Walmart.com pre-order E-Gift Card on Mario Galaxy 2/Halo Reach/More

ShockandAww

CAGiversary!
Feedback
110 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
I went ahead and got the walmart deal for SMG2. Used Bing Cashback (search for walmart bedding). So really I'm only paying a couple bucks for shipping vs amazon.

Going to preorder SMG2, Madden 11, and Halo Reach from WalMart and then flip it back to Amazon when I'm done with them. Should break even and might make some money. Amazon should really match Walmart's e-gift card. Amazon GC instead of Game credit. I hate having my credits sitting around close to the expiration and then pulling the trigger on something I don't want.

I put in my order and used my DC (not enough funds to cover the game though) and they rejected my card. Looks like they are charging for the game first or at least trying to validate the 65 bucks

Anyone else notice that on Reach Wal-Mart is offering "release day delivery"? And they don't indicate you need to use site-to-store or 1-day shipping, so I did standard delivery and hope they will make good on their offer.

Used the $20 card from Reach to pre-order Madden, and thinking of using the Madden card to order Heavy Rain. Just not sure if I really need that game or not...

[quote name='coffeerox']I put in my order and used my DC (not enough funds to cover the game though) and they rejected my card. Looks like they are charging for the game first or at least trying to validate the 65 bucks[/QUOTE]

They charge for the gift card immediately. Maybe that's your problem. Or they may do a validation on the total price, but they only charge for the gift card immediately.

[quote name='merkman']Anyone else notice that on Reach Wal-Mart is offering "release day delivery"? And they don't indicate you need to use site-to-store or 1-day shipping, so I did standard delivery and hope they will make good on their offer.

Used the $20 card from Reach to pre-order Madden, and thinking of using the Madden card to order Heavy Rain. Just not sure if I really need that game or not...[/QUOTE]

I saw that also! i pre-ordered also, but guaranteed street date delivery is siccck!!! nice!:applause:

I'm still thinking of going with walmart for a SMG2 pre-order even though amazon matched that, since I can then use that $20 GC to pre-order Blur and get another $10 gift card for something else. That's better then amazon with no GC for blur and all GCs coming some time after the game ships. Also the current 5% bing cashback for walmart covers a little more then the tax since I'm only taxed on the balance and not the gift cards. They are offering free site-to-store now (weren't yesterday), but not free delivery to home. Site-to-store is OK - I'm not in a big hurry to get the games once released. It is less convenient, though.

[quote name='megaman187']I saw that also! i pre-ordered also, but guaranteed street date delivery is siccck!!! nice!:applause:[/QUOTE]

what does your order status page show though? Mine says;

"Your order is being processed. It is estimated to arrive between Wednesday, 09/29/2010 and Friday, 10/01/2010."

Seems like if it was street date delivery, it would just say one date, which would most likely be a Tuesday since that's when most things get released. But perhaps I'm just nitpicking at it.

SO I did ok.

Ordered MG2 (Its the cheapest game with the 20 card) Paid with PP
Ordered Reach, used eGC (Note you cannot use PP for the remainder if you use a GC) $45 charged.
Ordered Madden11 Ordered Reach, used eGC (Note you cannot use PP for the remainder if you use a GC) $45 charged.
Last I found 4000 points for $43. Used GC and site to store for free shipping. Total $23.24

So I rang in around $168.74 for 3 games and 4000 points shipped.

[quote name='jhferry']SO I did ok.

Ordered MG2 (Its the cheapest game with the 20 card) Paid with PP
Ordered Reach, used eGC (Note you cannot use PP for the remainder if you use a GC) $45 charged.
Ordered Madden11 Ordered Reach, used eGC (Note you cannot use PP for the remainder if you use a GC) $45 charged.
Last I found 4000 points for $43. Used GC and site to store for free shipping. Total $23.24

So I rang in around $168.74 for 3 games and 4000 points shipped.[/QUOTE]

Hmm thanks didn't know you could not use paypal along with the GCs.

[quote name='kidrocklive']what does your order status page show though? Mine says;

"Your order is being processed. It is estimated to arrive between Wednesday, 09/29/2010 and Friday, 10/01/2010."

Seems like if it was street date delivery, it would just say one date, which would most likely be a Tuesday since that's when most things get released. But perhaps I'm just nitpicking at it.[/QUOTE]

i got the same window, but im hoping that we still get it on the street date whenever that is. LOL...hmmmm fingers crossed!

