Walmart PSN Cards on Clearance - YMMV

Darkprime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Just got back from my local walmart in Dumfries, VA where I got a $50 PSN card for $40. They had tons of them, as well as $20 cards for $17.

0516090707.jpg

[quote name='moommoombaba']Dixon, CA has 10 $50 ones left along with a few $20 ones. no price tag on them but rang up $40/$17... Davis folks should head there b4 they are gone!
grabbed 2 $50 ones thanks!![/QUOTE]

Damn. I'm wondering if it'd be worth the drive to (hopefully) pick up a $50 card or two.

As of yesterday, they still have a ton of both types at the Kennesaw, GA WalMart (On 41, towards Acworth). All marked as full price, but will ring up at the clearance price.

[quote name='moommoombaba']Dixon, CA has 10 $50 ones left along with a few $20 ones. no price tag on them but rang up $40/$17... Davis folks should head there b4 they are gone!
grabbed 2 $50 ones thanks!![/QUOTE]

Went there this afternoon to pick up a few. They must've restocked, because they had about 50 of the $50 cards, and about 40 of the $20 cards.

Both located at the end of an aisle (with other PSP clearance items), marked with red tags, but no price (but the $50 cards still rang up for $40 and no tax).

Thanks OP/moommoombaba.

Yup, still $50 and $20.

Just to maybe clarify this, maybe these are older cards (I know sounds stupid).. the ones at my Walmart are the ones with Ratchet on it for Quest for Booty, but I've seen older ones advertising GT5.

[quote name='Boeing 747']Just to maybe clarify this, maybe these are older cards (I know sounds stupid).. the ones at my Walmart are the ones with Ratchet on it for Quest for Booty, but I've seen older ones advertising GT5.[/QUOTE]

I think that has more to do with location rather than how old they are. At least around here, only Best Buy has carried the GT5 cards, only Wal-Mart has carried the R&C cards, and everyone else has the Warhawk cards.

[quote name='Rockgamer']I think that has more to do with location rather than how old they are. At least around here, only Best Buy has carried the GT5 cards, only Wal-Mart has carried the R&C cards, and everyone else has the Warhawk cards.[/QUOTE]

Ahh ok.. there goes my theory.

I hit my local Super Walmart (Casselberry, FL on Semoran near Howell Branch near Orlando)- $20 cards were $20... :(

I needed one anyways, so I picked one up.

Porter Ranch suddenly has big "DNI - Do Not Inventory" labels taped to the $20 PSN card holder (along with lots of other stuff in electronics), anyone know if that's a sign they're about to go on clearance?

These prices are just not low enough. I'm spoiled by the blockbuster trade deals and the 360 points card deals at Target last summer ($5 for 1600pts).

Nashville area Wal-Mart locations:
Nolensville & Harding=reg. price
Franklin, TN=reg. price
Nolensville & Old Hickory=not sure..hopefully someone here can verify.

^^I actually changed mine to a place in California. Something I noticed though, you need to put in a real address or it won't let you finish the address change. Good thing for MapQuest.

The Easton, Pa walmart on Rt 248 are on clearance. They price tag doesnt say so (actually there was no price tag on the $20 ones.) I took the $50 one to the price scanner since finding a competent walmart employee is hard to come by. And sure enough it was $40. So I grabbed it.

This was about a week ago

[quote name='MSUHitman']You might want to read the Fat Princess thread in the PS3 forum before you blind purchase that game.[/QUOTE]

I got in on the beta, and it's kickass. Been playing it everyday.

But anyway, I just got back from the Walmart here in Spokane, WA (Wellesly). No luck, all regular price. I wish they'd clearance them on the website, too...

[quote name='EeveeFanboy']I bought two $40 cards a few weeks ago and today they were up to regular price :([/QUOTE]

Same result here for the Dixon, CA Super Wal-Mart. The display, cards, and number of cards seems the same as when I was there a few weeks ago, but they rang up for $50 today. Maybe this deal is officially dead?

Went into a store and saw them on a clearance aisle marked down. Took it to the register and rang up regular price. They honored the price but I am thinking that it may be dead....

Rang up regular price after being on clearance for about a month. :(
I should have jumped on these when I first saw them on clearance, instead of hoping they would go down more!

[quote name='misterine']change your billing address to a place in rhoad island

no tax :D[/QUOTE]

i live in RI theres 7% tax here i havent tried on PSN but that seems strange??

ive been searching since the thread started and still can't find reduced psn cards in southern california. mykee98 or anyone have extras that they are willing to sell?

bread's done
Back