Walmart - Wii bundle in stock ($648.38)

[quote name='Rictor']Wow, and they nail you for $35 shipping too.[/quote]
well, the best part is that im sure you can take all the games back if you dont want them and you have the system for around 285 then...not EXTREMELY bad

It doesn't work though. Once it's in your cart it says "Configuration is not available at this time. Please delete it from your cart. Click here to see available options." Clicking "here" just brings you back to the product page.

[quote name='pete5883']It doesn't work though. Once it's in your cart it says "Configuration is not available at this time. Please delete it from your cart. Click here to see available options." Clicking "here" just brings you back to the product page.[/QUOTE]

that i did not know, sorry.

[quote name='dsg_gt2004']well, the best part is that im sure you can take all the games back if you dont want them and you have the system for around 285 then...not EXTREMELY bad[/quote]
Is this true? Can you return the games?

[quote name='fenderhutz']I can't believe Wal-Mart has the absolute worst bundle available forcing you to buy 8 games. Idiots.[/QUOTE]
Yeah this is getting ridiculous. 8 games?? The more people keep buying these up, the worse it's going to get every next-gen launch.

[quote name='fenderhutz']I can't believe Wal-Mart has the absolute worst bundle available forcing you to buy 8 games. Idiots.[/QUOTE]

Well, to be fair it's not the absolute worst bundle (though it does suck). Fry's was selling Wii + 5 games with no choice of game, and not very good ones at that - Rampage, Tony Hawk, Madden, Monkey Ball, and GT Pro series.

And also, Wal-Mart sold system only if you got in line at a store, this bundle was only forced on online buyers.

If you can figure out which games they let you get and you can return the games to the store, its a good deal. Was the $35 overnight shipping?

Wlmart is shipping slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

my wii doesnt get heere till next monday and we preoderd.

Here's what I did:

1. Buy the bundle
2. Wait for the console to ship. It usually ships first, except perhaps 1-2 games.
3. Hope that you get one or more games "delayed" as I did
4. Call up customer service and complain about how the high price doesn't justify these kinds of delays. Say that you want to cancel the entire order.
5. If you're convincing enough, they'll cancel it for you. You'll be left with just the console.

Don't abuse it, though.

To be fair, they initially had the best bundle. Extra controller? Probably gonna need that sooner or later. 4 games? Hell, you got to pick em. Fry's had what, a 5 game bundle in store, and the flagship title not even among them.

But yeah, they've made it far worse. And 30+ dollars for just shipping kinda sucks. Especially considering every single one of us is paying the state tax on top of it. Still. Hopefully, at the very least, they'll let you switch out games at the store. I know something like that is YMMV, but I'd imagine them being flexible when you have a receipt that actually shows you bought it from the company.

bread's done
Back