I just came to post on the date as well, that does not look good. Seems like they put that street date thing there to get everyone to order. You probably had to pick the best shipping to get that. Is there even an official release date yet?

[quote name='KhrevalBruuk']It's actually in a couple of places.

There's the stickied thread at the top of the forum for Amazon: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238099&highlight=mario+galaxy

...and a Wal-Mart specific thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256140&highlight=mario+galaxy

But if nothing else, thanks for posting. Personally, I'd like to hear about a great deal twice than not at all.[/QUOTE]
AHHHHH! There you go, I guess my searching skills have alot to be desired. I stand corrected :) im always slow to stumble across the good deals!

[quote name='KhrevalBruuk']But if nothing else, thanks for posting. Personally, I'd like to hear about a great deal twice than not at all.[/QUOTE]

:applause::applause::applause:

Quick question guys,
How can I cancel my preordered smg2 on walmart? Can I return it to the store for full refund? Thanks in advance

[quote name='coolrust']Quick question guys,
How can I cancel my preordered smg2 on walmart? Can I return it to the store for full refund? Thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

I don't know how you can cancel it. Is there an option to do so? If not you'd probably have to email/call and hope they'll do it for you. I had a GOW3 UE pre ordered and tried to cancel and got shot down by email. The next day though it was canceled.

And yes you can return it to the store for a full refund. Just keep everything it comes with and take it back to any Walmart.

thanks,
hopefully they won't charge me for the 20 dollar gift card they gave me, I don't need it and they can take it back.

[quote name='coolrust']thanks,
hopefully they won't charge me for the 20 dollar gift card they gave me, I don't need it and they can take it back.[/QUOTE]

You were already charged for the gift card and I'm pretty sure you can't return it.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Added Super Street Fighter IV - $10 E-GC[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, I had this preordered from the Walmart 20% BCB days. Reckon I'll see if they'll tack on the $10 egc too.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Added Super Street Fighter IV - $10 E-GC[/QUOTE]

nice, i expect amazon to have it tommorrow

Oh snap, I might have to preorder then. Use my 42.xx in credit.

I have a question guys, how quick does walmart ship out? I would much rather buy the game on release day, but for a 20 dollar GC + using my 42 dollars in credit already is a pretty good deal.

[quote name='Supreme']Red Dead Redemption has a $20 gift card right now. Hopefully Amazon matches it.[/QUOTE]
Oh god please Amazon, read this and do what this man says :p

walmart's free shipping is comparable to amazon's free shipping right?

I went ahead and ordered it anyway. Not like I'm going to order from amazon, not with 42.xx in walmart credit. The only sucky part is having to wait to get it in the mail, but that's worth a 20 dollar GC to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Supreme']Red Dead Redemption has a $20 gift card right now. Hopefully Amazon matches it.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks. Hopefully Amazon matches.

Singularity's egift card is up to $20 now by the by, and now that they've announced that you'll get a free copy of Prototype with purchase that might be just enough to bite at launch.

[quote name='handsomepete']Singularity's egift card is up to $20 now by the by, and now that they've announced that you'll get a free copy of Prototype with purchase that might be just enough to bite at launch.[/QUOTE]

Cool thanks. They must be updating it now since I just checked Singularity a few minutes ago and it was $10.

I have a 50$ gift card to walmart, is there a way I can only use some of it on the purchase for this and pay the rest another way?

Yes you can pay part of the total with a gift card, I have done it before with a $10 gift card and paid the remainder with another type of payment.

- Jason

I just pre-ordered Call of Duty: Black Ops, Halo Reach and Mario Galaxy 2 from Amazon.

I also pre-ordered Madden 2011 from Wal-Mart. I wish Amazon had matched the $20 credit from Wal-Mart. I hate supporting the evil empire, but a great deal is a great deal.

[quote name='Randolph4233']I just pre-ordered Call of Duty: Black Ops, Halo Reach and Mario Galaxy 2 from Amazon.

I also pre-ordered Madden 2011 from Wal-Mart. I wish Amazon had matched the $20 credit from Wal-Mart. I hate supporting the evil empire, but a great deal is a great deal.[/QUOTE]

um..amazon did match the madden deal..for a few months now

Not the greatest story ever. But when I preordered Red Dead shipping was 2.47 and now it's free shipping. Well I emailed Walmart to get reimbursed for the shipping and they did it. It only ended up being like 2.60 but I thought it was kindof cool.

bread's done
Back