Walmart email canceling SNES classic preorder

I received a cancellation email from Walmart but also received a date change email. I had 2 separate orders on 2 separate cards. The second email is the update to pre order release date.

I received a cancellation email from Walmart but also received a date change email. I had 2 separate orders on 2 separate cards. The second email is the update to pre order release date.
Same here.

It's not naïve to hope that if no one takes pre-orders, it'll be harder for people to hoard them, is it?

mjl.gif

The hell does this mean.

Status update!
Your preorder date has changed.
Hello,
We wanted to let your know that your preorder item release date has changed. The updated release date is 09/29/2017.
Please review your order details below.
We're sorry if this date change is an inconvenience. The product manufacturer controls the release date for this product and we'll ship it to you as quickly as we can once it's released.
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center. Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is unmonitored.
-Your Walmart Customer Care Team
Order number:
Order date: Fri, Jul 21, 2017

Ships from Walmart

Arrives by: Fri, Sep 29
We'll send an email with tracking info when your order ships.
Shipping to:

Item Qty Total
Super Nintendo Entertainment System, Classic Edition
$79.99 2 $159.98
Items may arrive in multiple boxes on different days.

let me know what part of this topic is a videogame deal and not a shopping discussion, thanks bud!

here's the appropriate thread for people https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/363425-snes-classic-thread/
You complaining about this not being a deal is not a deal. Off-topic!

It's extremely relevant information for those of us who are waiting for preorders to go live. Extreme relevance overrides "not a deal" complaints. *shrugs*

You complaining about this not being a deal is not a deal. Off-topic!

It's extremely relevant information for those of us who are waiting for preorders to go live. Extreme relevance overrides "not a deal" complaints. *shrugs*
The point is that the thread already exists, you have been here 13 years do you not understand there are other parts to this board?

Got the cancellation email but my order still says processing. Reminds me of the Tekken 7 pre order boo boo they made..I got the cancellation email but it took them a day to remove it from my account..did get a nice 10 dollar gift card for the trouble
Same thing happened to me with tekken 7 staying on order, but I never got a gift card like they promised!! Waaaahh!! :cry: :bomb:

I got a cancellation e-mail but also

Status update!
Your preorder date has changed.
Hello ,
We wanted to let your know that your preorder item release date has changed. The updated release date is 09/29/2017.
Please review your order details below.
We're sorry if this date change is an inconvenience. The product manufacturer controls the release date for this product and we'll ship it to you as quickly as we can once it's released.
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center. Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is unmonitored.
-Your Walmart Customer Care Team

Got both the cancellation email and the update preorder date change email. The date change email arrived an hour after cancellation email. I order two (two seperate orders). Cancellation email did not reference a order number, date change email did.

The point is that the thread already exists, you have been here 13 years do you not understand there are other parts to this board?
The fact that I've been here so long means I know the other forums on this site are basically ghost towns compared to the VG Deals forum. Anything particularly relevant to CAGers is going to be best served in the main board. The mods are good enough to move it out after a bit (like now), so that it doesn't clutter the main board. If you want people to actually see a thread, though, posting it anywhere but the VG Deals forum is going to be less than optimal.

Also got an order status update email saying 9/29/17 delivery after my cancellation email. Order is still alive under order status. Not holding my breath.

I got the email, but my order hasn't been canceled on the site yet. I am confident that it will be though. What really irks me about this situation is that Wal-Mart is not offering any of us any sort of compensation to try to save face. I remember a similar issue with the New 3DS when it came out, I had a Majora's Mask Edition pre-ordered and it was canceled by Best Buy. They gave me $50 in credit for the mistake, it sucked but I was at least able to get a black N3DSXL and for $50 off. Wal-Mart can't even offer us a $10 or $20 gift card for the mistake, I could care less what they offer me, but the gesture would certainly put a better taste in my mouth than the half-assed email they sent out basically saying "Sorry we screwed up! Try again on launch day though!"

I even called customer service to try to see if they could offer anything or explain to me why they canceled every pre-order despite the fact that they are planning on running pre-orders in the future? They just continued to apologize and basically quote the email and flat out said they are not offering any compensation. 

I got the email, but my order hasn't been canceled on the site yet. I am confident that it will be though. What really irks me about this situation is that Wal-Mart is not offering any of us any sort of compensation to try to save face. I remember a similar issue with the New 3DS when it came out, I had a Majora's Mask Edition pre-ordered and it was canceled by Best Buy. They gave me $50 in credit for the mistake, it sucked but I was at least able to get a black N3DSXL and for $50 off. Wal-Mart can't even offer us a $10 or $20 gift card for the mistake, I could care less what they offer me, but the gesture would certainly put a better taste in my mouth than the half-assed email they sent out basically saying "Sorry we screwed up! Try again on launch day though!"

