Walmart.com: Skylanders Drill Sergeant NEW Red Limited Edition $10.97 (with SH & Tax)

So the description says that it can only be leveled up to 5? Is it supposed to say that it comes pre-leveled to 5 w/ the in game currency?

This is lame at this point. No, the character comes pre-leveled up to 5, and with some in game currency as well. That's the same approach as the 'blue bash' that is exclusive to ToysRus. Character looks identical as the regular character (in-game), except for the level.
Activision's level of greed knows no bounds at this point. Who hasn't finished this game? Move on to promoting Giants and give it a rest already.

[quote name='dragonjud'] Who hasn't finished this game? Move on to promoting Giants and give it a rest already.[/QUOTE]

Guess they have to milk the old one for all they can BEFORE Giants comes out.

[quote name='dragonjud']This is lame at this point. No, the character comes pre-leveled up to 5, and with some in game currency as well. That's the same approach as the 'blue bash' that is exclusive to ToysRus. Character looks identical as the regular character (in-game), except for the level.
Activision's level of greed knows no bounds at this point. Who hasn't finished this game? Move on to promoting Giants and give it a rest already.[/QUOTE]

I haven't finished it yet and may not for another year or so.

I do agree that this is a little stupid though.

Guys, this ISN'T new. It's at least 2 months old. The red ones were out BEFORE Dragons Peak. They might be into full swing now on ads but the let's all jump onto bashing activision thing is getting old.

[quote name='IkedaTeramusa']Guys, this ISN'T new. It's at least 2 months old. The red ones were out BEFORE Dragons Peak. They might be into full swing now on ads but the let's all jump onto bashing activision thing is getting old.[/QUOTE]

2 months old? I don't think these started showing up in stores until around the middle of June. The earliest eBay auction for one ended on June 18th.

[quote name='shipwreck']2 months old? I don't think these started showing up in stores until around the middle of June. The earliest eBay auction for one ended on June 18th.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it was only about 2 months ago that Drill Sargeant stopped being exclusive to Walmart, right? Maybe 3 months.

Anyway, I ordered one for delivery at a Fedex Office location (free shipping). We'll see how that goes. There's more of those around me than Walmarts.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Forget these color variants, I just want a damn Wham-Shell. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Wham-Shell was available on Amazon for several hours a few different times on Thursday. I was surprised how long they lasted in stock, actually. It should be easier to get fairly soon.

Plenty of them in-store and for $8.96, too. Hell, there are plenty of Wham-bam and Camo or whatever the hell those supposed "rare" ones. The fad is dying.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Plenty of them in-store and for $8.96, too. Hell, there are plenty of Wham-bam and Camo or whatever the hell those supposed "rare" ones. The fad is dying.[/QUOTE]

"Wham-bam" is still selling for a premium, so not sure if you actually saw that ;). All the rest are easy to find.

But I almost never go to Walmart (there aren't any that close to me) so getting this exclusive in store is pretty much not going to happen for me. And besides, I have gone in a few times earlier on in the fad when CAGs would say their Walmarts were flooded with Skylanders - mine were always completely empty.

So If this shp to Fedex Office thing works, that is good enough for me. I'm not even sure I want this, but the kids would probably like it. I think they actually played Skylanders today for the first time in a long time.

bread's done
Back