
Not saying the new COD won't be great. Just not my cup of tea.

I won't be buying another Call of Duty this year. My Modern Warfare 2 gathers dust, while I still play Call of Duty 4 fairly regularly. I'm looking forward to Halo Reach and possibly Medal of Honor. All in all, I'm getting kind of FPS'd (and TPS'd) out. I wish developers would make more games that don't involve shooting people.

I'll wait up for Amazon. I'll put my Red Dead $20 towards Reach and my $20 from Reach towards Black Ops and my $20 from Black Ops towards the next thing that gets a gift card.

Thanks Amazon and Walmart. I really enjoy getting new games for twenty dollars off.

I will probably preorder as soon as Amazon matches it and then decide later if I actually want it. Halo Reach will more than likely satisfy my online FPS needs for quite awhile, but I have a feeling my friends will want me to get this game so I might as well lock in the gift card, just to be sure.

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']1. Amazon will price match this.. we'll all order from them, pick it up at Gamestop at midnight, play it until your other copy arrives via mail from Amazon.. and then just return it to Gamestop w/ the receipt. Hooray! We saved $3-6 on tax and $10/20 worth of free game/gift card credit!

2. It makes me feel like I'm doing the world some good by giving Amazon my money instead of Walmart and GS. :)[/QUOTE]

1. Total ass move towards GameStop. :roll:

2. Competition makes the world a better place. Can you imagine if Wal-Mart stopped selling games because everyone thought like you and everyone just bought them at amazon.com? That would mean that amazon.com would eventually stop giving away those gift cards and have higher prices. You don't know economics 101...

[quote name='sasuke543']Man when will the COD series end? I feel like it's becoming like Guitar Hero now :([/QUOTE]

Agreed. And yet, there are people that bitch about "too many" Halo games being released because it is all the same. COD is becoming a whore...

[quote name='oasisboy']Agreed. And yet, there are people that bitch about "too many" Halo games being released because it is all the same. COD is becoming a whore...[/QUOTE]

They're really going to bitching a lot when HALO becomes subscription based like World of Warcraft. It's gonna be a nonstop, year around jugernaut.

[quote name='oasisboy']1. Total ass move towards GameStop. :roll:

2. Competition makes the world a better place. Can you imagine if Wal-Mart stopped selling games because everyone thought like you and everyone just bought them at amazon.com? That would mean that amazon.com would eventually stop giving away those gift cards and have higher prices. You don't know economics 101...[/QUOTE]

I'm doing what's in the best interest of my wallet, that's it.

I understand the cause and effects of my procedure concerning the impact it has on competition. Gamestop isn't losing out on this. They get their game back... in a week's time. lol

i would pre-pay the next COD game, but everyone here knows that it will be on sale for $44.99 or less within 2 weeks of release like every other COD game in the last 3 years...

bread's done
Back