Walmart.com sent 2 copies of Arkham City

megamanx

CAGiversary!
I preordered Batman: Arkham City on walmart.com so I can get Arkham Asylum for free. When I got home on tuesday there were 2 packages at my door. Inside the first package was Arkham city, with Arkham asylum. Inside the second package was the exact same thing. I inspected the invoices in each package and they were both the same. I was not charged twice. I guess it must have been my lucky day. Has anybody else experienced this error or am I the only one?

[quote name='AugustAPC']That other one is mine. I must have dropped it. PM me for my mailing address, thanks.[/QUOTE]

That makes sense. PM sent I will next day air it.

I hope you don't get charged for the second one later on. Otherwise, that's pretty awesome! Also, in before someone telling you to return it like a good CAG.

[quote name='CaoPi']you guys sicken me[/QUOTE]

The morality here is definitely questionable. However, I can see Walmart requiring you to pay the return shipping even if you did contact them and tell them the truth. They'd say, please ship it back or we will charge you for it. You might want to just walk into your local walmart and talk to someone about it, if you decide to go the honest route.

yeah i'd contact them and tell them it's their error, if they want it shipped back it needs to be refunded from the purchase price or send a pre-paid label.

They might just say screw it and let you keep it. I'd contact them though.

[quote name='jer7583']

They might just say screw it and let you keep it. I'd contact them though.[/QUOTE]

I've had that happen to me, got 2 copies of a game I ordered from Buy.com and notified them of the error and they told me to keep it. But that was a $20 game so...

I have heard similar stories about dvds and games from other retailers such as amazon.com, usually they just tell the customer to keep the extra item as it would be more costly for them to pay the shipping and any restocking fees, plus having to pay their employees to straighten out the problem. In the end it is less of a headache for them to just let you keep the extra item.

I would give them a call or talk to an online agent to see what they want you to do, this way you can keep your karma clear.

[quote name='Vampire_Zio']I have heard similar stories about dvds and games from other retailers such as amazon.com, usually they just tell the customer to keep the extra item as it would be more costly for them to pay the shipping and any restocking fees, plus having to pay their employees to straighten out the problem. In the end it is less of a headache for them to just let you keep the extra item.

I would give them a call or talk to an online agent to see what they want you to do, this way you can keep your karma clear.[/QUOTE]

I have +1 karma right now. So i'll keep the game and go back to my usual 0 karma. Also walmart can afford to lose a few dollars.

Why does everyone decide that moral flexibility works only in their favor against a large company?

What if it was an empty box or some other issue that wasn't in your favor, though for all intents and purposes it looked like it was shipped OK on their end? I'm pretty sure you'd be on the phone immediately to get a replacement copy, even if there was no sign to them you were out the item, because it looked like it shipped without any issue.

It works both ways after all.

I ordered an exercise bike from Amazon last December. I got 2 emails a couple days after. 1 saying it shipped and would be there in 5 days and another saying my return was received and I would be refunded. The bike showed up later that night. I waited a few days and sure enough amazon refunded me the entire balance. I called them up and spent 10 minutes trying to explain to the Indian lady that they refunded me for something I didn't return. She kept thinking I wanted to return it. She finally said she would charge me again (and did). I felt better because I didn't feel like I stole the bike but if it happens again I'm not going to waste my time calling them and trying to explain the situation 20 times. I will send them one email and be done with it.

As an aside, my mom (different state) got a double shipment from Amazon last December too on a large kitchen aid mixer. I think during the Holidays they send orders to multiple shipping centers in a rush to have the package make it to you as quick as possible and some times both packages make it out the door.

I remember back when Advent Rising came out on the old Xbox and it was supposed to have a million dollar in game contest. The awesome game didn't sell so well though, so they cancelled the contest and decided to give everyone that had bought the game in the first couple weeks two free games. I sent the stuff in, got my free Psychonauts and Second Sight in the mail a couple weeks later. Surprizingly, about 3 days after getting them, I got ANOTHER package with those two games in it again. I thought I would go the honest route, called them, explained it and they said "Well....just keep them"....guess what I got a week later? ANOTHER package with those 2 games in it. Hell, I loved Advent Rising anyways, but getting 6 free games with the purchase was just icing on the cake!

I'd definitely email them back and see what they wanted to do. The one time that's ever happened to me (via Amazon), they just told me to keep the second game.

bread's done
Back