Walmart.com offering $20 egiftcards with preorders

Metroid Other M also has a $20 egift card but it's priced at $60. So far for the games that have released or are releasing soon, Amazon has matched. I've noticed they've been taking longer to match though than they had been in the past. They wait now until the game is closer to release on a lot of them.

all games at Walmart.com with a $10/$20 egift card

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for reminding me to preorder Black Ops..

I had another $20 ecard to use so I used it on this.. $41.73 total...

now to use the $20 I just got for fable III...

Thanks OP

Kevin

Seems they might break the game into a few pieces, then ship it to you.

14155213.jpg

[quote name='aporter727']Seems they might break the game into a few pieces, then ship it to you.

14155213.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I think what they are saying is the gift card will ship to you when you place the order via email. Then, the game will ship once it releases.

I preordered Black OPS and just received my $20 gift card via email.

I also think your credit card will be charge $20 for the gift card and $40 once the game ships.

Kevin

[quote name='macuseros9']only problem with this is you have to actually go to walmart. twice[/QUOTE]

1) there is free shipping to your home. (I just got it on Black OPS)

2) the $20 gift card is good for online and in store.

No need to go to the store at all actually.

Kevin

do they charge you right away for the pre-order (the full $60 price) or do they charge you when it ships like amazon and send u the gift card right away?

Thanks.

[quote name='kevgret']I think what they are saying is the gift card will ship to you when you place the order via email. Then, the game will ship once it releases.

I preordered Black OPS and just received my $20 gift card via email.

I also think your credit card will be charge $20 for the gift card and $40 once the game ships.

Kevin[/QUOTE]

Bad joke gone wrong. Sorry.

[quote name='aporter727']Bad joke gone wrong. Sorry.[/QUOTE]

I probably should have picked up on this but there have been so many questions over the last few months about this I thought it was a real question...

Kevin

[quote name='Parkerktm']do they charge you right away for the pre-order (the full $60 price) or do they charge you when it ships like amazon and send u the gift card right away?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

When I ordered Red Dead Redemption from Wal-Mart it came with a $20 Egiftcard as well. They actually charged my Wal-Mart card almost instantly but the order once I placed it showed the game for $39.99 and a gift card for $20 so they actually "charge" you for the gift card instead of just listing it free. I got the e-mail for the giftcard almost immediately upon placing the order, even way before the game shipped.

- Jason

[quote name='macuseros9']only problem with this is you have to actually go to walmart. twice[/QUOTE]

Yup... I'll wait for amazon

I don't know where the misconception came from but, you don't have to go to the store unless you are doing site-to-store and still the e-giftcard is just that, sent electronically.

- Jason

[quote name='theenforcer1']Amazon Matched[/QUOTE]

Not specific enough. Among the titles NOT currently being matched by Amazon:

Metroid: Other M
Fable III
Fallout: New Vegas

I'm waiting for Amazon to match on Metroid.

Madden, NCAA and CoD: Black Ops aren't being matched either, don't know if anything is to be honest. Madden and CoD both already had $20 in Gamer Credit for a preorder, but that isn't the same thing as a gift card, and NCAA is still at $10 Gamer Credit.

[quote name='Time Paradox']Madden, NCAA and CoD: Black Ops aren't being matched either, don't know if anything is to be honest. Madden and CoD both already had $20 in Gamer Credit for a preorder, but that isn't the same thing as a gift card, and NCAA is still at $10 Gamer Credit.[/QUOTE]

that is the way amazon typically matches walmart deals. the only pre order bonuses in the last year that had gift cards instead of video game credits were Episodes of Liberty City ($5) and Red Dead Redemption ($20).

that being said, amazon already had matched CoD and Madden to walmart when they first put up the offers. so they aren't NEW matches. (although for some reason amazon took the Madden credit down a few weeks ago and just put it back now)

I only buy my games from classy retail stores, like Gamestop.

nice to see amazon matched the offer, but Walmart's instant eGift card is pretty handy , don't have to wait till it ships to get ahold of that $20 to use toward something else

I'm tempted to get Fable III, but I'm thinking I might hold off and wait for it to drop farther. Although, if it comes with an in-game pre-order bonus I could sell that on Ebay for an extra discount, too.

