Walmart Deals

airjordan23mj

CAG Veteran
Wal-mart is selling:

Batman Legacy Collection for $22.99 (DDD has it for $48.55)
All Disney Animated Movies for $9.86

I do not know if this is all Wal-Marts, but I thought they were really good prices. Might want to check your Wal-Mart next time you're there.

[quote name='airjordan23mj']I bought a bunch of Aladdin and Bambi. There were a few others like Alice in Wonderland, I forget some of the others.[/QUOTE]

what would you need "a bunch" for?

That is a great price for the Disney movies. I imagine someone would buy a bunch to sell on the Bay once these go "back in the vault".

[quote name='airjordan23mj']Wal-mart is selling:

I do not know if this is all Wal-Marts, but I thought they were really good prices. Might want to check your Wal-Mart next time you're there.[/QUOTE]

This could be extreme YMMV again, just like their video game deals...

I'm not going to get excited over 9.86 Aladdin until someone else can confirm this, espically since the website still has MSRP's on this.

[quote name='airjordan23mj']Exactly, Disney DVD's are great investments. Check eBay, OOP Disney DVD's go for around $30-50 each now, some even higher.[/QUOTE]

interesting.

[quote name='Roufuss']This could be extreme YMMV again, just like their video game deals...

I'm not going to get excited over 9.86 Aladdin until someone else can confirm this.[/QUOTE]

Doubt it is YMMV. Aladdin and other DVDs are also cheap (9.99?) in the Best Buy circular for next week as well. I would think this is a Disney "sponsored" price reduction as part of their anniversary celebration.

[quote name='Roufuss']This could be extreme YMMV again, just like their video game deals...

I'm not going to get excited over 9.86 Aladdin until someone else can confirm this, espically since the website still has MSRP's on this.[/QUOTE]

Umm, you know Aladdin (and several other Disney DVDs) will be $8.99 at Best Buy next week, right?

Edit: Beaten to it.

[quote name='alfonsosoriano']I'll have to check out my Walmart for that Batman set.[/QUOTE]

I wish i could convince every person who is considering buying this set to HOLD OFF. There are special editions coming for all of them. I've even read, i think over at DVDTalk, that Schumacher has been given a budget to recut Batman & Robin.

[quote name='guessed']Umm, you know Aladdin (and several other Disney DVDs) will be $8.99 at Best Buy next week, right?[/QUOTE]

Yea, I just read the thread.

I don't keep up much on DVD's, and the thread for this week isn't stickied, so it slipped my mind.

I can just hold out until Sunday then.

[quote name='guessed']Umm, you know Aladdin (and several other Disney DVDs) will be $8.99 at Best Buy next week, right?[/QUOTE]

Yea, I just read the thread.

I don't keep up much on DVD's, so it slipped my mind to check it since there's no future releases interesting me.

I can just hold out until Sunday then.

[quote name='sman113']I wish i could convince every person who is considering buying this set to HOLD OFF. There are special editions coming for all of them. I've even read, i think over at DVDTalk, that Schumacher has been given a budget to recut Batman & Robin.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know they are rereleasing them, but I'm looking for these movies cheap. When this set comes out it's going to cost to much for me to want to buy.

[quote name='alfonsosoriano']Yeah, I know they are rereleasing them, but I'm looking for these movies cheap. When this set comes out it's going to cost to much for me to want to buy.[/QUOTE]

I guess thats cool. I really want these flicks as well, but i just cant see myself paying (even if its only $25) for four crappy transfers and not one lick of extra feature. these came out right when DVD first began, in, what, 1997? I think I can hold off a few more months and pay the extra dough to get a quality transfer with quality features.

Is best buy going to offer all Disney DVD's at $8.99? The few threads I have seen only have a few Disney animations, one being Aladdin.

I am happy with the quality of the Batman movies, they look good to me!

From what I remember, Aladdin 2 and 3 came packaged together - wouldn't mind getting both for 10 bucks.

As much as I hate Wal-Mart, it might be worth it to drive down there.

I assume there was a sign up for the deal?

And Best Buy is only offering 6 movies at 8.99. 4 animations, 2 live action movies.

[quote name='airjordan23mj']There were no signs at all, just had low sticker prices on the Disney DVD's.[/QUOTE]

Nice, I will have to check it out.

Good looking out OP, but next time make the thread title something a bit more clear and descriptive.

I scoped it out, it's YMMV like I thought, all the Disney titles were 19.98 or whatever funky pricing system Wal-Mart uses.

[quote name='airjordan23mj']Wal-mart is selling:

I do not know if this is all Wal-Marts, but I thought they were really good prices. Might want to check your Wal-Mart next time you're there.[/QUOTE]

My Walmart is retarded. All animated movies for $14, including Disney, anime, etc...

They did, however, throw Seinfeld complete seasons in the 2 for $11 bin.

[quote name='sman113']I wish i could convince every person who is considering buying this set to HOLD OFF. There are special editions coming for all of them. I've even read, i think over at DVDTalk, that Schumacher has been given a budget to recut Batman & Robin.[/QUOTE]

I would much rather see the uncut version of "Batman Forever." IMDB lists a number of cuts done to the film that really would of added much to the film. Hopefully at least some of these cuts on the eventually SE will be included even if they are seperate from the film.

Trust me, I've been holding off for a LONG time for the SE versions. Looks like my patience is finally going to be rewarded. :D

[quote name='sman113']I guess thats cool. I really want these flicks as well, but i just cant see myself paying (even if its only $25) for four crappy transfers and not one lick of extra feature. these came out right when DVD first began, in, what, 1997? I think I can hold off a few more months and pay the extra dough to get a quality transfer with quality features.[/QUOTE]

Actually from coming from the early era of DVD they are actually very good looking. Yeah there are flaws in the transfer - there is occasional dirt on the print they used, and yeah the colors are a little weak but hey given the fact that of how long these have been out for they still look pretty good.

However, I'm waiting for the SEs myself. Just got the re-release for The Mask (Jim Carrey) and compared to the previous early days of DVD era release it looks MUCH better. Then again, just losing that pathetic P&S version alone helps out a LOT. :D

[quote name='Roufuss']From what I remember, Aladdin 2 and 3 came packaged together - wouldn't mind getting both for 10 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Confirmed at the Fridley, MN Wallyworld today that the Aladdin 2 and 3 pack is not part of this current sale. :cry:

[quote name='alfonsosoriano']I'll have to check out my Walmart for that Batman set.[/QUOTE]

For the love of GOD, DON'T DO IT! Why would you want to see the horrible crappiness that is Batman and Robin. UGH! George Clooney sucks and don't get started me on that Californian govenor.

I hate Walmart...

Anyways I was just there, bought candy, and near the cashiers they had a stand of $1 DVDs, most of it was shit but I got Bugs Bunny for abuck. Only an hour long, but still.

bread's done
Back