Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up the following...

:xb1:

$15 XCOM 2 Collection

$15 Tennis World Tour

:ps4:

$15 Conan Exiles

$15 Tennis World Tour

$30 NASCAR Heat 3 Collector's Edition

:switch:

$10 RBI Baseball 2017

:3ds:

$10 Ever Oasis

$15 DQ VIII

$10 Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World

:ps3:

$5 GTA V Greatest Hits

Hey Jurai, I've a question for you. Before Brickseek did their latest website update it used to show the percentage of stores that had stock of a game. Does it show that info as an upgraded member? For example it would show 34% of stores in stock on a certain title. Just curious if they totally did away with that or just restricted it to upgraded users?

Hey Jurai, I've a question for you. Before Brickseek did their latest website update it used to show the percentage of stores that had stock of a game. Does it show that info as an upgraded member? For example it would show 34% of stores in stock on a certain title. Just curious if they totally did away with that or just restricted it to upgraded users?
the Pricing Records page shows stock info, this is from Attack on Titan 2:

Store Availability
Discounted: 99%
In Stock: 75%

Pricing Records
High Price: $39.82
Low Price: $1.00

I do not see that info on the regular inventory search page though, Pricing Records page is pay walled behind Premium or above membership I believe

Store Availability

Pricing Records

I do not see that info on the regular inventory search page though, Pricing Records page is pay walled behind Premium or above membership I believe
Damn you Brickseek and your pay to win tactics lol

$30 Virgin Mobile Motorola G6 Play 16GB Prepaid Smartphone, Black https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=450845740

$15 Verizon Motorola Moto E4 Lite https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=758807539
Thanks gonna try to pick one up as a second device for playing trivia apps

HP 15 Laptop 15.6" , AMD Ryzen 3 2200U, AMD Radeon Vega 3, 1TB HDD, 4GB SDRAM - $85 (Limited Stock at a bunch of stores, you could get lucky) - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=471500900

Store Availability

Pricing Records

Yes, the availability is what I was asking about. It used to be visible to all but I guess they made it available to upgraded members now.

Sigh.  A store in my area which currently has over 40 "missing" clearance games at up to 95% off finally clearanced out some games I knew they had in the glass case. Of course they pulled them from the glass case yesterday and somehow "lost" over 15 games as of this morning.  

You'd think when you're already missing 40 games you would say "Maybe we should not put these out where people can steal them" but i guess not...

Not into Transformers, but I've been kicking myself the last two weeks for passing up a $7 Optimus Prime Walmart exclusive that was originally $50. Same goes for the $5 Q-bert mini-arcade I saw.
So I saw the Prime today sitting on the shelf, the box now slightly damaged, and they for some reason marked it back up to $50.

In fact, everything that was marked clearance a few weeks ago is back to their normal prices.

Some manager must've had a hissy fit.

I'm going to look for the 30 dollar one.
If I find one at a store do you want me to ship you one?
Kind of you to offer! But I was looking specifically for the Verizon phone, since that's the service she's using. If you'd like to get that, PM me and we'll go from there. Thanks!

Call corporate. You do not need to buy a plan on those phones since it is the full price of the phone. You can activate it at home as with any phone that isn't bought on contract.

Call corporate. You do not need to buy a plan on those phones since it is the full price of the phone. You can activate it at home as with any phone that isn't bought on contract.
Good to know, that's what I thought but they insisted I had to buy the minimum virgin plan to get the phone, didn't feel like arguing since I didn't really know much about prepaid phone

I found am Afterglow wireless Wii U pro controller for $8. That was all they had for clearance in my area. Good deal if you are looking for one and can find it.

Walmart wouldn't sell me the $30 phone without buying a plan with it, deal breaker for me
The worker selling me the Virgin mobile phone asked me if I already had a plan with Virgin mobile and I told her yes. They sold me the phone without having to activate it.

The worker selling me the Virgin mobile phone asked me if I already had a plan with Virgin mobile and I told her yes. They sold me the phone without having to activate it.
Guess I could just said yes, either way sounds like they were trying to get me to sign up on the spot as some kind of commission

Guess I could just said yes, either way sounds like they were trying to get me to sign up on the spot as some kind of commission
Was it a regular worker in blue or one in a black shirt? I think the person in a black shirt works on commission just selling phones.

yeah, I have some code around an alternative but haven't had near the time to really make it to the level that other people would enjoy using it
share the DEARTH...

Seriously man, as a body that FAILED his Turbo Pascal class which derailed a body's whole college career and some say his life(mother!) I'd h311a interested in this..

Also i'm about to teach myself SCRATCH so very curious on stuff like what language your using for this and how your doing it..

oNe

Regular Walmart employee
I would try another worker if possible. I was able to unlock the bootloader on my phone, so it is possible to use another carrier and root the phone.

Thanks for all the non game deals that you post.

Yooo thanks for the beard stuff shit is hard to maintain at a certain length. Hope to see you back in the Target thread at some point you are the resident clearance king sir
couple of things here team...

#1 - WHo is this Jurai character, its seems I may have a worthy competitor to my clearances skillz, BRING IT!!!

#2 - where would the honest amish clearance be? Been to 4 stores and they all say in stock, I looked at the clearance section by lawn and garden and I looked at the place where the ladies by the face paint and all that, evne looked by where men by the shaving stuff and NADA.. thoughts?

