Walmart Xbox Live Halo 4 Map Pass $25 w/ 2000 MS points

masterd919

CAGiversary!
Hey CAGers (specifically Xbox gamers),

I didn't see this posted anywhere so...I was searching through Walmart's pre-order stuff and came across the Halo 4 Map Pass with 2000 MS points included.

Halo DLC packs retail for 800 MS points (usually) and 2000 points would not be enough for all 3 future DLC's...so apparently, you are getting 2000 points on top of your map pack DLC pass for $24.99. Not a bad deal if you didn't pre-order the LE like myself. :cool:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Xbox-Live-Halo-4-Map-Pass-24.99-Card-with-2000-Points/21881930

The only catch is it is in-store only and seems hit or miss at the moment. I'm planning on heading to Walmart tomorrow to look into this as I'd like to grab one of these as soon as possible.

It also comes with 2 bonus helmets as well for those Halo fans that need every piece of equipment possible (again, like myself). :applause:

0079936600718_180X180.jpg

Lemstar, it says right on the card that it comes with the War Games Map Pass and two bonus helmets in addition to the 2000 points. Not bad at all. I'm guessing this listing is a place holder because Microsoft hasn't announced the actual card yet.

[quote name='Lemstar']Are you sure this isn't just 2000 MSP, like the CoD Elite branded 4000 MSP cards?[/QUOTE]

It's their own fault if they lead people on here because it says WITH 2000 points. As I mentioned before, I'll be going into Walmart tomorrow to look for one myself, or ask a clerk.

If all else fails, I'll write customer service for MS & Walmart and see what they come back with...but fingers crossed here as this deal is quite amazing.

There's no way MS is giving away 3 maps packs and $25 worth of MS points for $25. Its definitely just 2000 MSP with a Halo 4 picture. Walmart has MSP cards with Gears, COD and Kinect Sports pictures too.

Well, from the wording it sounds like OP is right. It says it includes 2,000 points and the map packs/helmets.

But yeah I'm pretty skeptical of this.

[quote name='Lemstar']Are you sure this isn't just 2000 MSP, like the CoD Elite branded 4000 MSP cards?[/QUOTE]

It's the MP plus 2000 points according to the site. Awesome deal for vanilla buyers.

[quote name='JohnnyCage']There's no way MS is giving away 3 maps packs and $25 worth of MS points for $25. Its definitely just 2000 MSP with a Halo 4 picture. Walmart has MSP cards with Gears, COD and Kinect Sports pictures too.[/QUOTE]

Read the description.

If you scroll over the picture its worded different than the Walmart description. This is only 2000 MSP. I've seen other cards that say the same thing just with different games.

No no no. This is JUST 2000 points. Nothing more, nothing less. It is advertising that you CAN use the points to get the War Games Map Pack which itself has bonus helmets. Look carefully at the card itself. Walmart's site description is very misleading and quite wrong.

[quote name='Nogib']No no no. This is JUST 2000 points. Nothing more, nothing less. It is advertising that you CAN use the points to get the War Games Map Pack which itself has bonus helmets. Look carefully at the card itself. Walmart's site description is very misleading and quite wrong.[/QUOTE]

Very strange and misleading wording on Walmart's site. Using the currency converter for MS points to cash, it does look like 2000 points is $25 worth of content. So when the packs come out for 800 MSP separately (most likely), they'll be $30 total or $10 per pack. You are saving $5 here (not including tax) and getting 2 helmets. Still not horrible, but clearly Walmart's fault (and my own) for not taking that into consideration. It is a shame that this deal isn't as glorious as what I had thought...but it's all good. Apologies fellow CAGer's.

I haven't seen any of the other game point cards, but it's unlikely Halo would be any different.

I will make the appropriate changes to this thread (if possible?). Thanks.

[quote name='bfett9']Id go in store before jumping to conclusions to check it out.[/QUOTE]

I'll be heading there tomorrow regardless and will have a definitive answer by then.

I don't want to get anyone's hopes up in the meantime. Unless of course somebody else finds out some new information today.

I'm gonna side with those saying it's just the points. Amazon.co.uk has a similar item named Halo 4 branded 2000 Live Points - Season Pass (Xbox 360) although there isn't a picture up yet. If the description doesn't change before release I guess you could play ignorant with CS and try to get something extra but that seems like a hassle. I'd like to be wrong but getting the points AND the maps seems too good to be true.

I posted the question for clarity in the "Customer Q&A" section at the bottom of the web page but it hasn't shown up yet. Probably has to be screened first before going live but maybe someone will have a definitive answer.

edit: says it'll take up to 24 hours for Customer Q&A posts to show up on the website. Some of you might have the answer from employees before that, but I'll update here if I get a response.

Last edited by a moderator:
the card itself says that you can use the points to buy the map pack. walmart is going to be fucked if people buy this and complain when they dont get the map pack. i wonder if they will refund the money or straight up reimburse the buyers for the 25$ worth of content they were promised.

Also, you can get the pre-order card for 5.00 and use it for anything at Wal-Mart and get the armor skin download for Halo 4 and free 4.99 VUDU credit. Good deal if you don't mind the hassle. Works for a few other games too and the VUDU credit amount total for this type of deal is limited to $25 I think.

Yeah, I'm going with it's just a halo branded 2000 pt card. However, Walmart's description explicitly says otherwise. I already have the se ordered, otherwise I would take the gamble on this and see what I could get from walmart when the mistake is realized.

[quote name='Nogib']No no no. This is JUST 2000 points. Nothing more, nothing less. It is advertising that you CAN use the points to get the War Games Map Pack which itself has bonus helmets. Look carefully at the card itself. Walmart's site description is very misleading and quite wrong.[/QUOTE]

It is this for sure. 2000 points = $24.99
It's just bad wording.

Wait "megma42" your saying I can get those preorder cards and then just use them as walmart gift cards when I goto check out?

[quote name='bfett9']Wait "megma42" your saying I can get those preorder cards and then just use them as walmart gift cards when I goto check out?[/QUOTE]

That's what I did.

This is where they messed up...

"Xbox Live Halo 4 Map Pass $24.99 Card with 2000 Points:
2000 Microsoft Points
Includes 3 map packs and 2 bonus helmets"

halohg.jpg

bread's done
Back