I even called customer service to try to see if they could offer anything or explain to me why they canceled every pre-order despite the fact that they are planning on running pre-orders in the future? They just continued to apologize and basically quote the email and flat out said they are not offering any compensation.
Seriously, man - think of how walmart would pay for giving you that compensation?

They'd probably have to go lay off some greeters or rollback the wages even more for those workers they work to death at $5/hour.

Then again, who cares who gets screwed as long as I get mine, right? fuck everyone else!

Let 'em all die like the pathetic, uneducated losers they are.

Last edited by a moderator:
In for 10. Hoping for end-of-month stealth bump to flip these things for $$$$$!

I felt a wave of anxiety pass when I snagged a preorder of this. I felt like I no longer needed to set up my phone to make a chime every time I get an email to make SURE I got a preorder in. I felt like I was off the hook from standing out in the cold hours before release. God damnit Nintendo. I want to love you, but you make it so very hard.

Mine order was updated with new release delivery date of September 29. I received the email this evening.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

My email said:

Would you like us to refund your money and cancel the order or receive the product?

I asked them to please cancel it. Got 15 of the genesis systems instead.

and it's already moved so are you sure you aren't reaperztRoll. Didn't get a chance to pre-order one so wasn't hit by this, but basically confirms the SNES classic is going to once again be a total shiat show to get a hold of, hooray

Ok, I just got an email with the cancellation message. 1 hour later I got 2 updates from Walmart on updated shipping dates. Strange.

I felt a wave of anxiety pass when I snagged a preorder of this. I felt like I no longer needed to set up my phone to make a chime every time I get an email to make SURE I got a preorder in. I felt like I was off the hook from standing out in the cold hours before release. God damnit Nintendo. I want to love you, but you make it so very hard.
Just don't buy one at all. Anxiety over.

Just don't buy one at all. Anxiety over.
Yup, that's what i'm doing. I always get a laugh from the idiots who are always willing to get fucked by nintendo over and over again by these shit transparent practices, and yet always stand to defend them.

Well gladly keep getting fucked.

fuck nintendo and this fuckn shit.

I mean this sincerely if you are that upset that your order was canceled just don't shop there anymore. I don't think Walmart will miss the few people as upset as you. They already know you will go back and/or they don't care. I realize that it is disappointing to miss out on what you thought you had. It looks bad on Walmart, But I have never understood why a canceled or wrongly listed order deserves compensation if that was all that it was. If they charged you and had money tied up for a few weeks or didn't deliver the product you ordered I would understand. But an order that only cost a few minutes isn't worth being that upset over.

Truth be told everyone that is upset that their order was killed will try again regardless of the retailer when they come up again. (me included)You may have less faith that it will arrive but just like gamestop bundles they will sell a truckload of them on high demand items because someone wants it that bad.

Either way I hope you are lucky with a different order and you can find an SNES classic this year.

So what does that second e-mail about the "updated release date" mean exactly? Because we all know that the actual release date is going to be Sep. 29th anyway. So is this just their way of saying try pre-ordering again on or around the 29th?

Sorry about the wrong thread man. I got the email and flipped out and wanted to make a thread about it to see if others got canceled.

I ordered one for me and one for my brother like I did when i got the NES classic so I was concerned they pulled my order because of 2 systems.

I didn't think about what thread i was in. It's moved now so we are all good. Next time I'll be sure to be careful so you guys don't come after my head. There is really no need to fight about it. It was an honest mistake, just chill out.

LOL Just got a second cancellation email from Walmart (only ordered one SNES mini).  Earlier I got the "about your SNES order" email that everyone else got; now I got the "Items from your order have been cancelled" email.

So, for everyone who's order was still in processing earlier, or who got updated shipping estimates, check again.  Seems like every single order will be cancelled whether it seems so or not.

Stay tuned for the cancellation email even if you received the date change. Nintendo is more to blame than Wally Word. The blame is 1A and 1B.

Hilarious how Walmart was quick to cancel my SNES Classic Pre-order but have yet to cancel a pre-order of a game I placed over a week ago. Literally its been on "Cancellation Requested" for more than a week and its still not canceled. 

I guess Walmart just wanted to give their own Scalper employees a head start this time on SNES Classic pre-orders and people who use bots to place orders when they go live again. 

Love all the complaining whiners on here about walmart like its some triple A retailer that values customer service. This is a company that actively is trying to pass laws that strip worker rights and benefits all in the name of delivering the cheapest prices while paying its employees shit.

And people are stunned walmart doesn't give two shits about them.

Lol- fucking imbeciles. Remember y'all get what you pay for, and what you deserve.

bread's done
Back