Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up the PS4 version of King of Fighters XIV steelbook for $16.78 and Micro Machines World Series for $8.37.

Every copy(maybe six total that have sat there for years) of smash bros Wii U mysteriously reappeared after it was marked down and then put back at MSRP the same day. I guess the employee didn't check it out before they pushed the price back to $59.99. Lol

It is not good at all, I found it boring after like 2 hours tops, might be marginally fun if you have two people to play with at the same time though.
That's the whole point with it...definitely don't play it by yourself it's meant for people to cooperate, not the same with the AI. Been waiting for it to drop again, did once and then it went back up. Will definitely pick it up to play with my two older kids.

Managed to get a few games at my local walmart

Gravity Rush (Vita) $9.88

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=19599178

Ryse Legendary Edition (Xbox One) $1

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=41159679

Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (3DS) $9

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=48260037

Fable Anniversary (Xbox 360) $9

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=34193599

Tales of Zestiria (PS4) $9

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=45098358

There's a Walmart out there still selling Vita games? Haven't seen any Vita stuff at any WM around me in a coupla years.
My store had just done inventory and they found some older titles and brought them up front in a box for people to look through and purchase

Went to the Walmart in Covina, CA and had mixed success...found the final copy of :3ds: TriForce Heroes for $9, but the single copy of :wiiu: Xenoblade Chronicles X they supposedly had was nowhere to be found. This was the first WM I’ve stepped into in quite some time that had a dedicated clearance section of games...they had some titles that have been mentioned before like :wiiu: Adventure Time and :wiiu: Rodeo (all of them were marked the correct price), but other known cheap games like Pokemon X, Alpha Sapphire and Paper Mario rang up as full MSRP. This also happened at my local Walmart yesterday, when Wipeout and Wii Fit U rang up cheap, but Kirby and the Rainbow Curse rang up as $39.99.

I went to two Covina locations and the one in Brea. The one further up from the 10 had a bunch of copies of No Man's Sky for ps4 for $10 and nothing much else of interest for me. Brickseek said they had two copies of Assassin's Creed Chronicles for $15 but no dice.  They still had God of War 3 remastered for $20.

The one next to the Ikea at Eastland Center had the last copy of Thief for ps4 for $5 and and a copy of GoW 3 remastered for exactly $9. Brickseek said they had two copies of Tales of Zestiria for $9 but couldn't find them. Went to Brea. Brickseek said they had 5 copies of Resident Evil 5 for $15 and two copies of Need For Speed Payback deluxe for $30. Couldn't find them. They had two large bins full of cheap dvds and miscellaneous clearance games mostly for ps3 and xbox360. Found the last copy of Dragon Quest XIII: Journey of the Cursed King for $31. The shrinkwrapping was torn even though it was in a plastic case, but didn't pay much mind to that. Got rang up and just as I was walking away, I had this niggling feeling that the game was missing. I open the case slightly to not damage the wrapping anymore and sure enough, the game was missing. I walk back to electronics and stumble on a CSM. I tell her what happened and we go to electronics and talk to the guy. She refunds me the money right there at the electronics register, which I didn't know was possible since at my store we'd always tell customers they could only get a refund at Customer Service. Since the game cartridges for the 3DS are so small, I kept suspecting she might think I pocketed the game so I kept telling her that she could check the cameras but she just ignored those comments. "It's just 31 bucks." She said. After she refunded me I told her to check the other clearance games, because most of them had the wrapping torn open and someone could have easily taken the discs out.

I went to two Covina locations and the one in Brea. The one further up from the 10 had a bunch of copies of No Man's Sky for ps4 for $10 and nothing much else of interest for me. Brickseek said they had two copies of Assassin's Creed Chronicles for $15 but no dice. They still had God of War 3 remastered for $20.
The one next to the Ikea at Eastland Center had the last copy of Thief for ps4 for $5 and and a copy of GoW 3 remastered for exactly $9. Brickseek said they had two copies of Tales of Zestiria for $9 but couldn't find them. Went to Brea. Brickseek said they had 5 copies of Resident Evil 5 for $15 and two copies of Need For Speed Payback deluxe for $30. Couldn't find them. They had two large bins full of cheap dvds and miscellaneous clearance games mostly for ps3 and xbox360. Found the last copy of Dragon Quest XIII: Journey of the Cursed King for $31. The shrinkwrapping was torn even though it was in a plastic case, but didn't pay much mind to that. Got rang up and just as I was walking away, I had this niggling feeling that the game was missing. I open the case slightly to not damage the wrapping anymore and sure enough, the game was missing. I walk back to electronics and stumble on a CSM. I tell her what happened and we go to electronics and talk to the guy. She refunds me the money right there at the electronics register, which I didn't know was possible since at my store we'd always tell customers they could only get a refund at Customer Service. Since the game cartridges for the 3DS are so small, I kept suspecting she might think I pocketed the game so I kept telling her that she could check the cameras but she just ignored those comments. "It's just 31 bucks." She said. After she refunded me I told her to check the other clearance games, because most of them had the wrapping torn open and someone could have easily taken the discs out.
That Walmart in Brea was supposed to be stocked with all kinds of cheap games I was hoping to get my hands on, including Super Smash Bros. Brawl for $1, Pokemon X and Y and some others I can’t remember off the top of my head right now. Any chance you saw them or picked them up for yourself? I wanted to check it out myself, but it’s a damn near 70 mile trip one way from home and my wife won’t approve a drive that long for some stupid video games, no matter how good the deal might be...

