walmart green monday deal on wii u

Im going to wait till next BF. Guessing it will be 199$ or 250$ then. tbh i am only interested in Mario, Zelda and a few other exclusives from Nintendo these days.

good deal. I'm loving my Wii U. I hope it gets a lot of support.

Edit: My bad I though it was a real Wiimote.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh dang nevermind looks like walmart was trying to trick me lol. thanks to you guys i will be waiting on buying a wii u for now. i am guessing it will go down in price in 2013

[quote name='jamesmckeephx']I thought wii u games were like 50 bucks and the black wii u was 350?[/QUOTE]

Games are $50-60, the Black Wii U is $350 (which is why choosing the Black one adds $50 to the price of the bundle).

[quote name='Deader2818']Why does everyone expect it to drop in price in less then a year? Because the 3DS did?[/QUOTE]

The ample supply of WiiU suggests that either this is not selling well or Nintendo has the supply worked out. If you believe that this is not selling well then it would suggest that Nintendo will need to lower the price soon like they did with the 3DS.

Why buy a bundle when you could just get the system by itself?
iconbestbuy.gif
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Nintend...Land/6775792.p?id=1218807628374&skuId=6775792
icongs_r1.gif
http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/consoles/nintendo-wii-u-32gb-deluxe-set/104794

I say wait it out. The online community on it is non-existence right now. I bought Fifa when it came out and I have only been able to get 1 online game with it so far. I do not like to play a lot of offline or SP games. I heard Ops has a decent community and I do plan on getting that next week, but all my friends and I play it on the 360 so I would personally wait if you are getting it to test it out online. Otherwise it is a pretty good system, just needs to work out the online aspect and have some form of matchmaking involved.

I'm going to wait at least until I see what MS has up their sleeve...which we should be getting some more info come January. I wouldn't have an issue finding one right now if I wanted one (just today my Wal Mart had about 5 white and 1 deluxe in stock) and I don't see that changing come January.

Not much of a deal. Wait it out until Mario, Metroid or other AAA tittle come to the system or there is a price drop.

[quote name='Damien_Wayne']Not much of a deal. Wait it out until Mario, Metroid or other AAA tittle come to the system or there is a price drop.[/QUOTE]

Your really not saving much, bundled together your only saving $20 and you can save that or more finding deals individually on games and wii motes.

This is a system I'm interested in buying but won't buy any time soon. The issue is its OS is buggy and Nintendo online now is what Xbox Live launched 10 years ago or PSN 6 years ago. Plus, there's the weak battery in the gamepad that requires it's own power brick to charge. Speaking of the gamepad, anyone ever wonder what will happen if that breaks? Not only there are no replacement gamepads to purchase, how much will it cost even if there is? Replacing a $50 controller is one thing but replacing a $200 gamepad is something I'm not willing to pay. Overall, the console needs a serious redesign (time to mature, WiiU Lite/XL?) to remedy all/most of the mentioned before I will buy one. Of course, this is just me. Others can think otherwise.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Terrible "deal" for something that is common everywhere.[/QUOTE]

People think they can pull the same bundle crap they did back in 2006. People are beating each other over the head to snag a Wii U like it was then. I never saw a Wii in stores for about a year. I was just at a best buy with two deluxe Wii U's yesterday. The economy isn't as good and it's just not that novel of a console, even with the tablet controller.

[quote name='Deader2818']Why does everyone expect it to drop in price in less then a year? Because the 3DS did?[/QUOTE]
That and next year they'll need to do something to compete with the PS4 and 720 and from early sale number it seems that the 360 and PS3 are outselling the Wii U at this point even with the Wii U just coming out, like sales after Black Friday was Nintendo selling out nearly all of their 440k units, compared to Microsoft and Sony selling about 700k each.

[quote name='htz']Why buy a bundle when you could just get the system by itself?[/QUOTE]

Because we AAAALLLLLLL bundle!

[youtube]2T8_4s3Y4jk[/youtube]

bread's done
Back