Walmart: Free Max Payne 1 download with purchase of Max Payne 3 (PS3 & X360)

It's for 360 too. Sticker says first week/launch promo or something along those lines, but these copies will stay on shelves until they are bought out. OP you might want to add 360 to title. Probably best offer now unless you find another giftcard w/ purchase offer like the pre-order promos.

Hmm, I know that Max Payne was recently released as a PSN download, but I don't see that there is a Xbox version available. I went to the Xbox website and only saw a link to a Windows version.

Perhaps I was mistaken and thought (for the PS3) you got a download code for the PS2 version. It could be a download code for the Windows version. I wish I knew more about this promotion.

Max Payne on XBLA is 1200 MSP; marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Max-Payne/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8025454084c. Wasn't too hard to find. Also Max Payne 2 available for 1200 MSP.

[quote name='neudog']Max Payne on XBLA is 1200 MSP; marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Max-Payne/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8025454084c. Wasn't too hard to find. Also Max Payne 2 available for 1200 MSP.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update.

[quote name='immanewb']Thought Target had a better offer: free GTA IV with MP3 (http://imgur.com/a/zlcuh).

May be YMMV, but worth a shot if you don't have GTA IV.[/QUOTE]

I think that is a better offer too, but I think anyone buying Max Payne is likely to already own GTA4, plus this is the original version not the complete one FYI...

On a slightly off topic note, I rented Max Payne from Redbox. Granted, I only got through Ch. IV but here are my impressions:

-this game is surprisingly difficult; the reviews were right, there are some sections that pepper you with tangos and very limited ammo and pills where you have no choice but to do die/reload trial and error

-the presentation and the production values are amazing but it does suffer from some Kojima-itis (long, unnecessary, flow-breaking cutscenes)

-I can't quite put my finger on it but something feels off about the shooting; the game gives you three levels of autoaim and none felt natural or precise; this also affects multiplayer in that the imprecise shooting hinders you against other people

-considering the short campaign (from what I've read, 8-10 hours), meh multiplayer, and Rockstar's Capcom-esque DLC scheme, this game is not worth the full $60 and I'd wait until the bargain bin or for the inevitable GOTY edition

so anyone got confirmation on what version/if its both? I lost my disc copy of the first game for the PC (still have the 2nd) and want to replay them before i play the 3rd. I wouldn't mind snagging this if you get the first with it.

Is it a code on the reciept? Or something in the case?

[quote name='Kenshindono']so anyone got confirmation on what version/if its both? I lost my disc copy of the first game for the PC (still have the 2nd) and want to replay them before i play the 3rd. I wouldn't mind snagging this if you get the first with it.

Is it a code on the reciept? Or something in the case?[/QUOTE]

It was on both versions (PS3/360) and was a code included in the box (there is a yellow sticker on the front of the box) and all of the stores around me still have them. Although it states they expired on 5/21/2012 though, so I don't know if they would still be valid on Xbox LIVE/PSN or not.

[quote name='immanewb']Thought Target had a better offer: free GTA IV with MP3 (http://imgur.com/a/zlcuh).

May be YMMV, but worth a shot if you don't have GTA IV.[/QUOTE]

THANKS! I have wanted Max Payne 3 and have played GTA4 in the past but traded it in.
Thanks again, they had both in the same package, just like your picture. Cool!

JJ

[quote name='edison']It was on both versions (PS3/360) and was a code included in the box (there is a yellow sticker on the front of the box) and all of the stores around me still have them. Although it states they expired on 5/21/2012 though, so I don't know if they would still be valid on Xbox LIVE/PSN or not.[/QUOTE]

so it expired the day before the game was released? ... wtf? I cant stand expirations on DLC codes, but thats especially lame

[quote name='Kenshindono']so it expired the day before the game was released? ... wtf? I cant stand expirations on DLC codes, but thats especially lame[/QUOTE]

Max Payne came out on the 15th the code was valid for "launch week".

bread's done
Back