I'll keep this on my radar. Thanks OP. :D

[quote name='freeorelse']Dang no Match on Lego Harry Potter :([/QUOTE]

they matched that some time ago for all versions. Theyll probably match every last one of these it's just going to be closer to the games release dates before they do on a lot of them.

Quick question for anyone that knows...

If I pre-order Halo: Reach online will I have an option to pick it up in store on midnight launch? Can I pre-order in store?

[quote name='iHN Jury']Quick question for anyone that knows...

If I pre-order Halo: Reach online will I have an option to pick it up in store on midnight launch? Can I pre-order in store?[/QUOTE]
I dont think so. They usually keep the store and site stuff separate.

[quote name='mitnosi']I dont think so. They usually keep the store and site stuff separate.[/QUOTE]

Well I guess if I buy it online and at store, I can just return one of them unopened and get a refund for the $60 purchase. Thanks for your help anyway. :)

Nice deal. I'm holding out in hopes that TRU will give out a $25 GC with the purchase of Black Ops, and that they will do their Buy Madden get another game 50% off deal which they seem to do just about every year.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Metroid Other M also has a $20 egift card but it's priced at $60. [/QUOTE]

It appears to be priced at $50 now (with the $20 egift card still active)

Come on Amazon, match!

[quote name='paul6']It appears to be priced at $50 now (with the $20 egift card still active)

Come on Amazon, match![/QUOTE]

Puhleeeeze Amazon!? Mario Galaxy 2 was a must-buy w/ the $20 credit, Metroid will be for sure...

Walmart is too much of a pain to deal with.

Just curious about Walmarts pre-orders, do you get the game shipped to you roughly around the time you would be able to pick it up in any store, or do they ship it the day its released so you have to wait 3 or 4 days to get it?

[quote name='AnubisRW']Just curious about Walmarts pre-orders, do you get the game shipped to you roughly around the time you would be able to pick it up in any store, or do they ship it the day its released so you have to wait 3 or 4 days to get it?[/QUOTE]

Yea, I wonder the same thing. I added NCAA to my cart and went through to see the shipping options. It said the game would arrive on July 13th which is the street date. It said shipping was under a dollar too. I'm not sure you are getting any guarantee that it is showing up on release date though like you do with amazon.

I'd prefer to wait for Amazon to match it and get it on release date since I have prime, but if I knew that others have received pre-orders on release day via WalMart, I'd consider picking this up from them. With Amazon offering $10 plus a fathead I wonder if that will stop them from upping the credit to $20?

[quote name='kevgret']2) the $20 gift card is good for online and in store.[/QUOTE]Actually egifft card is good for walmart.com only.

And I had a huge pain in the ass redeeming the one I got for RDR.. Not sure if I would ever shop online again. (I'm sure I would when the deal is right... but I would rather have amazon match.)

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Actually egifft card is good for walmart.com only.

And I had a huge pain in the ass redeeming the one I got for RDR.. Not sure if I would ever shop online again. (I'm sure I would when the deal is right... but I would rather have amazon match.)[/QUOTE]

I used a $20 ecard to purchase a gift card which was mailed to me. I then used the gift card in the store.

Kevin

Wow, if Amazon matches that $20 on Metroid: Other M I'll definitely have to pick it up, wasn't going to before because I've never played a Metroid game. Looks cool though.

[quote name='kevgret']I used a $20 ecard to purchase a gift card which was mailed to me. I then used the gift card in the store.[/QUOTE]Certainly works but you should probably make mention of the extra step you had to take for those wanting to follow your example. :)

[quote name='AnubisRW']Just curious about Walmarts pre-orders, do you get the game shipped to you roughly around the time you would be able to pick it up in any store, or do they ship it the day its released so you have to wait 3 or 4 days to get it?[/QUOTE]

My experience has been been fine for me, I picked up both MAG & BFBC2 from walmart, MAG showed up 2 days after, but BFBC2 showed up the next morning after launch

bread's done
Back