walmart return w/o receipt

UnderwaterMadman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I have a copy of GT pro series that was purchased at walmart and given to me as a gift. I don't want to ask the person for the receipt and make them feel bad about buying me a shitty game.

So will walmart take it back without a receipt?

It used to be Wal-Mart policy to accept a certain number of "no reciept" returns a year for any individual customer (3 or so if I am not mistaken). I am not sure if they still do this.

Actually it depends on the store manager.... I had a case where I couldn't return a new/sealed game I received as a gift because I didn't even have a receipt.

Even though, I've done it before at the same walmart a couple or so months prior & receive store credit.

Well the guy was awfully 'ill tempered' for some reason - I suppose it's just my rotton luck to get such a prick.....

Regardless - just try it OP - the worst they can do is just say 'no' - right?

They will have no problem giving you credit on a gift card so as long its not opened. YMMV but my sisters friend bought a clothing iron and it crapped out on her. She no longer had receipt as it was a while ago. She went back to Walmart and got store credit to get a new one

[quote name='UnderwaterMadman']The worst thing that can happen is I waste $6.20 in gas going there and back.

Best case is I walk out with some raving rabbids or GHII.[/quote]

Ahh I see I see,
Well - I suppose you can wait until you have to go to walmart for another particular reason & do the exchange/return as a secondary priority.
Since there's no time period for an non receipt exchange. However, over time your game could depreciate in price & thus, giving you a lower store credit.
decisions, decisions.

Hmm, why not try trading/selling here on the trading forum?

I highly doubt that anyone on this site wants GT Pro Racing.

$6.20 in gas just to go there? DAMNNNNN! Where the hell do you live that it's that far of a trek to a Wal*Mart? I mean, seriously, WalMart around here is like the black plague, constantly encroaching and multiplying.

Hell, they're building one less than 20 blocks from my house and if I didn't think they were as evil a corporation as Circuit City, Gamestop and EA Games, I'd actually apply and work there. But, then again, I don't have the shiny happy WalMart attitude.

Actually, I worked for the one Wally World about 6-8 miles from me back in 2000ish and NO ONE there was as cheerful as you used to see on the WalMart commercials(until they figured out they could use a bouncing smiley face and only have to pay the voice over guy for the commercial thus saving more money for them to buy American flags from Mexico).

Just return the game, get GH II and be done with it already, before the game DOES go down in value.

They should do it, and if they don't, they probably will if you cop an attitude. When i worked there, we had to watch these creepy ass brainwashing videos, but the bottom line was the customer always wins.

I've had no problem returning (new, unopened) items for store credit. Getting the right person can help, and not copping an attitude can definitely help. (I have worked in customer service for the past 20 years, and the people who throw attitude are the ones who are more likely to get a whole bunch of No's, I'll adhere to the policy and then some. Don't cop an attitude--act honest but firm and polite. Act like you expect a certain resolution, not because you're used to entitlement, but because that's just the way it is). )The last time they didn't even want to look at my license (but the item was under ten bucks).
Hell, I spend enough money at WM, I don't feel a bit of guilt about it, even if the item didn't come from them (but it is a new item, that they do carry/sell).

bread's done
Back