I went to two Covina locations and the one in Brea. The one further up from the 10 had a bunch of copies of No Man's Sky for ps4 for $10 and nothing much else of interest for me. Brickseek said they had two copies of Assassin's Creed Chronicles for $15 but no dice. They still had God of War 3 remastered for $20.

Wow. $31 for Dragon Quest VIII? I remember when some Targets in my area had them Brand New As-Is for $8.xx I bought up every single one they had. Turned a YUGE profit off of them.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3D (New 3DS) - $19

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=43091593

Brickseek said the item was out of stock at my local Walmart but there were actually 2 copies in the case.
Damn, I actually picked this up for $15 last week from a local Walmart and totally forgot to report it here. Maybe not the best discount on the planet, but well worth the price considering what the aftermarket wants for a new copy.

Guys, I've done Brickseek searches for Xbox One S consoles/bundles today and seen some in the "Deals" section that said they were once as low as $98 (Minecraft Creators Bundle) and two other bundles at $100 at Walmart in the last few months (believe the effective date was 12/18). But when I do inventory/location searches on them, they're back up well over $200, usually to $299. The best I could find is I think the NBA '19 bundle for $199 as "limited stock" at one location, which usually means no dice.

Anyone have any luck finding a deeply discounted One S bundle lately (or even just the console by itself)?

Guys, I've done Brickseek searches for Xbox One S consoles/bundles today and seen some in the "Deals" section that said they were once as low as $98 (Minecraft Creators Bundle) and two other bundles at $100 at Walmart in the last few months (believe the effective date was 12/18). But when I do inventory/location searches on them, they're back up well over $200, usually to $299. The best I could find is I think the NBA '19 bundle for $199 as "limited stock" at one location, which usually means no dice.

Anyone have any luck finding a deeply discounted One S bundle lately (or even just the console by itself)?
Best I found was the rocket league one s for 150

I was having terrible luck with actually finding anything at stores when brickseek brought them up, I'd drive there and they didn't have shit. On a whim during my lunch break last week I went to a store by work that I normally don't go to and they were in the process of bringing out all the stuff that brickseek claims they have, that employees swear they don't.

I haven't gotten all of the deals because they brought a bunch out one day that I passed in because the price was too high, only to find out they marked them down further before they put them on the floor, and I missed out on fire emblem fates birthright, Mario party 10 and Mario Kart 8 for $5 each, but I've still gotten a decent stack. I won't list them all, but these were my best deals.

$1
Pokemon x and y
Theatreythem final fantasy curtain call
Professor Layton and miracle mask
Monster Hunter 4 ultimate
Minecraft ps3

$2

Mario tennis ultra smash

$3

Dragon age inquisition goty ps4
Bullet storm full clip edition ps4

$10

Yoshi woolly world and pink yoshi amiibo

I think they're almost tapped out, but I'm going back every day until I go a week straight without anything new showing up

Dragon age inquisition goty ps4
Heads up: dlcs code for this has a very short expiration date, as a matter of fact I think it dated a couple years back. However I was able to redeem it a month after the printed date.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

I found one of those $69 iPhone SE’s with Walmart mobile. Are they locked only to TMo or can they be used on any carrier? I didn’t buy any service.

I found one of those $69 iPhone SE’s with Walmart mobile. Are they locked only to TMo or can they be used on any carrier? I didn’t buy any service.
I would guess likely locked and requires 6 to 12 months of service to unlock it. You could also use rsim13 to soft unlock it. I used one with an iPhone 6s Plus that was locked to Total Wireless for use on T-mobile.

I snagged a copy of Mario & Sonic at the Rio Olympic Games (Wii U) at the bottom of a podunk Walmart's video game bin. It was $31. It may be worth checking your local zip codes to see if this is another member of the $31 Club.

They also showed the Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World amiibo Bundle (3DS) for $31, but it was nowhere to be found. Props to the electronics associate for actually taking the initiative to check the back, though.

SKU for Mario & Sonic Rio is 50382781. Poochy Bundle's SKU is 54611196.

My friendly, nearby Walmart showed "in stock" for $199 Xbox One S Battlefield V bundle today. Even an employee told me their system showed it as in stock. Of course...nowhere to be seen, as usual.

I feel a bit like Inigo Montoya..."you keep using that word 'in-stock'...I don't think it means what you think it means".

That's not too bad. How recently did you find that? I think the low markdowns I saw on BS were from Xmas sales or leftover Black Friday stock.
I got it 3 weeks ago but haven't opened it yet. For some reason this walmart had about 80(yes eighty) and I watched the inventory slowly come down to about 50 before I went for one. It even showed on the end cap as clearance when I was there. About a week later the price went up to 299.

bread's done
Back