Walmart Return Policy

Sockey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
About a week ago I was on vacation and needed something to do during travel. I picked up a white DS lite at a Walmart a couple hundred miles from my home. Anyway it worked great and was nice to have. I recently got home and noticed that the new Black & Red DS will be released soon. I would really prefer this color over the one I have now.

I was wondering if I could return the DS and buy the new one when it is released on August 21st. I don't know too much about Walmart's return policy and am not sure if they will let me do this.

I have the original receipt and all of the inserts and packaging that came with the system. My question whether or not Walmart allows you to return and opened item like this (I checked their website and it said that the only items that have to be sealed are multimedia items like CDs, movies, and games). Also I bought the system at a different location than the one at which I would return it. I don't think that would be a problem. Would it?

Anybody have any advice or information? Thanks

Really depends on the walmart. There are some really ghetto walmarts that will take back anything no questions asked. There are those that follow the rules right down to the letter (which means you're stuck with it). Worst case scenario, you can probably get a store credit which you could probably save til the new DS comes out. I have returned items to walmart before under some unusual circumstances without issue, but again, it depends on the walmart. good luck to ya!

Well I put everything in the box and it looks just like new (except for the seal). Does anybody know for sure whether or not they accept returns from other stores?

As long as you have the receipt you can take it back to ANY Walmart. I say go for it. Sounds like you have everything in order and knowing the employees there they'll probably ok your return no problem.

[quote name='Sockey']Ok, I plan on taking it in tomorrow. Will they ask me anything (like why I am returning it)? What should I say?[/quote]

Tell them it has a few dead picels. I would bet that it does and you don't even know, so it wouldn't even be lying.

With systems, you can return them opened no matter what. It is the media that cannot be returned.

You should be fine, you have a receipt and a legitamate reason.

[quote name='soccerstud652']Tell them it has a few dead picels. I would bet that it does and you don't even know, so it wouldn't even be lying.

With systems, you can return them opened no matter what. It is the media that cannot be returned.

You should be fine, you have a receipt and a legitamate reason.[/quote]

:bomb: this is why i saw a few dsl's at target with the bonus mario/peach bling skins a few months back. of course as soon as i step out the door i saw they had been resealed. i returned it the next day and never opened to see if they were missing. what a tease

I returned my 360 today to get the new hdmi ones and they were going to resell it, but it had some sticker residue from my transformers skin I had on there. They gave me shit for that but decided to take it back anyway. I was nice the whole way through, but wanted to rip into them for reselling it new.

You should be able to return it within 90 days as long as you have a receipt for it. If you don't have a receipt they will give you store credit probably, but they may not take it back. If its out of the 90 day return policy period then they probably won't take it back at all.

Just thought I'd let you guys know I returned it today with no problems. Some lady from electronics came over and checked to make sure I had everything. They asked me what was wrong and I just said that a new version I wanted was coming out Monday.

Thanks everybody for all the help.

bread's done
Back