Walmart: Vanquish, Yakuza 4 & WKC $20

I have to go to walmart to return something my GF bought, I'll check this out thanks :D

I'm interested in WKC but the reviews are bad :(

[quote name='Ren01']Saw all the 3 games for $20 at my local Walmart. Couldn't resist Vanquish for that price![/QUOTE]

Where are you located?

[quote name='lustyhitter']$20 for Yakuza 4? Seriously? I can't see Wal-Mart dropping that game's price to $20 unannounced. The other two, yes.[/QUOTE]

Same here, are you sure it was Yakuza 4?

It was a the Guildford Walmart in BC. It had a $20.00 sticker and not $19.98 like other games. I was pretty shocked to see Yakuza 4 for that price, but it's not my type of game.

The pricing for WKC and Vanquish (PS3 only) is reflected on walmart.ca for that specific store (and not any stores near me). Try checking walmart.ca before venturing out.

Went to my local Wal-Mart here in Ontario and both Yakuza 4 & WKC were sadly full price with Vanquish being $42.83 or something

I'd probably get all 3 if Vanquish is on X360 as well (I never choose to play games that make frequent use of triggers & analogue sticks on ps3, ie: all racers and shooters, unless I have to.).

[quote name='Derfel']Also remember that WKC 2 comes out later this year and includes WKC 1.[/QUOTE]
That's true...the idea behind it is you import your character from 1 to 2.

I had WKC (power traded in), think it takes around 35 hours to finish single player story, and it took around 10 hours before it clicked with me.

I lost all my ps3 saves last year when my profile got corrupted, so I may pick it up again so I dont have to dredge through the first game, as apparently the second one is greatly improved.

I'll bet Yakuza 3, not 4, was the game that was supposed to be lowered to $20. However, Yakuza 3 is very difficult to find new anywhere (Microplay near my house has several copies) so the fools at the OP's Wal-Mart decided to sell Yakuza 4 at that price.

[quote name='lustyhitter']I'll bet Yakuza 3, not 4, was the game that was supposed to be lowered to $20. However, Yakuza 3 is very difficult to find new anywhere (Microplay near my house has several copies) so the fools at the OP's Wal-Mart decided to sell Yakuza 4 at that price.[/QUOTE]

I doubt Yakuza 3 was the game that was supposed to be $20. It was part of the $1 clearance games a short while ago. Sounds like this was definitely YMMV.

wake up people! the OP was clearly lying. Matter of fact, how can anyone blindly believe his non-sense when he didn't post pics of receipt?????? If he does post undoctored pics, then I shall stand corrected. Until then, to me, he's simply a loser who wants e-attention.

[quote name='wrathchild']vanquish looks good but i heard it was very short, is it worth the twenty?[/QUOTE]

My opinion, hell yes.

[quote name='CAGirl']wake up people! the OP was clearly lying. Matter of fact, how can anyone blindly believe his non-sense when he didn't post pics of receipt?????? If he does post undoctored pics, then I shall stand corrected. Until then, to me, he's simply a loser who wants e-attention.[/QUOTE]

Is that sarcasm? Where's your proof the original poster was "clearly lying"?

[quote name='E_Man']Went to 2 Wal-Marts last night and nothing. I call it BS!!![/QUOTE]

Were those Wal-marts in Canada? You may have just stumbled into the Canadian sub-forum by mistake ...

[quote name='CAGirl']wake up people! the OP was clearly lying. Matter of fact, how can anyone blindly believe his non-sense when he didn't post pics of receipt?????? If he does post undoctored pics, then I shall stand corrected. Until then, to me, he's simply a loser who wants e-attention.[/QUOTE]

As mentioned, the prices he stated showed as being valid yesterday on the walmart.ca website for his store specifically. I saw them personally. However, it must have been some sort of price error, as they have been set back in line with the other stores today. I'm sure the post was truthful, but regardless, it's pretty rude to accuse someone of lying just for sharing a deal they were excited about. What benefit would it offer to do so? If you had done a little research yesterday instead of immediately condemning the OP, you would have seen that the website backed up the claim.

[quote name='Derfel']As mentioned, the prices he stated showed as being valid yesterday on the walmart.ca website for his store specifically. I saw them personally. However, it must have been some sort of price error, as they have been set back in line with the other stores today. I'm sure the post was truthful, but regardless, it's pretty rude to accuse someone of lying just for sharing a deal they were excited about. What benefit would it offer to do so? If you had done a little research yesterday instead of immediately condemning the OP, you would have seen that the website backed up the claim.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. It's sad when people don't trust people anymore.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[quote name='Mr.']It's not that we don't trust you, it's just no use to anyone else if we can't buy them for $20.[/QUOTE]

Sure, but how would he have known that at the time? I REALLY want Vanquish at that price, so it sucks, but if people get jumped on for posting deals that turn out to be YMMV then they'll stop posting at all.

[quote name='wrathchild']vanquish looks good but i heard it was very short, is it worth the twenty?[/QUOTE]

It's WELL worth $20. It's not too short, around 6 hours or so, but the gameplay is AMAZING, if you like 3rd person shooters. It's crazy, over the top, and ridiculously fast. Definitely worth your time.

wow i wish i could jump on this in the states. I just best Yakuza 4 with all trophies but beating the game on extra hard mode. 60+ hours for my first playthrough. that game is pure genius and i loved every minute of it.

[quote name='ShocWave']Is the deal dead? I'm tempted to stop by that Wal-Mart location, but it's in Surrey and ever-so far away...[/QUOTE]

Yes, looks to be well and truly dead. WKC lists at $29.83 now, but that's nothing to write home about.

[quote name='sml_mndz']on amazon it shows $25.46 thats free shipping and no tax. But i'll bite when under 20[/QUOTE]

You know you're in the Canadian forum, right :roll:

Anyhow as for WKC anyone should wait for WKC2 which will release in both Europe (by Sony) and USA (by D3) in early summer. Both games will be uncluded (WKC1 and WKC2) and WKC1 battle system will be updated to the latest revision.

As soon as retailers understand that. TIV for WKC1 should drop drastically as well.

walmart in QC

vanquish 42.83$
yakuza 4 59.96$

so i assume it slect walmart or price error for yakuza 4 good for who can get the deal!

FMA

bread's done
Back