WalMart offering full refunds on Toshiba A2

luvmysegadc

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
This was posted elsewhere, but it looks like WalMart is giving full refunds on HDDVD players sold on or after November 1, 2007. There is a pdf form that suppose to confirm this (trying to find an official link and will post it ASAP). Deadline for return is April 30th, 2008.

Guess my A2 purchased on the pre-Black Friday sale is going back (I've already replaced it with an A35).

http://www.engadgethd.com/2008/04/07/wal-mart-offers-up-hd-dvd-returns/#comments

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB120742749977492469.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?threadid=785247

http://www.bigscreen.com/journal.php?id=1081

UPDATE: 04/10/2008

If for some reason your Wal-Mart won't help you initially, show them a copy of the PDF from the slickdeals web link above and ask for the Store Mgr on duty. Also, it's has been noted elsewhere that calling 1-800-WalMart, especially while in-store, should speed up the process.

Phone
To reach the Contact Center of Wal-Mart Stores, call 1-800-WALMART (1-800-925-6278), from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. (CT) Monday - Friday, from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. (CT) Saturday or from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. (CT) Sunday.

I have the copy of the one that I had originally returned in December '07 and the scanned photocopy of the UPC and receipt sent in for the 5 Free Movies. It's pretty sad that Wal-Mart doesn't make it a normal procedure to print rebate/gift receipts at the time of purchase like Target or Fry's. The store really only needs to see their bar code (located at the bottom of their receipt) and the UPC number that is to the right of any item you buy from WalMart. A bank statement showing the transaction will be helpful as well. If they give me any lip over it, I will be raising hell and read them the Riot Act.

I wonder what they'll do with the excess supplies.. I'd pick one up just to get a back up myself

I was there today, but they still wanted 17 bucks for their HD movies

[quote name='MrDubbs']I wonder what they'll do with the excess supplies.. I'd pick one up just to get a back up myself

I was there today, but they still wanted 17 bucks for their HD movies[/quote]

You think that's bad, my local CC still has about 20 HD-DVD leftover from last week's 50% off sale back to the regular MSRP.

[quote name='edzbsu']You think that's bad, my local CC still has about 20 HD-DVD leftover from last week's 50% off sale back to the regular MSRP.[/quote]

Sad thing is, there are people that will still pay it

Dang, I have everything(including the receipt) except for the UPC, which I just sent out for the rebate like a week ago. Guess I'll try anyways.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Dang, I have everything(including the receipt) except for the UPC, which I just sent out for the rebate like a week ago. Guess I'll try anyways.[/quote]

Some people over at SD say that as long as you have everything that came in the box, you should be OK. Hopefully for my dad's sake, this is true. I went over today during lunch to get his A2 to return, and he threw the box away.

Jawesome, not only did they give me a full refund but they cashed me out instead of just putting a credit on my card like every other company would do.

You really need to print out that PDF of the memo though, the employees had no clue about the deal and I wouldn't have gotten anywhere if I hadn't had that printout. Even then it took a good 15 minutes to decide to allow the refund since they were confused about the UPC being cut out. Luckily the electronics associate was able to allow it.

Hmmmmm I'm wondering If I should take mine back or not. Granted I no longer have the receipt. Can I just print out the Transaction from my Credit Card Company? Or can I have Walmart look up my receipt and hook me up?

Yeah, people over on Slickdeals have gotten both to work for them, although mostly they've been having luck with Wal-Mart looking up the original credit card transaction.

yeah the employee wouldnt accept it at first until i show the pdf of the memo.

even at that, the old lady wouldnt accept it because according to her, the serial number of the player should have been on the receipt and it wasnt, it only had the upc.

i spent a total of an hr there getting the damn return.

now if i can find one at CC for $50 or below.

i got my sister the A3 for xmas, it came with the usual 2free movies plus 5 more through the mail, but i got it during a sale where you got 5 more free movies in store. i told her about this today, and she went to go return it, after some time there she came back with the same A3 player plus $200+ cash back. it seems they sold it back to her at clerance price for like $75 minus associate discount.

so not a bad haul, $75 for an HD-DVD player with 12 free movies

[quote name='edzbsu']You think that's bad, my local CC still has about 20 HD-DVD leftover from last week's 50% off sale back to the regular MSRP.[/quote]
went back to my local CC and they had refilled the 50% off bins back to the rim! about 200 hd dvd's at least.. but they were msrp like you said.. i got them to PM their website last week on 2 different occasions and found out they were keeping new releases in a box behind the CS counter!! i just so happened to look down and saw transformers and american gangster and asked if i could have them also.. so i got them both at $9.99 each! So anyways, i went back and the bins were totally full and asked them of they were on sale, which they said no sales on them for this week, but the manager told me he was anticipating a 75% off sale this weekend to get rid of ALL of their hd dvd's!! dont know if this is CC wide, or just a local managers sale... but i do find it funny that they kept about a hundered hd dvd's out of the 50% off bin this weekend, and put them back in after the sale!! SOB's!! LOL I hope he is telling the truth and they have a 75% off sale this weekend!!!:pray:

Yes. as long as you have receipt. I took mine back last night. No box. Just the player and everything that was in the box. (remote/cables) They refunded in cash.

I wonder what they will do if you got free movies when you bought the player. We got one during one of the pre-black friday sales that came with 5 free movies. Will they deduct the price of the movies from your refund or will they only let you return the player if you take the movies back as well? I haven't read through the SlickDeals thread yet to see if anyone has already encountered this.

