Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't be that surprised if my local Walmart told me that is the price it has to be sold for because they claim whatever it rings up for is the correct price. That's what they told me when I bought a cake there a few months ago. The price sticker on the packaging was just under $7 (with the item name on it so it wasn't the wrong sticker), it scanned for almost $9 and they didn't want to change the price to the sticker price. Of course that same logic from them didn't apply when it came to 3 cent games, then all of the sudden they said it was a mistake (I know technically they aren't supposed to be sold for that price).

I haven't read a thread with this many bootlickers in awhile.  You're here for deals, not to chastise people for getting a deal.  Walmart is doing fine, if you want to give them more money no one is stopping you.  If it's truly fraud then good thing they have an entire department dedicated to fraud and loss prevention and they can call the cops.  There are glitches posted *all* the time, and now we know who is alerting the stores to fix them.

I haven't read a thread with this many bootlickers in awhile.
i dont have full context because posts are deleted but not only is return fraud not a deal, pretending it is and discussing ways to get away with it could do serious damage to this site, if im not mistaken. otherwise we would have a shoplifting subforum.

like no duh you can make money at walmart via return fraud. i have another deal thread to make about a cool walmart flip. with just one gun purchase you can rack up more and more money over and over again if you do it right!

One store is selling it for $49 a few miles from me and another had it for $65.66
maybe we should buy them for 25 cents at one walmart and then return them at another without receipt for thousands of bucks in profit! a genius idea and a great DEAL

....wait what are you doing get your hands off of me!......

Hey, it's a Walmart Clearance deal, so obv it's YMMV, but I picked up a few PS4 Crystal controllers on clearance for $25 this morning.

Not videogame related at all but here is a bunch of $0.25c candy and snacks on sale at pretty much every Walmart. Got my Halloween candy shopping done with this from just one store as they had hundreds of each.
Not interested unless each candy bar is $72, sorry.

Store near me had 5 of the controllers I bought 2 , 1 for me and my son. A guy walked up as I was buying mine looking for a red one, I told him about the deal and he got one also.

Thanks, grabbed 4 at my local walmart by work. They were in a glass display with all the other ps4 controllers and were still tagged @ $46~. The electronics lady had to call her manager first about the price lol and it took them 10 minutes to call her back. There was still a few left, tho they'll probably be gone by tonight, since the employee's now know...

I don't bother looking for clearance snacks anymore. All the times I've tried, by the time I get there the employees pull them off the floor.

Praise be to CAG. I've been looking for a cheap ps4 controller for a long time now, and I was able to score the last crystal one at my local store. Drive over there immediately after seeing the post around 11:30 pm but it was worth it. Thanks for posting!

I've had 1 situation so far where something said limited stock and my wal-mart actually had one, but every other time yeah limited stock = they ain't got it.
Same here brother. I even grab three for a friend. Is there a reason why others grabing so many? I got 1 and want to get a blue color new release for myself.

Thanks.

If it’s “limited stock” is it pretty much the same as not being there?
I agree with other posters re: limited stock items. But from my experience, it's worth a shot so long as the item isn't something that would typically have a display model. The controller I scored last night showed as limited stock; but lo and behold there it was, sitting in the case when I got there. Good luck.

Sandisk microsd cards  are being clearanced.  256gb for $19 was the main deal I saw but they should mostly all be discounted.   Sorry I don't have links, I caught it when browsing reddit.

Sandisk microsd cards are being clearanced. 256gb for $19 was the main deal I saw but they should mostly all be discounted. Sorry I don't have links, I caught it when browsing reddit.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074RNRM2B/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_EAMNDbCREQGXG

400 GB for $54 on Amazon. I bought the same card from Amazon last October for $89, which was about as low as I had seen it up to that point. Show me a 1 TB for under a Benny!

I believe this is the Reddit thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/dfheew/micro_sd_cards_on_clearance_at_walmart/

I don't have the brickseek link but the Razer basilisk mouse the essential version and the 16k dpi version are on clearance for $40 at most Walmarts.

Hey, it's a Walmart Clearance deal, so obv it's YMMV, but I picked up a few PS4 Crystal controllers on clearance for $25 this morning.

Thanks y'all. Was able to find one in a "limited stock" store. Had to have an employee dig around inside the case to find it. Just said it was for my niece. The young lady proceeded to tel me that the crystal ones change colors depending on the game/what's happening in game. That, I did not know. So the day is not wasted as I learned something.

Also, I have one less reason *not* to get PS Now as this controller is going to my PC.

The young lady proceeded to tel me that the crystal ones change colors depending on the game/what's happening in game. That, I did not know. So the day is not wasted as I learned something.
Maybe she meant the light bar that all PS4 controllers have. I can't find any information about the crystal controllers having any extra light changing features.

So the PNY microSDXC cards are on clearance as well.  The decent sized sandisk cards were all gone but there were a couple 64gb PNY elite cards for $9 each.  I grabbed one.  I'm re-purposing an older 32gb card for a dash cam and this new one will take the place of it.   The card I bought is a U1 card but they also had U3 64gb cards for $12.   It's worth checking the section if needing a card.  Also the price checker in the walmart app worked perfectly for getting the price while in store.

FYI, if your local store is showing In Stock but still at the $46 price point, keep watching.  My local store just dropped to the $25 today, so I was able to grab one during lunch.

bread's done
Back