Walmart DVD Deals - TV Sets

gregthomas77

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
I went into my local Walmart today, and they had all of the following DVD sets for 14.44.

King of the Hill Season 1
Futurama Season 1
Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 1
NYPD Blue Season 1
Dark Angel Season 1
Harsh Realm (?) Season 1

There were a few more, but I don't remember. I picked up Futurama, and am gonna go back tommorrow for King of the Hill.

What part of the country did you pick these up gregthomas77? I'd love to pick up just King of the Hill since I already own the Dark Angel Season 1 but Walmart's deals tend to be the most YMMV of any store.

[quote name='DX']This was a special buy for WM from Fox.All WM's should have these in a shipper display.[/QUOTE]

Hey DX, since you are in the know, are there any more sets that are supposed to be included in this sale that maybe my Walmart just didn't have out yet?

So wait, is this going to be nationwide and all Fox DVDs? Someone with a Wal-Mart near them who goes there check it out. I already got Futurama for $15 from another sale, but if it's all Fox Season 1 DVDs I'd pick up a couple other sets.

Ill have to check out my local WalMart tomorrow... would love to get Dark Angel
(seeing as I have all the animated ones listed)

That's awesome. Also, don't know if this has been posted anywhere else (it's not the FOX DVD thing) but I saw Penn & Teller's BullShit! seasons 1 and 2 for thirty bucks in a package at Wal-Mart in Houston last week.

[quote name='gregthomas77']Hey DX, since you are in the know, are there any more sets that are supposed to be included in this sale that maybe my Walmart just didn't have out yet?[/QUOTE]

Not dure.I just saw the shipper when we received it last night.Ill check tomorrow.

[quote name='the_gloaming']That's awesome. Also, don't know if this has been posted anywhere else (it's not the FOX DVD thing) but I saw Penn & Teller's BullShit! seasons 1 and 2 for thirty bucks in a package at Wal-Mart in Houston last week.[/QUOTE]

No fair! I have been searching for that, and I've had no luck at all. I've checked 8 WalMarts in 3 states (Indiana, Kentucky, and Tennessee).

My local Walmart had these, almost bought King Of The Hill, but realized that it wasn't a pay week. They also had Malcolm In The Middle pictured, but mine was out of that and Futurerama already.

[quote name='DX']This was a special buy for WM from Fox.All WM's should have these in a shipper display.[/QUOTE]

Awesome news DX. Thanks for keeping us in the know. Now I definitely will probably be getting King of the Hill and maybe Buffy if I feel like it. Any idea on how long the se prices will stay? Or is it just until they sellout?

[quote name='Sarang01']wonders why no one is picking up Buffy like he is.[/QUOTE]

I would but I already own the whole series. I might check this out tonight and pick up Futurama. Thanks OP.

Yea! My wife picked me up King of the Hill on the way home from a Tupperware party. Has anyone found any other sets other than the ones I originally listed?

Harsh Realm is the whole series as it ended early. i had my eye on that one for a while. It is $30 or so at Best Buy which is too much for a series that got mediocre reviews. For $14.44 though, I'll bite.

Just picked up Futurama :D Thank you very much OP!
Oh, and FYI, they had some nice clearance games there too. Very YMMV I expect, but I remember:
Kelly Slater's Pro Surfer (GC) $5
Run Like Hell (Xbox) $7
Hitman Contracts (Xbox) $5
LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring (Xbox) $5
LOTR: Two Towers (Xbox-Platinum Hits) $5
MOH: Frontline (Xbox-Platinum Hits) $5
Plus a bunch of 2003 or 4 EA sports games for $5, plus a few other random Xbox games (and at least one GC) for $5-$7 each. Might be worth checking out if you go. This was at the Brooklyn Park, MN Wal Mart, by the way. I didn't pick up anything, but I may go back this weekend and get Kelly Slater & Contracts.

All the wal marts around Austin claim to not carry the Futurama sets. Has anyone around here had any luck finding the season 1 set?

I went to 2 wal-marts in my area and there wasnt the slightest hint of a sale going on and as usual the electronics workers had their heads up their ass. All i ask is that if you work a dept, know about the dept products.....i worked at wal-mart once and ill vouch that higher ups dont always tell the groundlings whats going on etc etc but why have someone working in say hardware that doesnt know what a claw hammer is? sorry for the OT rant.

[quote name='leckerkase']All the wal marts around Austin claim to not carry the Futurama sets. Has anyone around here had any luck finding the season 1 set?[/QUOTE]

I tried looking at the on south 35 next to sam's and the one in bastrop with no luck whatsoever...if i find anything ill snag you an extra..pm me whatcha looking for.

Finally went back to my local Walmart, no Futurama on the display rack, however, I went into the DVD section and found it on the shelf where it normally sits. I took it to one of those price scanner things, and it did ring up for the correct price.

bread's done
Back