[quote name='MrDubbs']Sad thing is, there are people that will still pay it[/QUOTE]

Sadder thing is that the 50% of CC's prices was in the $15 dollar range for most. I'm surprised they moved at that price. :whistle2:O

Hmm...The Father in Law might be happy about this, but at the $100 price for an A2 for him its worth it still I would think.

NeoFrank, check your emails today. Amazon just offered me $50 off a future purchase.

Amazon.com Special Offer: $50 Off a Future Purchase

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

As someone who purchased an HD DVD player from us before February 23, 2008,* you might like to hear about a special offer available from Amazon.com.

New technologies don't always work out as planned. We at Amazon.com value our customer relationships more than anything and would like to support customers who purchased these players by offering a credit good for $50 off any products sold by Amazon.com.** Just use promotional code ****-******-****** when checking out. The code is valid through April 9, 2009, so you have plenty of time to use your credit. Purchases from third-party merchants on our site are not eligible.

In addition, we'd like to share some of our top offers on Blu-ray discs, HDTVs, and other high-def technology and remind you that the Amazon.com Marketplace is available to sell items you might not want anymore as you upgrade to new ones. Also be sure to check out our monthly Amazon.com Early Adopters Delivers e-mail to find out about the latest technology.

They don't even ask for anything back, pretty sweet.

Anyone have any idea if this applies for Canada as well. I sent an e-mail to them, but the reply was useless.

Oh, I did this last month....except I got 150 (gift card) and I only paid 90ish for it on that sale

So I must say that I broke good!

[quote name='DanDaMan069']went back to my local CC and they had refilled the 50% off bins back to the rim! about 200 hd dvd's at least.. but they were msrp like you said.. i got them to PM their website last week on 2 different occasions and found out they were keeping new releases in a box behind the CS counter!! i just so happened to look down and saw transformers and american gangster and asked if i could have them also.. so i got them both at $9.99 each! So anyways, i went back and the bins were totally full and asked them of they were on sale, which they said no sales on them for this week, but the manager told me he was anticipating a 75% off sale this weekend to get rid of ALL of their hd dvd's!! dont know if this is CC wide, or just a local managers sale... but i do find it funny that they kept about a hundered hd dvd's out of the 50% off bin this weekend, and put them back in after the sale!! SOB's!! LOL I hope he is telling the truth and they have a 75% off sale this weekend!!!:pray:[/quote]

Nice.:bouncy:

I've called three of the Wal-Marts in my area and not one has even heard of this! You'd like to think Wal-Mart would have their communication to all of the stores by now.

[quote name='IOWABERG']I've called three of the Wal-Marts in my area and not one has even heard of this! You'd like to think Wal-Mart would have their communication to all of the stores by now.[/quote]

Call 1-800-WALMART. If you give them the store number (or addresses) of the stores you called. They should help you get this resolved.

Phone
To reach the Contact Center of Wal-Mart Stores, call 1-800-WALMART (1-800-925-6278), from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. (CT) Monday - Friday, from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. (CT) Saturday or from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. (CT) Sunday.

[quote name='HuBu']yeah the employee wouldnt accept it at first until i show the pdf of the memo.

even at that, the old lady wouldnt accept it because according to her, the serial number of the player should have been on the receipt and it wasnt, it only had the upc.

i spent a total of an hr there getting the damn return.

now if i can find one at CC for $50 or below.[/quote]

Sadly, most Wal-Mart employees aren't very smart. Only the UPC appears on the receipt, not the serial number of a product purchased. I've had to point that out a few times before to store employees.

[quote name='Esoul']NeoFrank, check your emails today. Amazon just offered me $50 off a future purchase.

Amazon.com Special Offer: $50 Off a Future Purchase

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

As someone who purchased an HD DVD player from us before February 23, 2008,* you might like to hear about a special offer available from Amazon.com.

New technologies don't always work out as planned. We at Amazon.com value our customer relationships more than anything and would like to support customers who purchased these players by offering a credit good for $50 off any products sold by Amazon.com.** Just use promotional code ****-******-****** when checking out. The code is valid through April 9, 2009, so you have plenty of time to use your credit. Purchases from third-party merchants on our site are not eligible.

In addition, we'd like to share some of our top offers on Blu-ray discs, HDTVs, and other high-def technology and remind you that the Amazon.com Marketplace is available to sell items you might not want anymore as you upgrade to new ones. Also be sure to check out our monthly Amazon.com Early Adopters Delivers e-mail to find out about the latest technology.

They don't even ask for anything back, pretty sweet.[/quote]

hey buddy, that's nice and all but write your own thread;):roll:

I've read of multiple people on Slickdeals having success getting Wal-Mart to look up their transaction, but all of those people paid with credit/debit cards. A credit/debit card statement might help too.

Just got back from returning mine. It took 7 people, but they were collectively able to work it out. Plus, it does feel nice to have $200 in my pocket again.

Just completed my return (store in Fishers, IN.). To my surprise, it only took 1 person. She was already aware of the return, so I was done in 5 minutes. Cash in hand. Ready for the weekend!:applause::bouncy:\\:D/:beer::whee:

[quote name='edzbsu']Just completed my return (store in Fishers, IN.). To my surprise, it only took 1 person. She was already aware of the return, so I was done in 5 minutes. Cash in hand. Ready for the weekend!:applause::bouncy:\\:D/:beer::whee:[/quote]

I'm heading to the Fishers one myself. Hopefully the same person will be working.

Anyone having trouble because of lost receipts, just call this number. 479-277-2643. If you paid with a debit/credit card, they should be able to look up your transaction and email your receipt to you.

bread's done
Back