Walmart.com- Nintendo Wii Console with Nintendo Wii Sports & Bonus Game $199

Wow, nice. I'm surprised that they actually have some decent games in there. Definitely a good deal for people looking for a wii.

[quote name='xOPtimUsZErOx']does anyone know if wal-mart will honor this in the store.....or if i could possibly do this at best buy?[/QUOTE]
Online only...

sucks.

Wow. If only I could afford this right now. I would love to buy this for my sister. She's not into videogames, but she always wants me to bring my Wii over.

If u need another controller, the Nyko Wands are really nice, and cheap too.

And the Wand Plus with built in Motion Plus just started shipping too--I saw a few in Gamestop last week.

[quote name='donssword']If u need another controller, the Nyko Wands are really nice, and cheap too.

And the Wand Plus with built in Motion Plus just started shipping too--I saw a few in Gamestop last week.[/QUOTE]

You sure? I stopped buying 3rd party controllers because they were mostly crap (unless it's logitech).

[quote name='iRent']You sure? I stopped buying 3rd party controllers because they were mostly crap (unless it's logitech).[/QUOTE]

Google it = "Nyko Wand" reviews

[quote name='Unrealevil']The Wii is still $200?[/QUOTE]

Yup. Pretty amazing when you consider a 360 is the same price point (more or less). I'm surprised that this is not the Wii Sports Resort bundle that Walmart was offering a month or 2 ago... no one seems to have noticed that Nintendo is silently trying to move more Motion Plus controllers into more customer's hands in advance of the PS Move and Natal.

With more games bundled with Motion Plus and Wii Speak, it looks like Nintendo has already decided how they are going to handle the competition. I wonder how far away we are from bundled Netflix discs? Bundled Netflix discs would be a great incentive for customers to get their Wii's online, and increase the Wii online install base.

Nintendo has waaaay ramped up promoting Wii Ware and DSi Ware via email. I seem to get something from them every week. Combine this with the apparent success of their currently on-hold Wii Ware Demo promo (if it was successful, why is it on hold?), then you can definitely see a pattern emerging in how Nintendo plans to move forward over the next couple of years to address competition from Sony and MS. They have never been after feature parity, but they are trying to stay in the arena, unlike last gen.

Now if they could only do something about piracy on their platform.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='donssword']
Now if they could only do something about piracy on their platform.[/QUOTE]

Say Wha?!?!? That's the only reason I'm considering buying one. I'd much rather "try" my games first to see if they're reasonable to purchase.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Say Wha?!?!? That's the only reason I'm considering buying one. I'd much rather "try" my games first to see if they're reasonable to purchase.[/QUOTE]

Mmmm... tasty bait... do not want.

bread's done
Back