Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
I checked Omega Ruby when I posted it and the walmart app showed it unavailable for pickup, could be getting reclaimed at some point I guess

I own all 3 of those pokemons and they happen to all be in stock at a few stores near me in northeast ohio in case anyone lives nearby.

Finally- these clearance deals never hit my Walmart, but I saw my local store had a few in stock last night, so was able to effortlessly pick them up this morning. Thanks for the heads up!

Last night around 11pm I looked them up and the Walmart 15 min away from here had about 3-5 copies of each. This morning I woke up early, checked, and they're all gone. Someone must have picked them all up. Good thing I checked one more time before I went there. Wish they would have left at least one for people that actually want to play the game instead of just flipping them.

Also, I'm seeing Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (3ds) for $2

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=49911797

I noticed a bunch of 3DS games had been moved since earlier in the week and that’s where the Pokémon games were...didn’t think to take a pic or look any up, but now I’m curious if those games are also dirt cheap.

one store about 35 miles from me has sapphire in "limited stock" and another store about 45 miles from me has ruby in "limited stock" That's not really worth it :/

The plot thickens. Sounds like a good day to go to Walmart and start scanning games.
I actually noticed a decent chunk of Wii U games mixed in with the 3DS games in the new area this morning...guessing those dipped to 3 as well. I'm gonna go back after my meeting this morning and check it out.

Can Confirm Smash Bros for Wii u is $3... Got one this morning
At select stores. 9 of the 10 near me still have it at $59.96 in stock. Though I wouldn't be surprised if they all dropped to $3 by next week, which is what happened with those $0.03 games a while back.

At select stores. 9 of the 10 near me still have it at $59.96 in stock. Though I wouldn't be surprised if they all dropped to $3 by next week, which is what happened with those $0.03 games a while back.
Speaking of the three-cent games this clearance is even better than this because these $3 games are ones people actually want as opposed to FIFA 11, et al for pennies. Plus, they won’t block the sale as they did with the three-cent games at some stores.

Damn, almost none of the clearance games in my area.

Friend that lives in Colorado though has a shot at some cheap games today.  Sent links his way.  Really would like to get one or both ORAS, since I actually don't have those.

Eh fuck yourself

Edit: I won't be sharing in this thread, resellers clearly in droves from all the bought 3 copies posts, good luck buddies
For every one brag post in this thread, there were probably ten resellers who cleaned out the clearance and didn't post. I'm sure it happens everywhere, in every topic on every deal sharing website. And it's unavoidable.

Personally, and as someone who isn't a reseller, I appreciate your posts. I don't pay for brickseek and wouldn't have known about many of these clearance deals otherwise.

For every one brag post in this thread, there were probably ten resellers who cleaned out the clearance and didn't post. I'm sure it happens everywhere, in every topic on every deal sharing website. And it's unavoidable.

Personally, and as someone who isn't a reseller, I appreciate your posts. I don't pay for brickseek and wouldn't have known about many of these clearance deals otherwise.
But I do understand Jurai's anger and frustration. Shares a deal\clearance, some hoarder clears out before anybody else can get there. It's unavoidable for sure but I still get the anger

I agree there, i see the frustration but sadly theres absolutely no way around this.. i do appreciate the posts though so please keep them coming!

How I imagine resellers are when they see cheap games in Walmart 

after-all-why-not-why-shouldnt-i-keep-it-mrw-34124485.png

With the prevalence and popularity of BrickSeek and other deal finder sites, the clearance deals are likely to disappear quicker and quicker.

Also, if you find a deal and post about it before going to a store to buy it, then I'm not sure what one would expect if someone else buys it.

You win some, you lose some.

Eh fuck yourself

Edit: I won't be sharing in this thread, resellers clearly in droves from all the bought 3 copies posts, good luck buddies
aww no, Jurai is quitting the Walmart thread after drama quitting the Target clearance thread? Please don't take your brickseeks and go home, Jurai.

Resellers are a fact of life. We can berate them on CAG since their brag posts aren't welcome here. But they are always going to exist and you gotta learn to deal with that. You are a member of a site (brickseek) that harbors many more resellers; a great deal more than here anyways, percentage-wise.

Clearance people are hoarders. 50% of them have a sickness. My dad was one of those people. He used to hit up the clearance aisles of Target in the 90s and just arm shovel stuff into his cart. But when you let people buy video games, especially ones they are interested in, for only $3 then of course they are going to hoard them.

You can't prevent social networking, my dude. It also is clearly more of a problem for you on the whole, when including other sites, than it is on here because it's not all that prevalent here. We are all gamers here. Don't let it get to you.

Picked up

Splatoon Wii U for $19 and

Fire Emblem Fates Birthright for $19

And a whole bunch of cheap Pokemon of course.

It also looked like a bunch of other 3DS games were discounted at various prices.  Highly advise checking the price of any 3DS game you might be interested in at your local Walmarts

I'm pretty sure he was sincere in complimenting your cleverness of hiding the "Omega Ruby" title within the jerky link...
Correct. I thought that was a very clever method by which to throw off the scent for so-called "lurkers." I was complimenting his attempts despite the unfortunate coincidence of someone immediately posting an "unfiltered' version below his. Thank you for understanding that.

But F- me, I guess.

I'm jealous of everyone who has these games for those prices near them. My local stores are all full price and if they do eventually drop to $1 - $3, I'd expect to be denied at the register just like almost every other time I try to buy games at Walmart like the $0.03 games last year or the Doom and Diablo Switch games on Thanksgiving. I know this is just clearance but I can see employees or a manager telling me they think a $59.99 game for $3 is a price mistake.

My local store has unloaded all the games they've had stockpiled in the back, some for years, onto a Clearance aisle in the Electronics section they've erected. Alas, prices have been garbage since they did so back on the 14th.

bread's done
Back