#3 - Anyone know why Sir Jurai quit our Target clearance thread? I was flippin things he posted on there like a son'of'a'gun, probably made like $20K in jus 6 weeks alone off his Target Clearance thread posts... nahImean.. ish was BUTTA

what what!!!

oNe

p.s. jus messin around with you Jurai my kiLLa you the real MVP up in this piece, awesome stuff, still can't believe Wal-Mart carries Honest Amish and CRAZIER, that somebody, YOU found it on clearance and POSTED IT Up!! AWESOME

I would try another worker if possible. I was able to unlock the bootloader on my phone, so it is possible to use another carrier and root the phone.

Thanks for all the non game deals that you post.
I might go back today, if the store even still has them, only two were in stock, I wanted to buy both to run as extra devices for trivia games and he shot me down then wouldn't sell me one without a plan too, neither seemed that logical to me to deny a sale in that fashion.

I might go back today, if the store even still has them, only two were in stock, I wanted to buy both to run as extra devices for trivia games and he shot me down then wouldn't sell me one without a plan too, neither seemed that logical to me to deny a sale in that fashion.
any idea where the Honest Amish CLeARANCE beard balm would be?

oNe

any idea where the Honest Amish CLeARANCE beard balm would be?

oNe
If it’s not in the regular aisle (usually the one with the razors and shave cream), then I'd just check any of your store's usual clearance areas in that general area of the store. I know the stores around me tend to keep one main clearance area in each corner of the store

couple of things here team...

#1 - WHo is this Jurai character, its seems I may have a worthy competitor to my clearances skillz, BRING IT!!!

#2 - where would the honest amish clearance be? Been to 4 stores and they all say in stock, I looked at the clearance section by lawn and garden and I looked at the place where the ladies by the face paint and all that, evne looked by where men by the shaving stuff and NADA.. thoughts?

#3 - Anyone know why Sir Jurai quit our Target clearance thread? I was flippin things he posted on there like a son'of'a'gun, probably made like $20K in jus 6 weeks alone off his Target Clearance thread posts... nahImean.. ish was BUTTA

what what!!!

oNe

p.s. jus messin around with you Jurai my kiLLa you the real MVP up in this piece, awesome stuff, still can't believe Wal-Mart carries Honest Amish and CRAZIER, that somebody, YOU found it on clearance and POSTED IT Up!! AWESOME
What?

Someone needs to teach Wal-Mart the difference between "in stock" and "out of stock," because they sure as hell don't know. Wal-Mart's own web site claims they have five of those Moto E4 phones in the Nogales area, but they were nowhere to be found, either in the electronics department or the Verizon Prepaid meta-store. I even called them last night! The manager said they had it! 

That nutty conspiracy theory about Wal-Mart employees storing stuff in the back for their own consumption doesn't seem so nutty anymore. Screw Wal-Mart, and screw their ineptitude and/or malice.

I mean, when you called it's entirely possible the manager just keyed the sku into the system, which shows inventory, and said yeah they have it. It's pretty common knowledge that walmart inventory is all over the place on accuracy

I mean, when you called it's entirely possible the manager just keyed the sku into the system, which shows inventory, and said yeah they have it. It's pretty common knowledge that walmart inventory is all over the place on accuracy
Jurai stop bein such a pariah and answer my CODING questions please.

it would be most appreciated

Thank you,

Sean P

Someone needs to teach Wal-Mart the difference between "in stock" and "out of stock," because they sure as hell don't know. Wal-Mart's own web site claims they have five of those Moto E4 phones in the Nogales area, but they were nowhere to be found, either in the electronics department or the Verizon Prepaid meta-store. I even called them last night! The manager said they had it!

That nutty conspiracy theory about Wal-Mart employees storing stuff in the back for their own consumption doesn't seem so nutty anymore. Screw Wal-Mart, and screw their ineptitude and/or malice.
Stock accuracy? Walmart can't even teach their own employees to stop talking to one-another when a customer is standing there waiting for help.

I'm not expecting perfection. I'm expecting baseline competence. The web site claimed they had five units for sale. The person in the Verizon store claimed that they not only had zero, but haven't had any since December. That's not a swing and a miss... that's a swing and accidentally lodge the bat into your rectum.

I'm not expecting perfection. I'm expecting baseline competence. The web site claimed they had five units for sale. The person in the Verizon store claimed that they not only had zero, but haven't had any since December. That's not a swing and a miss... that's a swing and accidentally lodge the bat into your rectum.
^ This 100% I see this all the time too where it's just not even close.

Weirdest alt ever
what may I ask is an ALT?

ALSO so Jurai and Bwahhh can make jokes, like when Jurai told that one guy that NON-video games stuff doesn't belong here..

but if we in turn attempt to make jokes we catch HEAT for it?

I don't understand...

I'm jus sayin, Jurai made a post about code and I am starting look into CODING so was jus wanting him to expand on all that..

thats all..

Jurai my apologies if I asked it in a non cool way, my bad!

have a good night all, for tomorrow is a new day of hunting.

oNe

p.S. jus came back from 2 Targets, and nothing worthy to report.

Where are you guys finding the $30 phones? Are they still with the other phones or are they in a clearance area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where are you guys finding the $30 phones? Are they still with the other phones or are they in a clearance area?

the prepaid phones are in electronics, there are different sections per carrier with placard cards you can hand the employee

bread's done
Back